Two

Wolf and Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lu Han scrutinizes her from afar. Her head ducked low, eyebrows creased together and eyes scanning the content of the novel she was reading. She was quiet, only exchanging a few simple nods and answers as the day passed by. Lu Han noticed that she isn't that good of making friends. She would sit alone rather than blending herself to the crowd. 

 

Something was odd about her earlier. He had that very same feeling when he sensed a wolf in his surrounding. But right now he feels nothing. It's as if his body was turned completely off and he couldn't get those feelings back to conclude his assumptions. It was strange. Very strange. And he was more than eager to know about her. 

Lu Han unconsciously steps out of the pillar he was hiding. His feet dragged him towards the new girl's direction before he could even stop. He stood in font of her and a lump formed on his throat. He bit the inside of his cheek from the nervousness. Yoona was still oblivious about his presence. Or maybe she was just avoiding him. 

He clears his throat awkwardly while staring down at her. Yoona looks up and their gazes fixed. She raised her eyebrows questioningly. Lu Han can't help but to feel nervous. He didn't know why. 

"Um...I-" He couldn't form out the words. He doesn't even know why he was there in the first place. "You look good." He said. He wanted to bury himself alive to the depths of the earth and never return again. He mentally scolded himself for being so careless and just say what his brain has been thinking. 

Oh how he regrets to be in front of her right now. If only he had a time machine. 

The frown that once displayed on her beautiful features was replaced by a confused expression. "Thanks, I guess?" Her voice was soft. And she looks at him for an answer. Maybe waiting to explain further. 

"I-I m-mean... that l-like—It's not-" He took a deep breath, calming himself before he could stammer any further. He avoided her gaze and hung his head down. He suddenly hears a soft chuckle and he looks up to see Yoona smiling genuinely at him. Her lips stretched up to a smile that you can see her perfect pearl-white teeth. She looks much better when she smiles. 

"I don't bite you know." 

"W-What?" He swallowed. Yoona sigh deeply. "You look like you need air. Relax... cuz I don't bite." She replied and close her book before shoving it in her backpack. 

"Sorry...It's just- I haven't really interacted with other girls except–" 

"Then what makes you come here? Is there something you need?" She asked bluntly. Lu Han was surprised by her straightforwardness but just brush it off. Maybe it's just how she is. We need people like her in society sometimes. 

"I don't know maybe it's because you are sitting alone?" He points out. 

"What's wrong with siting by yourself?" 

"You look like you needed a friend." 

"If I needed a friend then I would have one right now or associate myself with a group. Sorry, I just don't want to make friends. It's not in my page right now." That was true. 

There was a brief silence. "I want to be your friend." 

 

"I didn't quite catch your name." Both Yoona and Lu Han walk down the school hallway side by side. As soon as Lu Han insisted in being her friend he invited her to have lunch with him. It was nice to have a new friend especially as intriguing as her. Yoona has this cold exterior to people she dislikes or don't know too well. But she warmed up to him for a very short time.

Probably because he has this friendly aura in him that reaches out to people.

Some people or most might think of this as asking someone out or taking an interest on a girl. But he would like to call it as making a new friend.

"Lu Han." He answered and Yoona nods. "So..." He clears his throat gaining Yoona's attention. "Which school did you come from?" 

"Far." Lu Han turns to her. "Somewhere far." She added. 

"Where is 'far'?" 

"Just 'far'" Lu Han figures that she wouldn't tell him so he shrugged off the topic.

"It's weird that a boy would invite a girl for lunch." A chuckle escaped his lips and shook his head lightly.

"Wouldn't it be awkward if you suddenly just appear in front of your friends with a girl they haven't known about?" She says and looked directly at his eyes.

"My friends would like to have you there. They are as welcoming as me. Now come." He ushered her inside the cafeteria and Yoona could only nod obediently.

 

Lu Han's eyes searched the cafeteria for a certain table full of goofballs. He smiles once he spots the only table with chaos. From afar he could see Kyungsoo and Baekhyun arguing about something while the maknae tries to stop the two from going at each others throats. Of course they wouldn't do that. He could see Chen and Chanyeol throwing food  at each other while laughing like maniacs. Lay was the only normal one. Xiumin and Tao are eating their food quietly whilst stealing some of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's food.

The two hadn't realize the already empty plate of theirs on the table as they continue to bicker. Lu Han stiffled a laugh as he turns to gesture Yoona to follow him. Yoona follows hesitantly seeing the disaster at the table. 

"I told you I didn't take your freakin owl plushie!" Baekhyun argued.

"Tell the damn truth Baek! Tao saw it right Panda?" Kyungsoo turns to Tao who only nodded. 

"I DIDN'T TAKE IT AISH! You are a ripe age that doesn't need a plushie beside him! You don't need that creeper." 

"WHAT DID YOU CALL MY KAISOO?!?!" 

"STOP!" Lu Han yells, shooting daggers at the two who immediately shuts their mouth and gulped. "How old are you two?" Kyungsoo and Baekhyun duck their heads down in guilt as if a child that got scolded by his Mother. 

"Hey who's the chick?" Lay suddenly piped in and everyone at the table averted their eyes to the pretty lady they haven't seen before. They look at her curiously. Lu Han smiles and pulls Yoona forward and the girl stood there awkwardly with other 8 pairs of eyes examining her. 

"This is Yoona. She's in my class." Tao stands up and shook her hand rather roughly. "HELLO!!!! I'm Tao!" He smiles brightly. Someone pushed him aside and Baekhyun shook her hand vigorously. "Hello!! my name is Baekhyun but you can call me Bacon if you want. Do you like Bacon?" He asks, eyes twinkling in admiration. Yoona doesn't know what to answer. "Uh...Yes? I guess."

Baekhyun jumped. "OH GOOD! WE'LL GET ALONG WELL!"

"Lower your voice Baek-" Chen commented and Baekhyun turns to stuck a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter