Promising Forever

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yay me for updating a little faster :D This is the second last chapter by the way. Meaning there will be only one more after this (and the extras, but I don't know when I will write them >w<)

Hello new subscribers and all <3 make it 999 subs before it's done? haha

Warning of extreme cheesiness and fluff ahead XD read at your own risk!!!

 

 

 

[Woohyun centric]


Of course Dongwoo agreed to plan their wedding. Woohyun hadn’t expected anything less than a ‘yes’ from him. The rapper was more than eager to organize it, though he was sad that they couldn’t have a double wedding. Howon hadn’t changed his opinion no matter how many times the dinosaur asked him. Woohyun understood him somehow. He didn’t want to share his wedding day with another pair either. It would be Sunggyu’s and his grand day. Weddings were something really expensive, but the couple got support from Mr. and Mrs. Kim, since they – quoted from Mrs. Kim – “would do anything in their power to ensure that their baby’s wedding would be a memorable day without anything missing; even if they have to force Woohyun to accept their money”. Woohyun gave up trying to pay the wedding with his money. It was too much and Sunggyu’s parents had explained to him that no parents would just sit by when their child married. It was an important part in their lives too and they wouldn’t settle for anything but perfect. He found it touching to experience parental love like that. Sunggyu’s family was now his own and although he didn’t have any parents to invite to his wedding, Mr. and Mrs. Kim supported him like their own son, so he didn’t feel alone.

While Dongwoo and Sunggyu’s parents took care of things like the place, flower decorations, color arrangements and other complicated issues, the two men started their trainee schedule. The contract had been signed a few weeks ago and they were now official trainees at Woolim. Their vocal teacher was a lady called Nana. She was originally from Japan, but spoke fluent Korean and English. Although she was a head smaller than both men, she was a very strict woman and could be quite intimidating, but she was not only scary. Nana could be like a caring mother too. When she noticed that they were exhausted or that their throats were hoarse, she would give them a break and tell them all kind of motherly advises to help their vocal cords. Nana knew a lot about the human voice and Woohyun had already learned a lot from her. Sometimes Sunggyu and he had lessons together, but most of the time they trained separately. It made him a little sad, but it gave Nana the chance to focus on one person during a lesson.

They had other schedules together though. The both of them had to do a fitness test and the trainer gave them a training schedule afterwards. They didn’t have to do a strict diet, but the coach told them which kind of food was healthier and which parts of their bodies they had to work on. Woohyun was of course a little fitter than Sunggyu, but the older man was leaner compared to him.

When they didn’t have a schedule, they could stock up their money. Woohyun helped out at the restaurant while Sunggyu did little jobs for his parents or helped with the wedding preparations. Their wedding date was soon set on June 9th. Due to their hectic schedule the past weeks, Sunggyu’s birthday was almost forgotten. They had gotten distracted by a lot of stuff, especially the first audition and the drama around Jaehwa. The end of April came fast and undetected.

Well, almost undetected.

Woohyun surprised Sunggyu in the morning with breakfast in bed and took him out to the COEX Aquarium afterwards. His boyfriend was more than happy to go there again and he found the fishes as mesmerizing as during their first visit. Woohyun felt happy too. Of course the animals were beautiful and interesting, but his biggest joy was seeing Sunggyu smile and act like a child. He had obviously chosen the right place for the birthday date. They even went to see the little turtles they had named in secret. Namu and Gyu still seemed as ‘lively’ as ever. They had grown quite a lot since their last visit, but their behavior was still the same. The highlight of the day was probably when one of the workers told them that ‘Gyu’ was a female turtle. Sunggyu hadn’t found that very funny, but Woohyun couldn’t stop laughing of course. After the aquarium date, the couple had walked home again, where they – Woohyun seriously had no idea about that – were surprised by their family and friends, who had prepared a party for Sunggyu. Myungsoo had let them into the apartment with his spare key. In the end, Sunggyu’s birthday was a huge success.



May passed relatively normal with their trainee schedule and some working hours from time to time. The wedding was getting closer with every day and although someone else did the preparations, Woohyun could feel the stress. They were included in decisions from time to time, for example when it came to decide on a color or flower. Sunggyu’s mother even made them taste a whole variety of cakes on one afternoon to find the right cake for their wedding. His stomach was still feeling bad from all the sugar on that day. But other than little decisions like that, they didn’t know anything about the wedding plan. It was a huge secret for them although they were the ones marrying.

Woohyun worked on his vow every day, but he just never found the right words. His trash bin was full of crumpled papers. He was always unsatisfied with his words because they seemed to lack something. The black-haired man wanted his speech to be perfect. He wouldn’t get another chance. He wondered how Sunggyu got along with his own wedding vow. He hadn’t asked the older man yet and Sunggyu never talked about it. Was he feeling as nervous as Woohyun was? Just the thought of their wedding day was enough to get him running to the toilet – almost.



The day before the wedding, they separated Sunggyu and him. Sunggyu’s mother told him that it was a tradition to let them sleep in different houses on the day before the wedding. Woohyun was not happy at all about it and he couldn’t find any sleep at night. He kept twisting and turning in bed. He missed Sunggyu next to him in bed, his warm presence in his arms and his sweet smell filling his nostrils. Woohyun groaned and pressed his face into Sunggyu’s pillow.

“Gyu...” He whined quietly. It was so hard for him to fall asleep alone in bed, after he had always shared it with Sunggyu for months. I wonder if you’re sleeping. I miss you.

His phone suddenly rang and Woohyun sat up straight immediately. He stretched out his hand and grabbed the ringing device. His eyes lit up when he read the caller ID.

“Gyu.” He spoke as soon as he had answered the call.

There was a quiet laugh on the other side. “Namu. Did I wake you up?”

Woohyun smiled and let his head fall on Sunggyu’s pillow again. “No, you didn’t. I couldn’t sleep. Why are you whispering?”

“Dongwoo is sleeping next to me. I don’t want to wake him up.”

“Sleeping next to you?!” He shouted into the phone and Sunggyu laughed once more.

“Ssh, not so loud. Are you jealous?” There was a short silence. “You know, Dongwoo does look a little cute like this. He’s not even wearing anything underneath the blanket.”

Woohyun jumped up. “What?! That’s it! I’m coming over!”

The older man laughed. “Woohyun! It was a joke!”

He stopped in his tracks, still worried if Dongwoo really wasn’t sleeping . “I’m dying here, Gyu! Don’t joke like that.”

A chuckle on the other end. “Sorry. You know that he has his own boyfriend and I have you. Why would I even look at another man?”

Woohyun sits down again and ruffles his hair. “Maybe you changed your mind…”

“Namu…we are marrying tomorrow. I won’t change my mind. Is that why you couldn’t sleep?” He can hear the worry in Sunggyu’s voice and Woohyun swears he can feel his lover his cheek to reassure him.

There was a short pause before Sunggyu spoke again. “My answer will always be the same. Now go to sleep, Woohyun.”

He smiled as he lay down again on the bed, holding Sunggyu’s pillow close to his chest. “Why did you call me, Gyu? You didn’t call me in the middle of the night for no reason.”

The older man hummed quietly. “I couldn’t sleep either. Someone is lying next to me, but it’s just not you. I miss you…”

Woohyun closed his eyes. “It will be the last time someone separates us. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow, Beautiful.”

“I can’t wait either.” He could hear Sunggyu yawning on the other end of the line. The cute sound made him giggle. “I love you, Woohyun.”

He felt drowsiness getting over him. It was like Sunggyu was right there in his arms, whispering those words into his ear. “I love you. Forever.”
 

 

 

 

 

[Sunggyu centric]


The church they held their marriage at was located outside the city. It was a beautiful place surrounded by fields with a forest in the south. Sunggyu could only stare in awe when he got out of the car. There was no one here but the people they had invited: his parents, Woohyun’s and his friends, Myungsoo, the Lee family, the owner with his wife and Yonghwa was there as well. Otherwise no human was this far in the countryside.  It was a beautiful place and the little white chapel looked like a scared haven in the middle of untouched nature.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and Sunggyu turned his head to his father. The man was wearing a black suit just like him. “Do you like it? Your mother made quite an effort to find this place and reserve you a wedding date here.”

“It’s perfect.” The brown-haired man smiled happily.

His mother stepped closer to him as well and grabbed his hand to give it a slight squeeze. “It was the only date left for this year, not to mention how hard it was to find a priest that supports gay marriage. It didn’t leave us with a lot of time for preparations, but it worked out fine.”

Sunggyu nodded. “Thanks, eomma. Let’s go inside. I think I’m starting to melt under the sunlight.”

It was great that the weather was sunny and warm instead of rainy and cold, but Sunggyu was sweating like crazy in his suit. He didn’t want to reek of sweat while he said his vows. They entered the little chapel. It was way colder inside and Sunggyu let out a relieved sigh. He sat down in the back. Most of the guests were already sitting on the benches in the front and the only persons missing were Woohyun and Howon. By some weird twist of fate – also called by the name of Jang Dongwoo – Hoya had become the best man of Woohyun. Dongwoo was his,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter