Abracadabra

The Scarlet Letter

He spent the rest of his day staring at nothing. By the time he was ‘awake’, the sky already turned crimson and Oh Sehun was standing on the doorway of his room. He wander how long he had been standing there?

“What do you want Sehun?” he asked, winced inwardly at his emotionless voice.

Sehun went silent for awhile before saying, “I want to order a pizza, would you like some?”

“No. I’m not hungry.”

Something glimmer on Sehun eyes but Luhan failed to notice that. “Okay.” He said and closed Luhan’s room door.

After Sehun left, he felt that his face was horrible so wash his face in the bathroom. He went to his bathroom and the water.

The water were cold and crystal clear, but when he wash his face he felt nothing. There was no feeling of freshness, only coldness.

The reflection on the mirror was worse. His face looked like never gotten any sleep for days. His cheeks were sunken and there were dark eyebags under his eyes. His eyes looked drained and lost its light.

Hating his reflection, he wiped the mirror with his hand, making it blurred and unclear because of the wetness on his hand. He left the bathroom and was going to disturb Sehun when the sight of his phone caught his eyes. Out of habit he took the phone from the nightstand. When he walked to the livingroom, he realized it was turned off. He turned it on while he took a seat beside Sehun.

“Where are the pizza?” he asked, eyes still on the screen phone, watching the phone emblem slided gracefully on the screen.

“Not here yet. 15 minutes guarantee my . I will demand an extra pizza for this.” muttered Sehun.

He wanted to scold him for saying like that when in fact, Sehun was famous for being tardy, but an icon that appeared on his phone screen silenced him. It was an icon of new voice message, and the name under the icon stunned him. Out of habit, his finger touched the icon to open the voice message.

“Luhan-ah, are you home yet? I can’t reach you and I don’t know your home number. Hey... umh... listen, I..I’m sorry for my words earlier, it was very rude of me and you don’t deserve that. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to said all of that horrible things to you. You can scold me or anything. Just don’t... mad at me, okay? Are you home yet? Please call me when you’re home.”

The voice message ended.

He only stared at the tv, hand still clutch the phone. He could feel Sehun’s gaze on him, so he forced himself to act normal, as if nothing happened.

“Who’s that?” asked Sehun uninterestedly, changing the tv channel.

“No one.”

Later on, the pizzas arrived and they both munching the pizzas, well Sehun was the pizza while Luhan is the extra pizza. The tv was playing a daily music show and SNSDwere performing their comeback. D@mn, how he loved those legs.

“Sehun-ah?”

“Hmm?”

“Have you ever fall in love?”

“Yes.”

Luhan looked at him in surprise, he was expecting ‘no’ as an answer. In all of his life he watched how Oh Sehun’s daily routine was revolving around tv, games, partying, eating, sleeping, and mindless flirting.

“With who?”

“You.”

Luhan successfully choked on his pizza. “Wh-what? Me?”

“Yes, you. Why?” said Sehun innocently.

He looked at him in disbelief, didn’t know whether he was serious or not.

“What? I always told you that Huhhan is real. I love you.”

A series of Luhan’s failed pillow attacks followed before they both sat again on the couch. Well, Luhan sat while muttering some curses under his breath while Sehun struggling to catch his breath while laughing.

“I’m really serious you .”

“Ayy hyung, stop being such an old man, you woud get wrinkles soon despite that baby-face looks.” Sehun snickered.

He glared at him and chomped his pizza brutally, gladly imagining that was Oh Sehun’s face.

Sehun laughed, “But really, why did you even ask me that? You knew I never liked someone, much less falling in love. You should ask Suho hyung or someone else but me.”

“But you’re a drama hardcore fans. At least, you should know a thing or two, right?”

Sehun thought for awhile before nodding. “My knowledge isn’t far from time space traveler, damsel in distress, swapped soul, and badass City Hunter, but you can still ask me if you want.”

“Is love suppossed to hurt?”

Such a simple question, but that question changed the atmosphere between them. Sehun’s expression changed, there was no usual playful touch on it. Luhan braced himself, afraid of hearing the answer.

Instead of answering, Sehun stood up from their seat and bringing the dish to the kitchen. Surprised of this sudden change, Luhan sould only blinked sonfusedly. He was just going to ask about Sehun’s weird behaviour when the latter answered, voice a little bit muffled because of their distance.

“Hyung, love is happiness, and with that, pain come along too. But... if the pain is unbearable, and if the happiness is out of reach, it isn’t love. It is stupidity. You should feel happy when you’re in love, well, not all the times, but still...” Said Sehun, voice laced with emotions that Luhan couldn’t describe. Grief?

Sehun continued on his monologue, because Luhan didn’t responding. “I... I won’t ask about the reason why you asking me that. But you don’t have to fight your battle alone, I would come to help you, anytime you want.”

After placed the dish on the sink, Sehun entered his room, leaving Luhan alone to dealt with his thoughts.

The doorbell rang and ‘Abracadabra’ from Brown Eyed Girls filled the air. Sehun insisted on that song and refused to change it no matter how much Luhan protested.

From where he sat, he could see the screen beside the door and showing him the scene outside the door.

It was her.

But Luhan only stared at the screen door.

The doorbell rang and rang, but his feet still couldn’t move.

After awhile the bell stopped ringing and she walked away from the screen.

Even after that, Luhan still coudn’t move a muscle.

The bell never rang again.

 

A/N: Sorry for the short update, the next one will be longer, I promise.

Ps: I really really hate the stylist on Exo Overdose MV. Baekhyun's and Kris's hat looked...

Pps: I don't like Luhan's hair when he tied his hair, but I forgive him. Husbands and wives always forgive each other, right?