『오』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[243 AD | 1769 years ago]

The night sky was cleared. The stars sparkled like diamonds in the sky. The pearly golden light of the full moon illuminated the night. Yi Yun stood in the shadow of the large ginkgo tree; the warm ocean breeze kissed her skin. She silently admired him. 

When Yi Yun first arrived at the Goo’s manor she was surprised to find that the manor was located close to the East Sea. She had imagined that this place would be more inland and situated closer to the capital. However, as time passed she had fallen in love with the ocean. The sound of the crashing waves calms her. The fresh salty scent of the ocean rejuvenated her.

At first Yi Yun had a hard time adjusting to the manor. Its populace were much different from the palace of Wei. So one night – a full moon night – she found herself restless and unable to find any type of sleep. Hearing the sound of the crashing waves in the distance she slipped away from the manor and followed the sound, which led her to the ocean.

Was it fate that had led her there, led her to find out the true identity of the man that had stolen her heart?

What she stumbled upon should have been frightening, but Yi Yun found it mesmerizing. 

There in the ocean Jong In stood, the water up to his waist, the waves spraying white foam as it crashed into him. The pearly golden light illuminated him. His hair, which was normally hung just above his shoulders, now cascaded down to his lower back. Instead of its dark raven shine, it was now a silken mass of silvery gold. Yi Yun also noticed that he was glowing. A soften golden hue surrounded him from head to toe. 

She should have been scared. He was not human. Except, Yi Yun felt these overwhelming emotions within her and she knew that she had lost the battle she had been having within herself. She had fallen deeply for this man – no – for this mythical being, Kim Jong In.

Two years had passed since that fated night. Every month since then, on the first full moon of the month she sneaked away f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter