death anniversary ...

An unconditional love

Yonghwa dorm

The next morning, Yonghwa woke up with a smile on his face. He can't believe what he said to Seohyun yesterday. He can't believe that he has that kind of courage to secretly confess to Seohyun. Today he will be working so he decided to practice on his guitar and their newly compose song. He didn't disturb the rest of as they must be tired since they have been practising since yesterday.


Seohyun house

Today is Seohyun parent death anniversary. The day she hate most was today. Although it has been awhile since they passed away, but it seems that she is still not over the accident. Every year on this date, she just doesn’t feel like doing anything. She decided to text Gary that she won't be able to go to work today.

Seohyun: Oppa, I won't be coming to work today. I'm kind of sick.

Gary: Are you okay? Have you seen the doctor?

Seohyun: I will visit the doctor in a while. I'm sorry it is last minute.

Gary: It's okay Seohyun. Go see the doctor and have a good rest. I will call you later on.

Seohyun: Deh oppa. Annyeong!

Being sick is just excuse that Seohyun can think about. Seohyun does not like it when someone worry about her thus people always thought that Seohyun life is always cheerful. Seohyun decided to visit the cemetery. While on her way to the cemetery, her phone receives a text message.

Yonghwa: Annyeong hyun. Hope you have a wonderful sleep yesterday. See you later on hyun! Don't forget to have your lunch!

Seohyun replied: Annyeong oppa! I won't be coming to work today. I'm down with fever. Don't forget to have your lunch too. I'm going to have a rest now. Don't worry about me oppa. I'm fine since I've taken my medicine. I will sleep now. Take care oppa.

Once Yonghwa read the message, he was kind of worry for Seohyun. Yonghwa know that she is the type that will always take good care of her health. Why all of a sudden she fall sick? Yesterday she was alright, laughing and teasing...Yonghwa find something is weird but since she is resting now, Yonghwa decided not to ask. Yonghwa continue his practice till it time for him to make his way to his workplace.

After reaching his work, they set up the stage before their performance. At the meantime, Gary is having his free time so he decided to call Seohyun up. But she does not pick his call. He tried calling again but still no one pick up the phone. He started to worry. He knows that Seohyun has always regarded him as her brother. She will pick up his phone even though she is sleeping, tired or on medication. Gary started to feel worry for Seohyun. He decided to ask Yonghwa if he has any news about Seohyun.

Gary: Yonghwa ah, did you contact Seohyun just now?

Yonghwa: Deh hyung. She said that she's sick so she won't be able to work today. Wae yo?

Gary: Ani. I called her but no one pick up the phone.

Yonghwa: Maybe she's sleeping? She told me that she want to have a rest just now.

Gary: I know Seohyun well enough. Even though how busy or tired she is, she will pick up my phone.

Yonghwa: Do you think something happen to her?

Gary: Hopefully not. I will try to call her again later. You should get ready now, its time for your performance.

Yonghwa: Deh hyung. Do tell me if she contact you.

Gary: Deh.

Gary leaves a message to Seohyun while Yonghwa is worrying about Seohyun. He decided to leave a message too.

Yonghwa: Hyun, are you okay? Gary hyung have been trying to contact you but you didn't answer his call. He is kind of worry, me too. Do reply my message once you read it. I got to perform now. Please please please, reply my message!

After sending the message, Yonghwa begins his performance. Yonghwa can't fully concentrate as he is thinking about Seohyun.

Seohyun was still at the cemetery. She has been there since morning. She decided to go home. While she was walking, she notices a hut with a view of the ocean. While she's sitting there, she recalled of all the moment she had with her parent. Tears begin to flow down. She still feel that GOD is playing a game with her. Once she has calm down, she decided to look at her phone. She realise that there are 8 missed calls from Gary and 2 missed call from Yonghwa... One message from Gary and also from Yonghwa. She replied to Gary but didn't reply to Yonghwa because she knows that Yonghwa will be so worry for her.

After Yonghwa have finished his performance, he went back his room. He looks at his phone and there is still no replied from Seohyun. It was already 11pm. She should have waked up since a few hours ago. He begins to be worry for Seohyun. He decided to call Seohyun. After a few ring, finally Seohyun pick up.

Yonghwa: Hyun! Where are you? Why didn’t you reply my message? Are you okay? Can I meet you now? I will go over your house.

When Seohyun realise how worried Yonghwa was, tears begins to flow down. With a crying voice...

Seohyun: Oppa...

Yonghwa: hyun, what happen? Why are you crying?

Seohyun: A... Ani... Aniya oppa. I'm okay.

Yonghwa: You don’t have to lie to me Seohyun. Tell me where you are right now. I will meet you now.

Seohyun tell Yonghwa her location. Yonghwa rush to the place without bidding farewell to Gary or s. can see that he was rushing for something. It was weird as this is their first time seeing their hyung acting like that. After Yonghwa reach the hut, he saw that Seohyun is shivering in coldness. Yonghwa ran up to her and cover Seohyun with his jacket. He looks at Seohyun eyes and he notice that Seohyun have been crying. He took a sit beside Seohyun.

Yonghwa: Hyun, what happen? Did something happen? Tell me please...

Yonghwa notices that Seohyun begins to cry. Yonghwa don't know what to do. He put his hand over Seohyun and sits closer to her. Seohyun begins to cry more.

Yonghwa: Hyun, remember I told you hold onto my hand no matter what happen?

Yonghwa gives his hand to Seohyun. Seohyun look at Yonghwa hand and she hold onto his hand. All Seohyun could do is to cry.

Yonghwa: Hyun, I may not know why you are crying. But please don't disappear just like that anymore. Just hold onto my hand and just hug me if there's something wrong. Don't go through this alone. I will be here for you to go through with.

Seohyun release her hand and gave Yonghwa a hug. Yonghwa was surprise. "Just what happen to this girl? Why is she crying so badly?" Yonghwa asked himself. Seohyun whisper softly while still hugging Yonghwa, "it's my parent death anniversary today"...

Yonghwa: ouh, are you okay? Please don't cry anymore hyun. My heart is hurting of your tears.

Seohyun: Oppa, why does GOD take away everyone that I love away from me? What is my wrong? What have I done in my past life that I deserve all of this?

Yonghwa: *while Seohyun back* hyun, GOD always has his reason. We are the one that doesn't really why he did all of this for. But hyun from what I can see, I know GOD just want to test your will of life. He wants to test how strong you can be. Please remember hyun, whatever happens there's a reason for it.

Seohyun: but why must he take my parents away?

Yonghwa: GOD loves them as much as he loves you. Don't think it as though he take it away from you. Take it as though your parents are in another country. The more you think that way, the more you will overcome the truth.

Seohyun: Ermmm...

Yonghwa: Hyun, please don't cry anymore. Please just keep holding onto my hand and don't let it go. I will be here to protect you and will always be by your side.

Seohyun nodded but release herself from the hug.

Yonghwa: Hyun, can I say something?

Seohyun: Deh oppa?

Yonghwa: Hyun, all this while I've been asking myself why do I always take extreme care for you, why do I always want you to be happy, why do I always want to see you, why do I always want to protect you... But I think I have to answer already. I think I'm starting to like you. I don't know since when but all i could do is to think of you. You have no idea how worry I was when all of the sudden you disappear.

Seohyun: But wae? Why do you like me?

Yonghwa: because you are so pure and innocent. You can say to yourself that you are happy. People will think that you are a bubbly type of girl but I know deep down how you feel. *grab Seohyun hand* I know you have been trying to be strong. But don't worry anymore hyun, I will here to hold your hand and make you become stronger. I will be here to hold your hand and say "hyun, you got me now."

Seohyun: actually I started to like you too. But I just didn't know what this feeling is about. I remember you told me about like and love in the bus. Only then I realise I started to like you. Oppa...

Yonghwa: Deh hyun...

Seohyun: will you promise to hold onto my hand no matter what?

Yonghwa: just hold onto mine hyun. I will protect you from harm and will ensure that you are safe.

Seohyun: but can we take things slow? You know, not directly become a couple? I'm still new to all of this.

Yonghwa: of course! I know you are new that why I decided to hold back my confession. But today it seems like I'm being reveal. But can we walk while holding hand? It’s the only thing I can do to make you feel warm.

Seohyun: Deh oppa. Oppa thanks for comforting me and coming all the way here.

Yonghwa: it’s okay. Anything for you hyun. Please remember, hold onto my hand. Shall we go home now? You may catch flu at this rate.

Seohyun: Deh oppa. Thanks once again oppa. By the way, I just realise our trip to Jejudo is like 2 weeks more! I'm so excited!

Yonghwa: Nado! Hyun, I'm glad that you are smiling now.

Seohyun: thanks to you oppa. Let’s go home now. You must be tired after your work.

Yonghwa: its okay! I'm strong so this late is nothing for me.

Both of them head home. There were not holding hand when they walked off the hut. Yonghwa wants to hold her hand but he scared that Seohyun may feel uncomfortable. But all of the sudden, Seohyun hold onto Yonghwa hand and say "I feel safer like this", Yonghwa look at Seohyun and give a huge smile. Both of them are walking happily home. Seohyun almost forget about her parent death anniversary. Finally they arrive outside of Seohyun apartment.

Yonghwa: Okay, we are home.

Seohyun: Deh oppa. Thank you once again oppa. *holding on to Yonghwa hand tightly*

Yonghwa: Hyun, always remember to hold onto this hand no matter what. You will feel safer and I'm able to protect you like this.

Seohyun: Deh oppa! Thank you once again.

Yonghwa: Your welcome hyun. Have a good night sleep and sweet dream of me.

Seohyun: Ah cham! Deh oppa! You too okay? Annyeong oppa!

Yonghwa: Annyeong love.

Seohyun bid farewell shyly since Yonghwa call her love. Yonghwa wait till Seohyun has entered the building then he makes his way home. Once Seohyun reach home, she notices that her room-mate is still awake.

Krystal: Unnie! Are you okay? Gary-shi comes over just now looking for you. He was dead worried for you. Where have you been?

Seohyun: I'm okay Krys. I was at the cemetery just now. It was my parent death anniversary.

Yoona: Yah, next time better tell us where you are going okay.

Seohyun: Deh unnie. I'm sorry to cause you guys any problem.

Krystal: Then who send you back home? I know the cemetery is far from here right?

Seohyun: My colleague sends me home just now.

Sooyoung who just got back home…

Sooyoung: Hyunnie who’s that guy that you are holding hand with me?

Seohyun: What? What hand?

Sooyoung: I saw you holding hand with a guy. I was at the opposite side of the road yet you didn’t see me. I didn’t know you had a boyfriend.

Seohyun: He is just my colleague. Nothing more. Don’t get the wrong idea. Anyway we will be going to Jejudo on June 20 till June 30.

Krystal: Wow! 10 days! Daebak! But June 22 is your birthday right?

Seohyun: Deh, we are thinking of celebrating it there. My colleague birthday is on the 28 so we will be celebrating his birthday too.

Yoona: Wow! Daebak! I will empty my schedule for that day. Then ticket?

Seohyun: My colleague has pay for them. So we are in-charge of the food and activities.

Yoona: Hotel?

Seohyun: Same. He paid for all.

Sooyoung: Hyunnie, don’t tell me the guy that is holding your hand is the one that you are talking about.

Seohyun: In fact it is him. He’s not a bad guy. He just confessed his feeling to me and I did too. But we decided to take things slow.

Krystal: Congrats unnie! At last there is a guy that is more important than your goguma!

Seohyun: Ah cham!

The house was chaotic as they keep teasing Seohyun about Yonghwa. Yonghwa had just reached home with a smile on his face. He saw that is still awake.

Yonghwa: Guys, we are going Jejudo on the June 20 till 30. We will be celebrating my birthday and also Seohyun birthday on that day.

Minhyuk: Jinjja? WOW! Daebak!

Yonghwa: I will tell Gary-shi that we are going for a competition instead of a holiday since Seohyun is telling that she’s going for a holiday. I don’t want Gary to suspect our relation.

Jungshin: Hyung, what do you mean by you and Seohyun relation?

Yonghwa: I actually confessed to Seohyun my feelings just now. She actually like me too. But we decided to take things slow.

Jonghyun: Is that why you are in hurry just now?

Yonghwa: Of course! She had gone missing since morning. Of course I was worried for her.

Jungshin: Congrats! Hahahaha! At last you find someone to replace your ex.

Yonghwa: Yah! You know that I don’t like to talk about it right?

Minhyuk: Deh hyung. Go and wash up and take a rest. You must be tired.

Yonghwa: Deh. Don’t forget to pack your stuff earlier for the trip. I’ve spend enough for you guys already.

Jungshin: Deh hyung. Thank you hyung!

Yonghwa went to take his shower and lay on his bed directly after that. He was so tired but it was his happiest moment too. He finally confessed his feelings to Seohyun. He decided to text Seohyun.

Yonghwa: Hyun, are you sleeping? Sorry to disturb you. I just want to say that have a goodnight sleep and sweet dream. Don’t think too much and just live a beautiful life ahead of you. I will be there to live it with you. Can’t wait to meet you once again. So looking forward to our holiday!

Seohyun: I was actually waiting for your text. Hehehe. You have a goodnight sleep too oppa! Sweet dream and thanks once again oppa. Let’s celebrate our birthday in a special way. Annyeong oppa.

Yonghwa read that message and slept peacefully. Seohyun was hugging the bear that they bought and slept happily.



I'm sorry guys that i didn't talk about the Jejudo trip just yet. I can't sleep yesterday thus this part of a story come into my mind. I promise the next chapter will be about the trip. Stay tune!