『팔』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2009 AD - Five Years Ago (December)]

The Water Dragon’s palace under the ocean was a magnificent sight to behold.  It was a shimmering monstrosity of pale green sea glass, a twisting mass of spires that seem to reach for the sky far above the ocean’s surface. Breathtaking, intimidating, magnificent – were some of the words that escaped the mouth of those that laid eyes upon it. 

For Jong In the palace was nothing more than a prison.

The freedom he had within the palace was just an illusion. He was constantly watched. His every move reported back to his father.  

Jong In was lying on the bench just outside his room, watching the ocean surface glisten from the sunlight above. Yi Yun’s smiling face played in his mind. For all these years he could never stop thinking about her. The memories of them together were what kept him sane for over a millennia of being locked up within this prison he called home.  He never regretted the moments spent with her. She will always remain the love of his life – eternal life. 

He smiled at the memory of her, but that smile was quickly replaced by a scowled when a shadow blocked his view.

“I didn’t know you could smile like that,” the shadow commented.

Jong In slow sat up and glared at the girl – his fiancé – Jung Soo Jung, a water Nymph that his father had chosen for him to marry. 

Soo Jung smirked at him and took the seat next to him. She handed him a white envelope, but he didn’t take it from her.

“Are you going to take it?” She sounded annoyed.

“What is it?”

She tossed the letter at him, which he caught, “A letter from your cousin, Tae Min.” 

Jong In felt his heart raced at the mention of Tae Min. He wondered if what he had asked Tae Min to do for him was done. However, he noticed that the letter had been opened. He was about to ask Soo Jung about it when she cut him off.

“I’ve opened it and read it to your father,” she tilted her head back and looked up at the ocean surface above them. “The content of the letter was the usual – you know your father always read any letter addressed to you – Tae Min mentioned that he was doing great and how much he is enjoying the weather above the ocean. He said that he will come to visit you soon and that he misses you and asked for you to take care of yourself.” 

Jong In knew that the letter contained more than that. This letter is encrypted with a secret message only Jong In could crack.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter