『칠』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2009 AD - Five Years Ago (December)]

Sitting on the beach of a small town called Camber – located south of London – she watched the constant ebb of the waves. There was only her on the beach on this cold evening of the winter, which allowed her to enjoy the sunset, undisturbed. 

The sky consisted of an assortment of shades, a blend of reds, oranges and yellows. The water below mirrored the effect. The waves are tinted the same shades of the sky, with underlying streaks of blue that clashed with it. The darkness of the ocean and the luminous sky made the horizon looked like the meeting of two worlds. It was so breathtakingly beautiful.  

She closed her eyes, letting the sound of the waves crashing against the shore enveloped her. The seagulls cried in the distance. The cold wind kissed her skin. She then allowed herself to breathe in the cold, salty air. The smell is pure and unpolluted, a welcome change from the smog of London. 

She reopened her eyes and looked out into the horizon again. The sun has almost set. The sky is more purple than red now, highlighting the transition from day to night. She leaned back and stared at the sky, noticing its different hues and the first star sparkling far away. 

The ocean held countless memories of her past, the good and the painful.

She ran her fingers through her short hair, as the image of her past revealed itself to her. The smiling face of the beautiful Song Qian as she sat her down every night to meticulously brush her long raven black hair that cascaded down her back. She couldn’t help but smiled at that memory.

However, another image that she wanted to push back down broke free. It was the image of him running his long slender fingers through her hair as he kissed her.  She bit down on her bottom lip as she tried to stop her tears from falling. 

She could remember everything, all the tiny details about him. The way he walked, straight and proud. The way he moved with strength and grace when wielded his weapon. The way he smelled, of smoke, of earth, of oceans and sweat. She remembered how it felt like to be held in his warm and protective arms. He felt like home. She remembered how those large and ever so mysterious dark eyes would sparkle, the joy radiated from them. 

As she remembered his eyes another set of eyes appeared in her memory. The eyes of the boy she saved over a week ago. Those eyes have been haunted her mine for over a week. There was something about that boy, Se Hun, which she couldn’t shake. Now, she knew that it was his eyes, eyes that had created the same reaction millennia ago. 

She was so lost in her thoughts that she jumped when a figure sat next to her.

The figure – a man around her age, medium height, dark short hair and slender build – snickered, “I didn’t realize that you can be scared so easily.”

“I was thinking,” she turned and glared at him. “What do you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter