4

You beside me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Morning came a little too fast for his liking. But he had to deal with it. After all his new house was waiting.  Even if he thought of the day when he would leave his parents’ house, it didn’t cross his mind that it would be under these circumstance. Marriage. Even only the word left a bitter taste in his mouth. Even if it was only a probation period, it seemed too soon, too forced, too much for him. He had to live with a person he met yesterday.

            “Kris honey, are you up?”

            “No ma, still sleeping. How about you come later to try again?” *smack* “What the…? Why did you hit me with your slipper? Seriously now, you have to stop watching those damned dramas. It’s spoiling your mind.”

            “If you aren’t ready to leave in twenty minutes I will throw you outside in your pajamas and that’s it.” And the dangerous glint in his mother’s eyes told him that she was dead serious about this.

            “Fine, fine. God. If you wanted to get rid of me you just had to buy me an apartment and that’s it.”

            “NOW Kris!”

            Kris just scrambled out his bed and dashed to the bathroom before the second slipper could hit him. He would definitely not miss this. 

 

            And maybe he could get accustomed to his new life as well. The condo bought for him and Zitao was… let’s just say expensive and really nice looking. He could live with it. Two bedrooms, each having it’s private bathroom, a study that was waiting to be filled with Kris’ books, a nice minimalist living room, and a modern equipped kitchen that it may go to waste because Kris can’t cook to save his life, and Zitao… He’ll have to see about that.

 

            “So, what do you think ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter