Towards The Goal

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO IT'S NOT AN APRIL FOOLS.

Who ? I . Forgive me, chopsticks, for updating so late. I had my accounting exam (the second try after failing last semester) on Friday (and if you care, it was horrible okay. I probably failed it again and I got pretty upset and sad about it), so I was missing time and motivation + spending some time just writing other stuff (like in roleplays haha). It helped me get back out of the depressed period I think =3=

What kept me partly busy was Façade if you want to give it a try, go ahead. It's more angsty woogyu. Yay me.

(updating on the same day as Collide and Eogiydiya...who do I think I am LOL)

So here is the next chapter. I'll stop ranting here, see you below!

 


[Sunggyu centric]


The couple spent some days alone, just recovering from the stress and also doing less relaxing stuff that Sunggyu couldn’t think about without getting red ears. He had gotten used to being that close with Woohyun, but it was still an embarrassing topic for him. Sometimes he got sudden rushes of courage when they did it, but Sunggyu wasn’t sure where exactly they came from. Just remembering the things he said to Woohyun sometimes got his cheeks flaming red. The younger liked to about it later, but he always stopped when Sunggyu seemed annoyed by it.

They met up with their friends and family a few days after the trial. The celebrations were not in the sushi restaurant this time – everyone admitted they had kind of eaten too much sushi lately. His parents invited them all to a rather expensive local where they got their own room. It was probably good that the party was in a private room since Dongwoo and Sungyeol were louder than 20 elementary school kids at once.

Everyone sat down at the big table and the loud talking died down for a while when the food was served. They ate in – almost – silence; occasionally sharing how good the meat tasted or what could be in the soup. Myungsoo cleared his throat when he was done.

“Sungyeol and me, we want to become actors.” He declared and everyone looked at him. “There is an acting school in Seoul and we want to try entering it.”

The choding nodded next to him, a rare, serious expression on his face. “We are already in the theater club anyways and they said we have talent.”

Sunggyu suddenly remembered how Woohyun had told him about several incidents of Sungyeol tricking him with his acting skills. It didn’t seem too far off for the boy to become an actor. He had the looks as far as the brown-haired man could tell. Myungsoo was definitely handsome as well, but Sunggyu had never seen him acting – or perhaps he did but never noticed it.

Sungyeol’s parents didn’t seem to have anything against the idea. As expected of parents that left their son alone to live in another country. Mrs. Lee just clapped her hands with a cheerful laugh. “That’s great, boys, but don’t you dare neglect your studies!”

Woohyun didn’t seem too happy next to him. Sunggyu could see that he was thinking hard in his mind. “Do you know how expensive schools like that are?” Woohyun gave him a stern look.

Myungsoo huffed. “I’m not saying you have to pay for it! We will manage, okay?”

“How? You can’t let Sungyeol’s parents pay for everything!”

“I wasn’t planning on that!”

Sunggyu nudged his boyfriend. “Don’t argue with your brother, Namu.”

He knew Woohyun only wanted the best for his younger brother and he wanted to do it without relying on other people too much, but he didn’t want them to argue over this. The black-haired man surely wanted to support Myungsoo in his dream, but it was typical of him to worry about the money first. Sunggyu had no doubt Woohyun would willingly give away all of his assets to assure his brother will be able to fulfill his dreams.

“That’s right, wuss. Just sell enough albums and then you won’t have to wonder about money!” Howon commented with a sly grin. “Or do you have no confidence?”

Woohyun snorted. “Hyung and I will sell a lot! Thank you for worrying!”

Sunggyu shot his best friend a thankful look. Dongwoo gave them a hyper smile. “Will you write our names into the ‘Thank you’ section?”

Sungyeol nodded eagerly. “Me too! Me too!”

“No! None of you!” Woohyun cleared his throat. “Except for Sunggyu-hyung’s parents!”

The dinosaur gasped. “No fair! If it wasn’t for my great management skills in the past, Sunggyu’s band would have never made it big!”

The brown-haired man smiled. “Why don’t you wait with talk like that until we’ve signed the contract?”

His mother leaned over to pat his hand. “Of course they will accept you, baby!”

“Or your mother will go there and beat them up!” His father joked and she elbowed him.

“Yeobo!”

The group of friends laughed and Sunggyu gave Myungsoo a smile. “It’s great that you two have found your dream. Woohyun could write the OST for your dramas later.”

“Good idea!” Dongwoo chirped. “Hoya and I could make choreographies for your songs!”

“We will not dance!” Sunggyu retorted. “I hope…”

“B-But what can we do then?” The blonde-haired man asked with a disappointed tone.

“It’s enough if you support us, Dongwoo.”

The dinosaur cheered up again suddenly and jumped up from his chair in excitement. “I’m going to create your fanclub and be the president! Hobear can be the vice-president! We’ll be your biggest fans!”

“No thanks.” His boyfriend replied with a dry expression.

“You don’t have to-“ He tried to calm the other down, but Dongwoo didn’t listen. Instead he was already making up plans for fanprojects and merchandise and all kind of other stuffs.

Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun for help but the younger man simply shrugged and gave him a smile. He could see that Woohyun enjoyed the celebrations, despite the little arguments and Dongwoo’s loud blabbering. The cheerful atmosphere was all they needed to forget the trial and the support of their friends and family members was enough to motivate them for the audition. They would pass it without fail this time.

The rest of the evening passed just like that. They ate, drank and at the end of the evening the couple got convinced to sing a song together. In return, Dongwoo and Howon had to dance. Sunggyu’s parents commented on how they should just make a group together and become one of those idol groups, but they all had other plans. Woohyun and Sunggyu weren’t exactly planning on making the regular idol music – not to mention both of them were not exactly very good dancers – and Dongwoo had his dancing school.

Everyone raised their glasses after a bit more talking and they made a toast on the successful trial. Woohyun elbowed him and leaned closer to his ear. “You should do the speech.”

Sunggyu gulped. “M-Me?”

The younger man smiled and gave him a little smack on the . “Who else? It’s mainly your party.”

He pouted. “It’s ours.”

“Go, babe.” Woohyun gave him a peck on the cheek and the others laughed, which caused his cheeks to grow warm.

Howon looked at him. “Get going. I want to empty this glass already.”

He narrowed his eyes at the younger, but he knew his friend meant well. Howon just had a weird way of encouraging people. Sunggyu stood up with a sigh and raises his glass. He turned it in his fingers nervously and glanced over their faces. “Well…I thank you all for coming.”

“Say a bit more, hyung!” Dongwoo urges him.

Sunggyu whines quietly. “I don’t have much to say. I already said thank you about a million times. I don’t know where I would be today without everyone - probably in my room, simply reading a book. There are no words to express how thankful I am or how good it feels to finally fulfill my dream. I know I was rude to my parents sometimes or to you, Dongwoo, but you never gave up and kept bothering me. I wouldn’t have met Woohyun without your help and without him we would surely not be here today. You have no fault at what happened to me, so please don’t blame yourself.”

Woohyun stood up next to him and the others followed. The two men interlaced their fingers and Woohyun kisses his lips shortly. “To a better future and to justice.”



No one mentioned Jaehwa or the incident that night. The reporters had been kept at bay too. They had only released articles about the embezzlement and some newspaper picked up the topic of people with a similar problem to Sunggyu’s. But no names or pictures were leaked, which definitely eased his worries. They were lucky to have a company like Woolim behind them.

The celebrations ended very late. Mrs. Lee picked up Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Sunggyu could observe her driving skills for the first time – from a safe distance. He could only hope they would make it home alive. The rest of them headed home in teams of two. Everyone wished them all the best for the upcoming audition and Sunggyu thought his voice might start to get hoarse from all the times he had to say ‘thank you’ that night. Woohyun and he walked home hand in hand, simply enjoying the cool breeze and each other’s presence.

“Do you think we will have to hide our relationship?” Sunggyu asked suddenly.

He was worried the open walks hand in hand might come to an end when they debut. People accepted homoual relationships nowadays, at least most of them did, but there were still a lot of traditional Korean people who disliked the idea. It was hard for them to suddenly accept gay couples. Sunggyu was scared their company might make them hide their relationship – or even break up – so they wouldn’t lose any sales.

Woohyun laughed. “I talked with Yonghwa and he said Jungyeop-ssi has no problems with our relationship. And we’ll just make it part of our contract that we can date openly. I don’t care what people think.”

The younger man stopped walking and pulled Sunggyu in his arms. He smiled and hugged Woohyun back. “I won’t be able to hide my love for you anyways and I need to show everyone that you’re already taken.  I want to kiss hug and hold you wherever and whenever.”

Sunggyu laughed happily. He wasn’t sure if he wanted Woohyun to do embarrassing stuff with him in front of the fans, but he felt better knowing that they won’t have to hide.

“Talking about showing that you are already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter