『십삼 』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

『Present Day - London, England』

Across the street from Amber’s home in London Jong In stood and watched as his cousin, Lee Tae Min walked into the house with coffee in hand.

Last night Jong In had followed the boy that Tae Min had told him about – the boy that his Yi Yun had given her heart to – Jong In watched as the boy drank himself to a stupor. There was this depressing sadness that had clung to the boy and Jong In had wondered if that was the reason that made him offered the boy a helping hand. However, the moment he laid his hands on the boy he knew immediately who the boy was and the rage that overtook him almost made him kill the boy – his half-brother.

“I can’t believe this was your first destination after your father declared that you are free to roam wherever you please.”

Soo Jung’s voice brought him out of his musing. He turned to glance at her and the man standing protectively beside her. He raised an eyebrow at her, “Is the pot calling the kettle black?”

She huffed and proceeded to hook her arms around the other man’s arm, “At least I can touch him without killing him.”

“Soo Jung,” the other man – Kang Min Hyuk – warned her.

She puffed out her cheeks and muttered, “Sorry.”

Jong In turned his attention back to the house, “I can’t believe that someone who is to become a mother can still act so childish.”

“Well,” her voice was laced with a tinge of venom. “It was because of this mother-to-be that you were granted the freedom that you now have.”

“Will the two of you stop? It’s giving me a headache.” Min Hyuk paused and he knew even without turning around what the other man was doing. Since Soo Jung told him that she was pregnant Min Hyuk could not stop placing his hand so gently on her stomach and regarding at it with such adoration on his eyes. “It’s my child in there and we don’t want to stress it out.”

Soo Jung had the freedom that Jong In didn’t have and since they have been married five years ago, she was allowed to visit the lands above the oceans. Jong In knew where she went without her telling him. She went where her heart led her. The jealously that welled up inside him was palpable.

Jong In ignored what the two love birds were doing beside him and concentrated on the house. He wondered if Tae Min knew who that boy really was and if he did, why allowed that Halfling into Yi Yun’s life.

It was then that he noticed Tae Min storming out of the house and slamming the door shut behind him.

“I’m going to follow my cousin,” Jong In said as he stared off after Tae Min. “Can the two of you watch the Halfling? I will contact you. I need to talk to my cousin privately.”

“Sure,” Soo Jung said. “Be watchful, Jong In. Your fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter