Web Of Lies

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feels like it has been forever. I was quite busy with preperations for the book fair next week =^= and I keep having a headache+feeling tired lately. Maybe because I don't eat regularily idk XD
A lot happened - like Breaking the Silence gettng featured WOOHOO!!! (if you make HV feature too, I might make that stupid sequel to the sequel, you keep asking for) :D - and I'm sure some of you saw I created two new stories. But I shall spam about that below!
Take your time enjoying this update that is a bit longer than normally, but I wanted to get this ty angst part over with haha x3 that's right! It will be fluff again once you are done with reading this, but I can also say: THE END IS NEAR.
I'm planning about two more chapters, but knowing me it's going to be like 3-4 XDD

Have fun and see you below~ I'm going to reply to everyone's comments now! <3
 

 

[Sunggyu centric]

He wasn’t sure about filing a report against Jaehwa, but since his parents knew about it now, they were hell-bent on pulling through with this. Sunggyu knew his mother was blaming herself for hiring the tutor back then. He realized it wasn’t only him that needed closure. His parents were still stuck in the past just like him and unable to let go of the incident. Knowing that he will see Jaehwa again in court, was making him anxious and frightened. Sunggyu wasn’t sure if he could testify against his former tutor.


His parents got a lawyer for him and settled everything concerning the paper work. It seemed difficult to summon Jaehwa to court because he was an American citizen. Sunggyu didn’t understand all the complicated law stuff, but it seemed like there were problems with judging an American citizen in a South Korean court under Korean law. He was glad he didn’t have to bother with all those details though. His parents and the lawyer took care of that. To be honest, Sunggyu was a bit thankful for the postponement of the dreadful encounter. He wasn’t eager to meet Jaehwa again.

They also had another problem thanks to Sunggyu’s fainting and Woohyun’s punch, since they had been kicked out of the audition. Jaehwa and his colleague even managed to convince the CEO to ban them from entering the building, so they couldn’t even go in to apologize. The only option they had left was Yonghwa, but how were they supposed to explain Woohyun’s behavior? Sunggyu didn’t want him to know about the incident in his childhood. He didn’t want people to look at him differently. But was there a way to convince Yonghwa without telling him the truth?



Woohyun made him agree to a meeting with his old friend. It was their only chance to clear the misunderstanding with the CEO of Woolim. They could still try other agencies, but the chances of getting in there without help seemed slim. Plus, Woohyun and Sunggyu really wanted to debut under the same agency as Nell. They met up with Yonghwa in his apartment – or more like: mansion. They could only stare in awe when they were standing in front of the composer’s house.

“He really must make a lot of money.” Woohyun commented and the older man nodded.

He pressed the doorbell and Sunggyu was relieved they weren’t greeted with a butler or a maid. Yonghwa gave them a stern look. “You better have a good explanation for punching my boss. I almost got fired because of you, Woohyun.”

Woohyun gave him an apologetic smile and bowed. “I had a reason to act like that. It’s hard to explain, but please give us a chance.”

The composer let out a sigh and led them into his living room. Sunggyu glanced around and admired the wall full of awards. He couldn’t help but feel a little jealous towards the other man. But his thoughts quickly got distracted from the awards, when Woohyun pulled him down on the couch with him. They exchanged a glance and Sunggyu grimaced shortly. He didn’t know how much he wanted Yonghwa to know. The brown-haired man would prefer Yonghwa to know nothing at all.

“So? What’s your justification for flipping out?”

The black-haired man grabbed Sunggyu’s left hand and intertwined their fingers. Sunggyu felt thankful for the small gesture. “I recognized his name because Sunggyu mentioned it to me once.”

Yonghwa frowned. “There could be a bunch of guys with that name, but who is that ‘Im Jaehwa’ you hate so much? How does Sunggyu know him?”

“He was my tutor in high school.” Sunggyu answered the question before his lover could do so. Woohyun gave him a worried glance but the older man kept his eyes on Yongwha’s. He’d need the courage to speak about it if they went to court. They wouldn’t allow him to let others talk for him. “He’s the reason I lost my voice once…and almost twice.”

“A-Are you sure?” He could hear the dismay in Yonghwa’s voice.

“It’s hard to forget the face of the monster you’ve seen so often in your nightmares. I saw him in the restroom on the day of the audition.”

The composer went silent as he averted his gaze to the ground, deep in thought about the things he had just heard. Woohyun used the time to give Sunggyu a peck on the cheek. He gave his fiancé a small smile.

“Can I ask what happened back then?”

The brown-haired man looked down and Woohyun squeezed his hand. “It’s hard for him to talk about it, but we are going to bring Jaehwa to court for what he has done in the past, no matter what Woolim decides concerning our audition. But well…we wanted to clear the misunderstanding.”

Yonghwa rubbed the back of his neck. “I believe you, I do, even without knowing the exact reason, but…I doubt it’s enough to convince the boss. He hasn’t known Sunggyu for years unlike me and you can’t just go and tell him that one of our partners from the company overseas is…well, whatever he really is, a criminal of some sorts.”

“But-“ Woohyun started, but the composer cut him off. “Don’t misunderstand me. If he really did something awful to Sunggyu, then I want him out of this as much as you. I wouldn’t want to work with a criminal, but right now, no one would believe you. But you are going to bring this to court, right? If you prove his crimes, he’ll get fired immediately and you will have a legit excuse for your actions. I don’t think I can help you much before that happens.”

Sunggyu nodded absent-mindedly. What if they weren’t able to prove it? His therapist had told him that it could be difficult to prove the after such a long time and he had no witness but himself. Who would the judge believe? Some jobless bum or a successful worker from an overseas company? He sighed and Woohyun gave his hand another squeeze. His eyes seemed to tell him that everything was going to be alright and Sunggyu could only hope that was true.

“Sorry that we bothered you, Yonghwa.” The brown-haired man said and stood up.

His old friend looked up with wide eyes and left his seat as well. “Gy- Sunggyu, I really do want to help you. I believe you, but I can’t do anything against Jaehwa right now. But I’ll try to look into things, okay? Maybe he has some dirt on him that we can use against him.”

“Don’t worry. I’m not…mad.” Sunggyu gave him a short smile. “Thank you for everything.”

“It would be nice if you could check things from your side.” Woohyun agreed and stood up as well.

Sunggyu suddenly remembered something from the restroom. “You know…I heard him talk with his friend when I was hiding in the toilet stall and they were talking about buying Woolim Entertainment I think. They talked in English though, so it was a bit hard to understand.”

Yonghwa nodded. “Okay, I’ll look into it. I’m sorry I can’t do more for you. But call me if you need for anything else and good luck in court.”

Woohyun and the composer shook hands and Sunggyu shared an awkward hug with Yonghwa – to his boyfriend’s dismay. The brown-haired man wasn’t sure if they could count this as a success. They still didn’t know if they would be able to audition again and he started to have new doubts about suing Jaehwa. What if they didn’t succeed?

The black-haired man pulled him in his arms once they were outside and alone. “Stop thinking, Gyu. You’re brooding too much again. He won’t get away with it.”

“How can you be so sure?” He mumbled against Woohyun’s neck.

He felt the younger man’s fingers softly his hair. “Everything is going to be alright.”

Sunggyu sighed quietly. That’s not an answer, Namu. Woohyun hugged him a little tighter. “It will be alright.”



The day of the trial came faster than Sunggyu wanted. He had talked a lot with his therapist and his lawyer – with either Woohyun or his parents by his side – to prepare for the crucial day, but he still felt and unprepared when they walked towards the court building. It was big and looked pretty intimidating to Sunggyu. He wanted nothing more than to turn around and give up, but Woohyun’s grip on his hand was firm and on his other side were his parents. Even Dongwoo and Hoya had made time in their schedules to support him today and the brown-haired man didn’t know how to thank all of them. But despite the army of supporters, he was shivering in fear when he thought about meeting Jaehwa face to face again. Would he still recognize Sunggyu? Was he regretting what he had done? Thinking about Woohyun’s words though, Sunggyu doubted that the older man regretted anything.

He stopped walking when they reached the stairs. “Are you okay, Gyu? Do you need another pill?”

Woohyun looked at him with a worried expression, but the older man shook his head. “I already took one. I doubt I can testify when I’m full with drugs.”

He tried to smile, but it didn’t quite work. Sunggyu’s mother rubbed his back softly. “Are you having a panic attack?”

The brown-haired man let out a shaky breath. “I’m fine, eomma. I just need a moment.”

Woohyun suddenly started kissing his knuckles and Sunggyu felt his heart flutter at the warm gesture. “Take your time. We won’t leave your side today, don’t worry.”

He gave him a better smile this time. “Okay, let’s go.”



They met with their lawyer once more before entering the court. He told them that Jaehwa was already there and apparently his company had given him an expensive and renowned lawyer, who was known for using everything to win in a trial – even dirty methods. Sunggyu only got more discouraged by the news, especially since they didn’t have any clear proof in their hands. They had different witnesses like the doctor that had examined Sunggyu back then, but there was no scientific proof. That’s why they had to work with a jury today, though the brown-haired man wasn’t too hyper about more people knowing about his dark secret, but it was their only chance to win this case. They had to win over their sympathy.



When they were done discussing the final touches, they left the room again, but Woohyun held him back before he could actually go out. The black-haired man closed the door behind them and Sunggyu gave him a questioning look. “What’s wro-“

The younger man suddenly leaned forward and pressed their lips together. The kiss was slow and innocent, but Sunggyu could feel everything Woohyun wanted to say. His back hit the door and Woohyun’s hand cupped his face. He tilted his head a bit to change the angle and his lover’s tongue asked for entrance gently. Sunggyu put his arms around the black-haired man’s neck and granted him his wish. Their lips melted together in a hungrier and almost desperate kiss. He wanted to stay like this forever, in Woohyun’s safe and warm embrace, but a knock on the door snapped them out of their little world.

Woohyun kissed his lips once more before he gave Sunggyu a cheeky smile. “I thought you could use a little encouragement.”

He rolled his eyes, but a smile formed on his lips against his will. “I feel like you’ve said this before.”

And again I feel like you were the one in desperate need for some encouragement. Sunggyu gave him a peck on the cheek. “Thanks, Namu.”

“Don’t let that get to you, understood? Just stare at me for the whole trial, beautiful.” Woohyun grinned and the older man silently thanked the heavens for sending him that overly positive ball of grease.

There was another knock on the door and an impatient “We have to go!” from his mother. No turning back now. He exchanged another look with Woohyun before they left the room as well. They walked over to the court room together and Sunggyu his lips anxiously. Jaehwa was right behind those doors. Sunggyu had sworn himself he wouldn’t cry or give in today, but his resolve got weaker with every step. The only anchor keeping him from running was Woohyun by his side.

The lawyer opened the door and walked in first. Sunggyu decided to keep his gaze locked to the ground, while they walked inside. His family and friends sat down on the benches at the sides, while Woohyun accompanied him to the desk where his lawyer was sitting. His lover sat down on his right side, so that Sunggyu was sitting in the middle, and intertwined their fingers once more under the table. Woohyun let out a quiet growl next to him. “Stop staring you bastard.”

The brown-haired man could feel Jaehwa’s gaze on him without looking up. The stare filled his heart with fear and worry. He was afraid to meet his gaze, despite promising himself earlier that he wouldn’t show any weaknesses. A loud knocking ripped him from his thoughts, when the judge hit the wood with his hammer. “We are starting the trial of Kim Sunggyu against Im Jaehwa now. File number KQZ9437. Mr. Im Jaehwa is being accused of child molestation and a minor seven years ago.”

“My client denies all charges. He is an innocent man, Your Honor.” Sunggyu made a mistake to look over to the other side when the opposite lawyer spoke up.

His eyes met with Jaehwa’s and the brown-haired man felt like his heart stopped beating. He couldn’t turn his gaze away. His old tutor seemed calm and didn’t let any feeling show on his face, but Sunggyu still felt dirty under his gaze. He felt like Jaehwa was looking right through his clothes, like he was touching his skin once again, his fingers roaming around places Sunggyu only wanted Woohyun to touch. His hot breath touching his neck, the belt bruising

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter