Amazing To Me

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A cookie for anyone recognizing the title of the chapter haha.)
PLEASE READ ME /aegyo/
I have several things to say before you read this monster of a chapter. First off, FOR ANYIONE WHO HASN'T NOTICED I ANNOUNCED A HIATUS. Despite that I am updating today, but for more information to my hiatus you can read Hiatus for now
Second, I forgot to announce it last time: Breaking The Silence was nominated (YAAAAAY!!!!!) here 2013 AFF FANFICS AWARDS
I probably have no chance against the other fics in "Best Romance" (seriously they have like 1200 or 1500 subscribers XD the power of "you" fics I guess haha) but maybe you would like to nominate me for other stuff or vote for me or do the same for other authors you like ;3 I just wanted to advertise it a bit in case you guys haven't seen it (I know some of you can be slow >w<)
Oh right, the third thing. I have an ask.fm account now. I like to talk to people and guys you can even talk to me without me knowing who you are! Isn't that just wonderfully creepy? D: Haha, joke, but seriously. You can ask me things or maybe even tell me prompts for the collection, but I won't have the time to write anything special until March I think >w< but it never hurts to ask me. http://ask.fm/negiramen
Just in case you have forgotten or something and want to follow me xD my twitter is @ramengyu!

Okay you are finally through with this long and full of self-advertisment A/N LOL. But since you were a good reader, you may now read this glorious chapter, which is double the size of a normal one. I could split it but why? You deserve it full I guess (and the cliffhanger can come next chapter /trololololol/)
It covers a really wide time span from New Year to February. So have fun, Woohyun and Sunggyu centric switch (as expected from a long chapter) but why am I making this longer again?
READ DAMN IT. And: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU HITTING PEOPLE, SMILING IN THE BUS, SCREAMING IN THE BUS/ATHOME/ATSCHOOL, CRYING OR OTHER STUFFS. Beware that you could get diabetes from this.
 

 

[Woohyun centric]

 

After the Christmas holidays New Year followed shortly afterwards. They spent it together with Sunggyu’s parents – they insisted that Woohyun would stop calling them Mr. and Mrs. Kim, since he was now officially a part of the family. Mrs. Kim was impressed by his choice of the ring and to his relief she didn’t give them another scolding. His explanation seemed to be enough for her and Mr. Kim. Sunggyu’s parents even gave him a replica of the engagement ring on New Year’s Eve, saying it was not right that only Sunggyu wore the ring. Woohyun hadn’t had the money to buy two, so they had simply gone and ordered a replica to be made. His lover had kept his lips sealed the whole time, though Sunggyu had smiled more often than usual between Christmas and New Year’s Eve.

Except for the surprise present, the day passed relatively normal though Woohyun serenaded Sunggyu again. He hoped it would get the other man out of his shell, but Sunggyu only gave him an apologetic smile and whispered a “Next year”. Of course he was a little disappointed, but that was soon forgotten as the clocks turned twelve and Sunggyu cupped his face to initiate a kiss. Woohyun swung his arms around the other and smiled against his lips.

“I love you.” The brown-haired man whispered gently as their eyes met.

Woohyun smiled widely. “I love you too, this year and the year after that and even when I die my love for you will continue to live on.”

Sunggyu hit him against the chest. “If you don’t stop it with the grease, I’m going to die early from liver failure.”

The younger made a sad face. “No~ hyung, you can’t go before me. I’ll give you my liver!”

“Babo! Then what are you going to do?”

“Don’t worry, Gyu! I live on love!” Woohyun grinned and his boyfriend only shook his head.

He pulled the older man closer to his chest and kissed his hair. Woohyun closed his eyes, slowly enjoying the feeling of warmth. He would never be able to live on without Sunggyu by his side. He needed the other like he needed air. Woohyun would fight the heavens if it meant saving his lover. The black-haired man heard fireworks exploding wide above their heads, but he didn’t care much about them – not when he had the most beautiful thing on Earth right in his arms.

“Woohyun. I can’t see anything like that.” Sunggyu mumbled against his chest.

Woohyun turned the other male around and pressed himself against his back. He leaned closer to brush Sunggyu’s ear with his lips. “Is this better?”

He couldn’t see the face of the brown-haired male, but Woohyun was pretty sure that his face was red already, though Sunggyu only grunted in response and kept his eyes on the fireworks. They watched the fireworks in silence for a while and when the colorful sparks in the sky finally ended, Sunggyu turned his head and gave him a happy smile. Woohyun swore to himself that he wouldn’t let anything threaten that beautiful smile again. This year would be their year - he was sure of it.

“Let’s go inside. My feet are frozen.” Sunggyu complained.

“Don’t worry. I know just the way to warm you up!” Woohyun chirped and pulled him inside the house, Sunggyu’s parents long forgotten.
 

 



January was a bit more stressful for Woohyun. The audition for Woolim Entertainment was coming closer and closer. He had to practice whenever he didn’t work. Sometimes he met up with Sunggyu’s friends to practice his dancing. Dongwoo was a real monster when it came to dance moves. Woohyun felt incredibly clumsy next to him, but he wouldn’t want another embarrassment like that one time with Mr. Kim. If he wanted to be an idol, they would surely ask him to dance as well. But all the stress he had seemed bearable since he had Sunggyu by his side most of the time. The brown-haired man had moved into his apartment at the beginning of January and so far things were going quite well for them. He loved sharing a bed with Sunggyu every night and waking up next to him in bed. He was usually awake before the older man, since Sunggyu loved to sleep like no other. Woohyun would cook breakfast for them and sometimes eat it in the bed with his lover. Since they were both out at night for work or school, they could spend most of their daytime together. Sometimes though their schedules clashed and Woohyun couldn’t see him all day, but he told himself not to be too clingy.

That didn’t stop him from sending a bunch of texts every few minutes though.

They spent a lot of time together in the apartment just snuggling on the couch or watching a film. Woohyun dragged Sunggyu out for a date from time to time since they couldn’t stay home every day. He always managed to surprise his boyfriend with small gestures, which made Sunggyu smile or hit his arm shyly. When they were outside, he liked playing with his ring or looking at the ring on his fiancé’s finger. He felt proud and happy, especially when other people noticed the ring and backed off.

 

 


Something bothered him since two weeks ago though. Sunggyu had finished his exams during that time, but he seemed busier than before. The brown-haired man was still waiting for the results, but he didn’t look worried to Woohyun. Instead of lazing around at home, he would randomly go out from time to time. Woohyun would ask him where he was going – he was not a possessive boyfriend, no, he was just worried – but Sunggyu would evade his question with remarks like “The fridge his almost empty” (Sunggyu never came home with any groceries), “I’m meeting up with Dongwoo” (He asked Dongwoo – not because he was possessive, he was worried – and the dinosaur confirmed that, but Woohyun knew the other was surely working during that time), “I need to bring a book back to the library.” (What was so interesting about books anyway?) or Sunggyu would simply divert his attention by touching his hair, cheek or any other possible spot on his body. Woohyun wasn’t worried that the older man would cheat on him. He knew Sunggyu well enough. He felt bad for even looking for foreign marks on his body once or even following him that one time, but he had lost sight of the other after a while anyways. Still, Woohyun couldn’t help but grow more wary with each time it happened. He wanted to ask Sunggyu where he was really going and what he was doing, but he didn’t want to seem like he didn’t trust his lover.
 



Sunggyu suddenly moved next to him on the couch and pulled away from him. “Woohyun, I have to go.”

He frowned and grabbed his wrist to pull him down again. “Where are you going? I want to spend more time with you before I go. I have to leave for work in an hour.”

The brown-haired man rolled his eyes. “Did you forget what day it is? They are going to hang out the results for the exam today. I want to check them.”

Woohyun pouted. “Is this another excuse? Where are you really going?”

“What do you mean? I’m going to the school like I said.”

“Don’t lie to me!” Woohyun begged.

Sunggyu sighed and moved closer to him. He Woohyun’s cheek. “Namu, I’m not lying to you. Do you want to come with me? I didn’t want to bother you because you have to work soon, but I guess it can’t be helped.”

“You would never bother me. I’m coming with you.” Sunggyu gave him a smile and Woohyun returned it. I’m sorry for doubting you, Gyu. I just want to know why you keep on disappearing.
 

 



They left the apartment together and Woohyun held his hand as they made their way towards the school. While he hadn’t seen Sunggyu nervous once these past weeks, he noticed how worried the older man was now. Sunggyu kept talking about how hard the exam had been, about the questions he had probably answered wrongly and his ’50 reasons why I surely failed the exam’. Woohyun felt even worse for doubting him when they reached the school and the exam results were really hanging on a big wall. People were crowding the place and Sunggyu squeezed his hand nervously.

“Gyu!” A voice called out and the brown-haired man turned his head with a smile.

Sunggyu showed the stranger the smile that Woohyun wished would be reserved for only him. “Henry!”

Woohyun looked at the male that was coming towards them too. He frowned, because the other man had clearly called his Sunggyu ‘Gyu’ and on top of it “Henry” was blonde. Blonde! Woohyun couldn’t look at blonde guys anymore without remembering his stupid dream. He still tried hard to keep any blonde guys away from his lover.

Sunggyu tried to pull his hand from his, probably to give the stranger a hug, but Woohyun didn’t let go of him and pulled him closer to his side instead. The older man gave him a short glance that surely meant ‘What the hell are you doing?’ before he looked back to the blonde male. “How are you? Have you checked your result already?”

Henry nodded and smiled widely. “My best score was English of course, but I passed the others too. Math was a short call actually. You helped me a lot there.”

Sunggyu chuckled. “Ani, you did it on your own! I probably barely passed like you. English, huh? I wished I were a native speaker like you…”

“What are you saying? Didn’t you see your scores, dude?”

Woohyun’s eye twitched at the word ‘dude’. He squeezed Sunggyu’s hand. “Gyu~ who is he?”

Their faces turned to him as if they had forgotten about his existence completely. Sunggyu blinked. “Oh…Woohyun, this is Henry. He is from Canada and took the course with me. He helped me with my horrible English.”

“Please, Gyu, it’s not horrible!” Henry interrupted him and Woohyun held a glare back.

Sunggyu cleared his throat. “Henry, meet Woohyun, my…”

The brown-haired man blushed slightly and averted his gaze. Woohyun stared at him. Hyung, say it! Say it! Don’t tell me, you didn’t tell him! What if he wants to get into your pants?! Henry suddenly laughed. “Ah, your fiancé! It’s nice to finally meet you. Sunggyu didn’t brag when he called you handsome.”

His boyfriend’s face got even redder. “Henry!”

Woohyun felt a stone drop from his heart, at least Sunggyu had told him about their relationship instead of hiding it, though he still wasn’t sure if he could trust the blonde man. The fact that Sunggyu had called him handsome – let’s just say he would never forget it. Woohyun smiled and stretched his hand out. “My pleasure. What else did he tell you about me if I may ask?”

Henry laughed and shook his hand. The brown-haired man gave him a glare. “Don’t say anything! I knew why I didn’t want you two to meet!”

The blonde male stretched out his hand to squeeze Sunggyu’s cheek, but to Woohyun’s relief the older man evaded the touch. “I’m going to check my result. You better keep that mouth of yours shut, Henry Lau!”

Sunggyu gave his classmate another warning glare before he walked over to the wall to take a look at his results. Woohyun observed him anxiously; ready to jump in if the older man needed his help. “So, are you going out with him tonight? Because you’re going to have to celebrate his result, you know.”

He turned his head in Henry’s direction with a frown. “I have to work tonight…”

“Oh.” The blonde male nodded to himself and looked back to the crowd.

Woohyun felt kind of irritated by his reaction. Why do I feel like he’s judging me? “Namu!”

The brown-haired was rushing over to him with a wide smile and threw himself into Woohyun’s arms. He struggled not to fall down when Sunggyu crashed into his arms. “I take it you’ve passed the exam?”

“Yes! I was so scared I might fail…”

Woohyun chuckled. “I had no doubt you would pass. Your parents will be proud.”

Henry cleared his throat. “Are you coming to the party tonight, Gyu? We are celebrating passing that damn test.”

The black-haired man clicked his tongue. You’re still there? Can’t you just go away? Sunggyu started playing with his fingers. “Oh, I don’t know. I would like to celebrate with Woohyun, so…”

“You can go if you want to.” Woohyun said while looking down. “It’s my fault for forgetting that the results will be out today. I don’t want you to spend the day alone at home when you could be celebrating with friends. I’m sorry, Gyu.”

The older man pursed his lips. “Ani, it’s okay. It’s not that important. You have enough going on right now. I should’ve reminded you.”

Woohyun grabbed his hands. “Of course it is important! You don’t pass such an important exam every day! I’ll come home late anyways, so you don’t have to hold back for me. If you want to go just go.”

Sunggyu pouted. “Okay…”

“Good!” Henry clapped his hands. “Don’t worry, dude. I’ll keep an eye on your precious fiancé!”

I would feel better if you kept your eyes away from him…and stop calling him dude! Woohyun looked at his watch. “I have to go now or I will be late. Will you be okay?”

Sunggyu nodded. “I’ll be fine.”

The black-haired man gave him a peck on the lips. He wanted to do more than that but Woohyun knew that Sunggyu didn’t like intense kissing in front of other people. He found it embarrassing. “Have fun at the party. Text me if you need anything, okay? Don’t get drunk and no drugs-“

Sunggyu laughed and shoved his shoulder. “Go, babo, or I’ll look for a new fiancé tonight.”

Woohyun snorted and pulled him closer for a deeper kiss that left Sunggyu breathless. “You aren’t going to find someone as perfect as me, so don’t even try. And you, Henry or whatever, keep your hands off him! If anything happens, I’ll skin you alive!”

He turned around to leave. Woohyun could hear the foreign student laugh behind his back, but what stopped him was Sunggyu calling his name. He glanced back and saw the older man swiftly moving his hands. ‘Don’t blame yourself. I love you.’

The signs made a smile appear on his face and Woohyun tried to stop himself from running back to Sunggyu. He wanted to pull him into his arms and show his lover just how much he loved him, but instead he moved his hands like the other had done in their own secretive language. ‘I love you too.’

 




When Woohyun returned home from work, Sunggyu was already home. He found the older man lying on the couch with the television on, but he was sound asleep. The black-haired man smiled to himself as he crouched down in front of the couch to observe the other. He liked watching the way Sunggyu’s chest moved up and down slowly. The sight of Sunggyu sleeping peacefully always had a calming effect on him. Woohyun raised his hand to the older man’s cheek.

“Baby, my love, beautiful…” Woohyun whispered softly and leaned in to kiss his boyfriend.

Sunggyu’s eyelids fluttered open as their lips touched and he smiled at Woohyun. “You’re home. Sorry I fell asleep.”

The brown-haired man sat up and Woohyun moved next to him. He pulled him to his chest and breathed in his familiar scent. “Why are you home already? Was the party bad?”

“I didn’t go.” The older man let out a yawn.

Woohyun frowned. “You’ve been home all day? You should’ve celebrated with your friends.”

Sunggyu looked up at him. “But the only person I wanted to celebrate with was you. Wait, I have to get something.”

He freed himself from Woohyun’s embrace and ran over to the kitchen. The black-haired man ruffled his hair. He was happy of course that Sunggyu wanted to celebrate it only with him. It made him feel special and loved, but he still felt a bit sad for forgetting about this special date and making him lonely. “What are you doing?”

Sunggyu returned with a bottle of red wine and two glasses. “Celebrating, what else?”

Woohyun raised an eyebrow. “I thought you didn’t like drinking alcohol after what happened in the past.”

“The past is the past and I don’t intend on getting wasted, Mr. Nam.” The brown-haired man set the bottle and the glasses on the table and moved to sit on his lap. He bit his lower lip nervously. “And when we’re done with the bottle we could…move on to our bedroom…to…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter