『이』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[241 AD | 1772 years ago]

Within the inner chamber of the Wei Imperial Palace Yi Yun sat beside her nine year old brother, the Emperor of Wei, Cao Fang. This young emperor would rule the state of Wei for the longest time, but he was a mere puppet to his two appointed regents, Cao Shuang and Sima Yi.

Yi Yun never trusted the two regents. They were nothing but sly snakes that had their own motives. They pushed and pulled her brother whichever way they desired. This marriage between the nephew of the King of Goguryeo and her was one of these old snakes’ little arrangements, an arrangement that would separate her and Cao Fang. Yi Yun, who had influence over the young Emperor, was a threat, a thorn in their side that must be extricated. 

Yi Yun detest the thought that she wouldn’t be there to make sure that these two men did not blow nonsense into Cao Fang’s ears, but Cao Fang had made the agreement with Goguryeo.  Their convoy had arrived yesterday to Yi Yun back to Goguryeo. Everything had been set in motion and there was nothing she could do to stop it progress.

Yi Yun took her brother hands in hers, “Cao Fang, listen carefully to me. You must not place all your trust in Cao Shuang and Sima Yi. They are smart men, but they are men that are easily enticed by power. They hate each other and just as quick as they would turn around to stab each other in the back they will do the same to you.You must watch your back at all times. Don’t let your pride cloud your judgment. I wish I could stand by your side forever, but I must do my duty as a daughter of this state and as a sister of its Emperor.”

The boy Emperor nodded. Yi Yun wished that he would take her advice to heart, but he was just a boy and Yi Yun knew that his heart was ruled by pride and those two old men had installed enough poison into his mind.Their father – their adoptive father, for Cao Fang was adopted as well – had seen to it that the boy learned to be prideful and had an immeasurable thirst for power.

The door to the inner chamber opened, Song Qian made her way in, kneeled on one knee and bowed to both Yi Yun and Cao Fang, “My Lord Emperor, Lady Cao, the Commander of the Goguryeo convoy is waiting for you in the throne room. Lord Sima wishes for My Lord Emperor and Lady Cao to make your way out to welcome the Goguryeo Commander to Wei.”

Yi Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter