Lulu

My Neighbor, My Love

One night Luhan’s parents fought, as they usually did, Luhan didn’t want to hear it so he went onto his balcony and couldn’t help but cry. He didn’t understand why his parents fought all the time; did they not love each other?

Suddenly Sooyoung’s balcony opened and little Sooyoung popped her head out, “What’s wrong?”

Luhan was embarrassed to tell her. Truthfully he was jealous of her family, they never fought, and he’d always hear laughter through the walls, “Nothing…” Luhan sniffled.

Sooyoung surprised Luhan when she popped her arm through the bars between them and patted his back with tenderness. Usually Luhan would have pulled away but this time he needed the feeling of comfort.

“I know,” Sooyoung exclaimed, “Let’s have a sleepover!” Luhan looked at her with questionable eyes, “It’ll be fun, just jump over to my side.”

After taking a minute to think about it Luhan accepted the offer by lifting himself over to her side of the balcony. Sooyoung grinned as she showed him around her room. They built a blanket fort and giggled together until their eyelids grew heavy.

“Luhan,” Sooyoung said in a soft voice.

“Hm…” Luhan replied with a sound.

“From now on can I call you ‘Lulu’?” Sooyoung said in a tired tone.

“…Goodnight, Soo~,” Luhan whispered. The corners of Sooyoung’s mouth turned upwards as she drifted off to sleep.