Save our Friendship

My Neighbor, My Love

Luhan began to hang with the popular kids more and more. One day as they decided to hang after school they ran into Sooyoung who was waiting for Luhan.

“Oh, Soo…” Luhan said feeling a little guilty for not telling her ahead of time.

“If you were going to go with your other friends you should have told me earlier,” Sooyoung said in a huff and walked away.

That night Luhan crossed over onto Sooyoung’s side of the balcony and walked into her room; she never kept her balcony door locked, a habit after Luhan started to sleepover.

“Hey, Soo,” Luhan started but Sooyoung wouldn’t look at him, “I just wanted to tell you I’m sorry. I should have told you earlier, it’s my bad.”

Sooyoung sighed and rolled her eyes as she turned to face him, “As long as you know it.” Luhan sat on Sooyoung’s bed.

“So what’d you guys do this time?” Sooyoung asked unwillingly as she could tell Luhan was about to burst about things that the group did.

“We watched an action movie which was free because Kai’s parents own the theater! And guess who showed up to join us!”

“Ironman,” Sooyoung said in the straightest face.

Luhan burst into laughter, “I wish!” Luhan wiped the tears from his eyes, “Sohee! Yoon Sohee!”

“Our school queenka?” Sooyoung said as her tone dropped.

“Yeah! She’s so pretty!” Luhan sighed as he fell back onto Sooyoung’s bed. Sooyoung made her displeased face but Luhan was too busy daydreaming to notice.

 

After that day Luhan came to Sooyoung and told her that he was going with his friends more and more, up to the point that he stopped and she didn’t bother waiting for him anymore. After hanging with his friends late into the night Luhan would be too exhausted to visit Sooyoung so the visits also ceased.

 

In one last attempt to hang onto their friendship Sooyoung approached Luhan on the last day of school, “Lulu, I was thinking, cause it’s the last day of school and all… let’s walk home together, for old time’s sake,” Sooyoung said hopefully.

“Um… sure,” Luhan said as he gave her an awkward smile.

“Yay! Ok, see you after school,” Sooyoung smiled gleefully as she went back to her desk.