Chapter Eight

Here I am (Discontinued)

The members of Star were asked to go to the practice room. It took them almost half the day to find it because no one showed them the way and the TALENT Compound was so big it was almost as big as a mall.
 

“Finally!” Key said when he saw the sign leading to the practice room.

 

Key took a deep breath and turned the door knob and opened the door. Once the door was opened the members of Star entered. The practice room was like a mini theater. There was a stage in front and a wide wooden floor replaced the audience's chair. They saw Siwon and Minye in the middle of the practice room with a man shorter than they. Siwon saw them and approached them.

 

“Oh... great you're all here. We've been waiting for you.” Siwon said to them.

“We could have gotten here sooner but we got lost.” Minho said scratching his head.

“I thought Leeteuk was supposed to show you around?” Minye said to them furrowing her eyebrows.

“Knowing Leeteuk, he probably went off somewhere again without telling anyone.”Siwon said giving out a deep sigh.

“I apologize for Leeteuk's behavior. Where did he go off to this time? He's supposed to be here.” Minye said looking around.

“Never mind him. Kibum let me introduce you to the newest members of the Talent Family. This is Star. Would you mind introducing yourselves to him?” Siwon said walking closer to the man next to Minye.

 

The members of Star looked at each other then started to introduce themselves to the man.

 

“I'm Lee Haeyin. I'm Star's lead singer and guitarist.”

“I'm Lee Jinki or better known as “Onew”. I'm Star's lead guitarist and vocalist.”

“I'm Choi Minho. I'm Star's rapper and I play the bass.”

“I'm Jung Hyeo. I'm Star's drummer. It's a pleasure to meet you.”

“My name is Kim Kibum or better known as “Key”. I play the keyboard and one of Star's rapper.”

 

The man smiled at them and looked at Siwon.

 

“Leeteuk was right when he told us that they need some work. I'm Kim Kibum. I'm Talent's Promotional and Acting Director.” He said introducing himself.

“Do you think you and Chullie can teach them the basics?” Siwon asked.

“Yes. Han Kyung will be a breeze. But convincing Heechul to train them is going to be a challenge.” Kibum said smiling.

“I'll leave them to your capable hands.” Siwon said patting Kibum's shoulder.

 

Siwon and Minye left them alone with Kibum.

 

“Um... what are we supposed to do?” Onew asked Kibum wondering what was going on.

“Today's your first day of training. Come with me and I'll introduce you to your fellow trainees, colleagues and instructors.” Kibum said to them.

 

Kibum lead them to the far end of the room. Kibum opened the door to another huge room. This was smaller than the previous room; there were a lot of people inside the room. A group was dancing, another was vocalizing and another was reading some scripts out loud.

 

“Whoa!” Onew said with a low whistle.

“This is Talent main practice room. There are 5 practice rooms in this compound the main practice room, the dance room, the vocal room and the acting room.” Kibum explained to them.

“As you can see Talent doesn’t only trainer singers and musicians, Talent also trains actors and dancers. Talent’s artists are known to be able to succeed in all three. Thus, your training begins.” Kibum said to them.

 

He led them to the dance room where a tall man was dancing in front of 6 guys.

 

“One and two and slide to the left then front and one… two…” The man was saying in a weird accent.

“Han Kyung, do you have a moment?” Kibum called out.

“Sure. Okay guys, we’ll take a break.” The guy named Han Kyung said.

“Finally! I thought my legs were going to break!” One of the guys behind him said collapsing on the floor.

“Yah! Lee Sungmin! You shouldn’t complain focus on your dance steps instead!” Han Kyung said reprimanding the guy.

“Araso.” He replied.

 

Han Kyung turned off the music and walked towards Kibum and the rest. Haeyin recognized him as the guy that barged in the conference room during their contract signing.

 

“This is Han Kyung, the Dance Director and Choreographer. He’ll be teaching you the basics of dancing. Han Kyung these are the new trainees that Siwon told us about. Meet STAR.” Kibum said introducing them to one another.

 

Star bowed their heads and greeted their teacher. Han Kyung bowed his head as well.

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet all of you. I hope that you can learn a lot from me so we can help each other.” Han Kyung said to them with a smile.

“Do you mind taking care of them for a while? I need to talk to Heechul.” Kibum asked Han Kyung.

“Sure.” Han Kyung replied.

 

Kibum left them and the members of Star stared at the tall man with a weird accent. After introducing themselves Han Kyung introduced them to the dance trainees.

 

“Meet the members of E.H. Dance Crew, Eunhyuk & Donghae (the dancing twins), Shindong (the teddy bear), Sungmin (the aegyo king), Henry (the musical genius) and (the maknae) Taemin.” Han Kyung introduced them.

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk immediately went to Hyeo and Haeyin’s side and took their hands smiling at them.

 

“It’s nice to meet you.” They said together.

 

Then they placed an arm on Haeyin and Hyeo’s shoulder and winked at them. Minho immediately went in between Donghae and Haeyin while Onew went in between Hyeo and Eunhyuk. Both guys gave the Twins a warning glare as if to tell them to back off.

 

“Be careful of these to Haeyin and Hyeo. They aren’t called Talent’s Cassanova for nothing.” Shindong told them with a laugh.

 

“Don’t worry. We’ll be careful around them.” Hyeo answered with a smile.

“I have a feeling all of you will get along well.” Han Kyung said.

“I have the same feeling too.” Haeyin replied.

 

That afternoon the members of Star went and practiced with the members of the dance crew and started to get to know each other little by little.

 

“I’m glad I get to work with such friendly people.” Haeyin said to herself.

 

She could tell that Han Kyung and the members of the dance crew were genuinely kind and happy go lucky.

 

“Not like the famous star I know.” Haeyin muttered to herself remembering how Leeteuk treated them.

 

__________________________________

 

Siwon ran towards the fire escape and headed for the roof as fast as he could. Li Yin, one of the artists that he was handling was looking for him again.

 

Why can’t Li Yin leave me alone for once and get off my back.

 

Li Yin had been bugging him to book Cho Kyuhyun another artist from Talent and her to a dating show called “Perfect Love”.

 

Hopefully she won’t find me at the rooftop.

 

Siwon arrived at the rooftop and locked the door making sure that Li Yin was not behind him. He leaned on the door and tried to catch his breath. He started walking around rubbing his temples when he saw Leeteuk sitting on the ledge. Siwon walked up to him and leaned beside him.

 

“Minye’s looking for you.” Siwon told him.

“Is that the reason why you’re here?” Leeteuk asked him.

 

Leeteuk was staring at the view in front of him. The view calmed him down and made him forget about Eunhye for a brief moment.

 

“No. I came here for refuge.” Siwon answered.

“Li Yin’s still bothering you?” Leeteuk asked.

“Yes unfortunately.” Siwon said with a deep sigh.

“Why don’t you just book her in that show?” Leeteuk told him.

“Minye wouldn’t allow it. Besides you know it is bad publicity to have her and Kyuhyun in the same show. Mr. Cho would kill me if he knew that his only son would be involved with another girl while he’s engaged to another.” Siwon explained.

“Then you have a problem in your hands.” Leeteuk said with a soft laugh..

“Tell me about it. What are you doing here anyway?” Siwon asked him.

 

Leeteuk got off the ledge and leaned on the railings before sitting on the floor.

 

“I needed to think.” Leeteuk said.

“How’s your plan with Haeyin going?” Siwon asked sitting beside him.

“It’s on its way.” Leeteuk said with a shrug.

“To tell you honestly, I’m not so sure about you using Haeyin.” Siwon said furrowing his eyebrows,

“Don’t worry. I won’t be using her in a bad way. I’m not that kind of guy. Did you know she and Onew are twins? She went by my dorm room the other day and she pretended to be him. As if I would be dumb enough not to differentiate a girl from a guy.” Leeteuk said to him.

“She pretended to be Onew?” Siwon asked him raising an eyebrow.

“Yes and I pretended not to know her. I wasn’t wearing my mask at that time. I told her I was a vocal trainer here and I was helping my roommate Park Leeteuk with something.” Leeteuk explained.

“You gave her your real name? So… is that part of your plan?” Siwon asked.

“Maybe… it seems my plan isn’t going as smoothly as I had expected. Don’t worry… everything’s going to be fine. You worry too much.” Leeteuk told him.

“I’m only worried about you. I don’t want to repeat what happened before.” Siwon said with a worried tone.

“I won’t be like that ever again. I promise you.” Leeteuk said placing a comforting hand on Siwon’s shoulder.

 

Leeteuk got up and brushed the dirt from his pants and started to walk away.

 

“Where are you going?” Siwon asked him.

“Piano lessons.” Leeteuk answered waving his hand and leaving a confused Siwon behind him.