xiii. The Leader

Kencentric One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pair: KeN(focus; onesided) + KEo; implied KEoN (Leo > Ken < N)

Hakyeon thinks that one of the perks of training for a very long time is witnessing another individual grow and improve before your eyes; like parents to their children. He was so sure if he was so into becoming his dongsaengs’ parent like today, he’d have an album of everyone back then but he was more focus on leading the trainees like him especially the new ones in the past. The newest of the first batch of trainees in Jellyfish Entertainment then was Jaehwan before the public selection of the group, MyDol, that added three other trainees (including Sanghyuk). Jaehwan before looked insecure, back slouched, and wears large pair of thick black glasses with his Emo hair style that hides away his beautiful eye smile that once was only for Hakyeon to see. He was surprisingly another Taekwoon-type but lacked confidence. He gets scolded a lot by CEO Hwang who visits the trainees often because it’s the first time that the company would release a group label. CEO Hwang was strict and very meticulous and Jaehwan then lacks a lot, especially in dancing, so he usually gets scolded and called out. Sometimes the older trainees scold him as well, except Daewon who somehow knew Jaehwan. There are others who knew him too like Hongbin who knows Jaehwan from the neighborhood but they were strangers who knew each other only from a far. Wonshik on the other hand knew Jaehwan because he’s the first to meet him when CEO Hwang had called in his trainees to meet the latter formally.

 

Hakyeon though?

 

Hakyeon first met Jaehwan during the meeting too. He was at the furthest corner, wandering eyes that are filled with slight confusion and curiosity. Wonshik was already asking him questions, friendly as ever, when Hakyeon arrived but Jaehwan was a man of few words then so it just ended in a one-sided conversation. Their trainee rapper eventually gets tired and goes to stretch instead, giving Hakyeon more access in watching over Jaehwan which he assumed was forced to join the company since he looked like he doesn't want to be there at all. It irritates Hakyeon, because he and the rest of the older trainees want to be there so bad. He ignores him the whole time until the introduction finally began and all witnessed why the boy was indeed brought in the company, under the CEO’s recommendation as well. Hakyeon first hand, witnessed Taekwoon whom can’t hide his unforseen rival before him. He had avoided making contact on the latter just like Hakyeon did moments earlier.

A few days with Jaehwan made everyone, honestly, just as edgy even Hakyeon himself. However, Hakyeon has ways to face his rivals head on. He was a daredevil and manipulative by nature. It wasn’t that hard to come up to solving a problem especially when it still as innocent as a bud. He just wasn’t expecting that the same innocence will have him lose a part of himself—his heart.

Hakyeon clearly remembers how his plan would’ve gone but the moment Jaehwan presented himself first, exactly a week since he started training with them, a smile he wasn’t expecting to draw out from those pale full lips had him choking everything out of his head—eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter