Drunk and In Love

Kencentric One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pair: KenBin

Hongbin dropped by a friend's club late at night in his pajamas simply because he’s confident like that and he knows for a fact that no one would really have the guts to take his overbearing elegant silk nightie and beyond beautiful face as a joke against him.  

“Welcome,” Wonsik, his lanky blonde friend, greets him from the counter as he toss and turns for the ladies before pouring them their drink and coyly sending them away. 

Hongbin just raised an eyebrow and took a seat on a stool, crossing his legs and propping his chin on the palm of his right hand as his elbow settles on the black pebbled counter. His friend named it plainly as the ‘Artwork' pose which was a shame because he was aiming specifically for the ‘The Thinking Man’ pose with a little modification.

“I see, you’ve grown fond of seeking for me in style every time you’re troubled,” Wonsik tells him sarcastically as he took a tall glass and met the latter’s almost blank gaze. “Long Island Iced Tea?”

“Top shelf,” Hongbin only stipulates after he broke into a very audible sigh

“I know, geez. I’m not going to serve you anything not expensive in my bar even if you beg me to,” Wonsik mumbles bitterly as he slides the drink to the brunette. He already started mixing Hongbin's drink even before he asked him earlier. 

Hongbin gracefully catches the drink with the tip of his fingers with the clearest intention of not wanting to waste a single drop of his drink. He discarded the tiny rainbow umbrella and the bendy straw though before he chugged the whole thing down, spilling a little of its content on the side of his mouth but swiftly wipes it off with the back of his hand.  

“Another one,” Hongbin grimaced. 

“I’m sensing you’re going for something serious today,” Wonsik looks at him with the tiniest hint of worry as he works efficiently on making another drink.

“I’m here to ask you about Ken’s drinking habits,” Hongbin comes clean with his curious eyes. “Has he always been the sleeper?”

It was Wonsik who raised his short yet thick eyebrow this time, eyeing his friend peculiarly as if what he said was impossible.

“You’re kidding me.” He dead pans before passing him another drink.

“All he does is fall asleep when we drink,” Hongbin sighs, staring at the reflection of his face on the dark liquid despondently.

“Oh really? That’s no fun then. Before, he’s kinda playful when he gets tipsy—Actually scratch that he is very playful and a tad bit aggressive,” Wonshik suddenly laughs, looking like he remembered something.  Hongbin was just left to stare at him, interested but a little hurt.

“You still know Leo, right? Jung Taekwoon, my boss and Jaehwan’s previous boss too?”  Hongbin nods hesitantly not so fond of hearing his rival company’s boss’s name.

“Well Ken kissed him once—“

Hongbin coughs immediately at the image that invaded his head at the same time he took a sip of his drink. Wonsik looks at him reluctantly and passed the latter a tissue before continuing his story. 

“It happened during one of our company’s celebratory meetings after drinking too much soju bombs. It’s actually the sole reason why he got kicked out of the company,”

“You’re kidding me,” it was Hongbin’s turn to say those words.

“Nope, up to now that kiss still bothers Leo hyung and turns him into a human tomato; especiailly everytime someone mentions Ken's real name,” Wonsik chuckles again. “At least Ken got over it quickly even before he left the company,”

“Sounds like he has a thing for Ken then,” Hongbin chided not finding anything amusing with the story at all. He looked more bothered than entertained with it as he chugs down the rest of his drink again before locking gaze with Wonsik who seemed to pick up on his bad mood.

“He’s a homophobe.”

“Oh” was all Hongbin says after the unexpected revelation. He almost smiled but ended up smirking, dimples deep, as he felt a suspicious stare from the blonde. 

“Anyway what’s with the talk about Ken lately? Is he making problems? Are you going to fire him too?” Wonsik asked curiously.

“Nope, he’s actually doing well. He’s a little clumsy for his own good at times but he’s more than capable in doing his job. I just don’t understand him sometimes,” Hongbin admits, furrowing his eyebrows. “I really dislike indecisive people and sometimes I find Ken acting like that towards me. I imagined him to be more fun, open and straightforward like you told me to but he acts the exact opposite; fidgeting and getting jumpy over my presence,”

“Well you’re quite intimidating sometimes so you can’t just blame the poor guy for that. It’s only been a month after all. Just give him a little more time to adjust and get to know you better,”

“That’s why I’m taking him out to drink with me but all he does is fall asleep like I drugged his drink or something,” Hongbin whines, flicking his straw. “I’m not even giving him hard shots,”

“Then give him those,” Wonsik tells him as he poured himself a scotch.

“So he can sleep a lot quicker?” Hongbin rolled his eyes exasperatedly.  

“No, so he can go pass the feeling of getting influenced and straight to feeling high,” Wonsik tells him after drinking his scotch. “If it doesn’t work, you can bring him here and I’ll try to mix something for him and release his inner demon for you,”

“Promise me that?” Hongbin's eyes sparkles a little on the suggestion.

“All on me,” Wonsik smirks, picking up his drink when he sees the latter standing up and putting a hefty amount of cash on the counter.

“I see. Well it’s nice talking to you Ravi (Wonsik),”

“It’s always a pleasure doing business with you Bin,”

Hongbin just nodded and turns to leave when he felt a tug on his collar. He looks up to see the blonde with a mischievous grin on his face. “Please try not to bend him down and get to know him first. He’s also my friend.”

“Don’t lump me with you.” Hongbin retorts, pulling himself back up and walking out of the bar hastily. He wanted to punch the smug look on his friend’s face but when he felt his blood rushing to his head, he decided to leave instead and save himself from prior teasing that may result from the obvious blush that now stained his cheeks.  

 

 

 

“Don’t fall asleep on me,”

Hongbin reminds the person with beside him the next day as they were leaving his company's building after work. The y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter