Captive (chp 5)

Endless

 

My body ached, as if someone has beat me senseless for hours. I was locked in a room, I could tell even before my eyes opened. But luckily, these men still haven't checked the inside of my shoe soles which hid a thin dagger, and my necklace which was a secret compartment for my wires, and I was not alone, Ms, Kim was beside me letting me use her lap as a pillow while my consciousness was lost, then I felt water drop on my cheeks, which I came to realize that Ms. Kim was crying. She was my hair gently while she reassured that everything will be fine. I don't know whether she was saying it to me or to herself but I could not bear to see her in this state. So without moving an inch I whispered with the littlest amount of lip movement.

"Ms Kim" she jerked up slightly and stopped my hair

"Act like nothing happened, and I need you to listen to me, okay?" I murmured just enough so that only she could hear, she began my hair again, so I resumed talking

"what do you see in the room around us??" 

" I see nothing except but walls and a bunk hanging to the wall by chains and a toilet barely covered with small piece of wood" she whispered 

"Is there any cameras around??"

"No, there is none, but I see a small window in the door with bars, it seems to me that we are in some kind of jail" with that confirmation, I got up to survey the area myself, but fell down due to the lack of balance, and the soreness of my body. The drug has still not left my system, I mentally let out strings of curses as I held my head in pain. Ms. Kim held my shoulders in concern and gently set me down on her lap again

"Don't act rash, you are still in effect of the drugs, and those guys from the van beat you up while you were unconscious, I'm amazed that you can still move after you received that harsh beating" she said with concern in her voice

I looked up to meet her gaze and smiled to reassure her 
"Don't worry, I'll be fine, we'll be fine, I will make sure that we can get back to our normal lives sooner or later"  

"How can you be so certain??" She asked incredulously. I flashed her a sad smile but said nothing else leaving her in confusion. Then I heard footsteps from outside of the door coming towards this way, from the sound of it, I estimated around a dozen people. "Pretend that I still haven't woken up" I said to her, and even before she could reply, the door banged open, scaring Ms. Kim along the way.

"Get up, you are coming with us" a man with authority in his voice commanded, 

"What about this boy??" Ms Kim asked in panic

"Get her up" as soon as the command fell, two males grabbed her arms harshly and dragged her up making me fall from her lap and hit my head on the floor. Damn, that hurt like a . I pretended to wake up from the fall and sat up groggily.

"What..... Hey! What are you doing? Leave sunsaengnim alone!!!!" I yelled while tackling the guy on ms Kim's right.

"Tsk, what a nuisance, bring the boy too" then three males came to my sides and held me in place. Then we got out of the room and came out to a hallway with he stench of rat urine and sweat. Unable to resist any longer ms Kim yelled at our captors

"What are you going to do with us? Where are you taking us??" 

"Shut up woman, if you don't want to die painfully" the man with authority spat out to her

"Don't talk to sunsaengnim like that!!" I yelled out acting like a typical prideful teen. Then, with a snap of his fingers, one of the man beside me punched my cheeks hard, making me bite my mouth and bleed. Only if ms Kim was not here, I would've beaten these guys under five minutes flat, I spat out the blood and gritted my teeth and murmured methods of torture I could've used on these guys, just barely enough so that no one would be able to hear me.

Soon, we were standing I front of a door that seemed too fancy to be in wrecked building such as this. The man with authority, I will call him mr leader, knocked twice on the door and waited until a response came from the other side of the door.

"Come in" a gruff voice spoke. Then mr leader opened the door, and first bowed in respect then led us in to a room covered with fancy paintings and expensive red carpet that covered the entire room floor. A man that seemed to be in his late forties sat in a very fancy chair and a desk decorated with gold edges. I assume that this is the boss. We all stood in silence, waiting for one another to speak up.

"Bring the woman up close, and what is a brat like him doing here?" The boss said,

"There has been some kind of difficulty, so we had no choice" mr leader said politely while taking mr Kim up to him. She was shivering in fright with each step she took closer to this unknown man with unknown intentions. While mr leader spoke with boss, I took that as an opportunity to browse the structure of the building. I could see two security camera on the each side of the corner which covered the entire room without blind spots except right below the camera. I cursed out under my breath and kept scanning the room and out the huge windows that has halfway covered with red thick carpets. When my gaze looked out through the glass, my eyes widened by a fraction of a millimeter when I saw something that I never would've expected to see here. Our chance of escape.

 

--------------

(A/N) yaaaay!!!!!! The suspense!!!!! We will be getting some action the next chapter!!!! Hurray!!!!!!