The Second Try

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello again guys~ how are you? D; It's been a week again lol
Here's the promised late "Christmas" chapter ^^ I'm going to hide away in a cave after uploading this haha XD I'm embarrassed with myself lol
In the A/N below you will find a poll concerning the future plot of this story xD Don't get frightened lol. Just because some people asked me about it (and apparently no one wants this to end XD)

For now enjoy this piece of crap chapter full of greasy fluff. Be prepared of a sugar overdose. Dubu told me I dropped a bomb, so take cover LOL

See you below <3
 

 

 

[Sunggyu centric]



December came faster than he expected. The past month had been relatively boring. Sunggyu had been going to the evening school to learn for the high school exam. The lessons were quite exhausting, but Sunggyu did his best not to fall behind. Woohyun had even started calling him a nerd because he would study even when classes were already over, but the brown-haired man knew that he wouldn’t pass the exam by doing nothing. It was hard to learn everything in a few months that students learnt in three years and the things from middle school were blurry in his mind. Woohyun was not much help, but his brother and Sungyeol could help him with his homework sometimes. It was a little embarrassing to ask for their help, but definitely better than failing the exam later. He felt like a true student when there was nothing to look forward to but the holidays around Christmas.




Early in December, the re-opening of the sushi restaurant was celebrated with a small get-together of family and friends. To be honest, Sunggyu had totally forgotten about the party, but of course Woohyun never forgot since they were going to celebrate his recovery as well. The brown-haired man didn’t want any celebrations for himself, but he knew that the rest of his family and friends wanted to do it, so he just resigned and decided to enjoy the party.

Fitting for the place, the quiet, calming music played in the background instead of loud party music. Sunggyu smiled when they entered the restaurant because he had seriously missed it. Not only because of the food of course, but also because of the owner and the atmosphere here. Woohyun seemed happy too, as he could do his favorite work again instead of sitting between women all day.

“I’ve missed coming here!” Woohyun announced loud enough for the owner to hear, who was busy making something behind the counter.

The older man looked up with a wide smile and rushed over to them. “Hey, hey, old man, not so fast! You are not the youngest anymore!”

“Just because I had to go to the hospital for this stupid operation, doesn’t mean I’m a senile cripple, Nam Woohyun! I’ll let you do only dishes for a month if you call me old again! Now, where is my favorite boy?” The owner walked over to Sunggyu and gave the taller man a long hug.

Sunggyu chuckled and returned the gesture. If he remembered correctly, it could be the first time he had hugged the elder, but it didn’t make him flinch or anything. It felt warm and nice. He was glad that the owner had survived his operation. “Congratulations on opening the restaurant again, Jinho-ssi.”

“Thank you, Sunggyu-yah. Your voice makes the place a lot brighter immediately.” Jinho took a step back and smiled proudly.

“Hey, I’m the only one who can say things like that!” Woohyun pouted, but then he smiled triumphantly. “You should hear him sing! The sound makes even angels faint!”

The brown-haired man hit him against the shoulder, but the owner only laughed. “I’ve heard it live on plenty of occasions, dear Woohyun, though I never saw anyone fainting except for some middle school girls.”

His boyfriend gave Sunggyu a shocked look. He shrugged. “We’ve known each other since middle school. I thought I told you that already.”

Woohyun turned away with a pout. “Tsk…”

He hugged the younger man from behind and put his chin on Woohyun’s shoulder. “Don’t sulk. We are here to celebrate, aren’t we? Besides, n-next time…I-I…god, this is so embarrassing….next time I will…sing only for you. But I don’t know when. I hope you can wait- I mean-”

Sunggyu wanted to scream in embarrassment. Why did I stutter! Aish, being greasy is Woohyun’s job... The other man turned around in his arms and smiled widely. He leaned closer until their foreheads touched. “It’s a promise, Gyu. I’ll be waiting.”

“Hey PDA-couple, could you separate for a moment and make space for other people to enter?” A voice complained behind them.

“Myungie, don’t be so grumpy!”

They turned their heads and saw Myungsoo and Sungyeol behind them. “I have all right to be grumpy! Your mother drives like a terrorist. I thought she was planning to get us killed.”

Sunggyu noticed the abnormally quiet Woohyun pale next to him. He wondered what was wrong. Did Mrs. Lee really drive that badly? He only knew Dongwoo’s crazy driving style when he was in a rush.

“Don’t be like that! It was so much fun!”

“That’s it. You never get a driving license, understood?”

The owner laughed again. “What a lively atmosphere, much better than that depressing hospital. But why don’t you guys sit down? You’re letting all the cold air inside.”

Sunggyu nodded and the couples went over to the laid table. Woohyun sat down next to him of course, but the other side was still free for his parents. Myungsoo and Sungyeol chose seats on the other side of the table. Soon almost all of the chairs were occupied with only one seat still empty, which was reserved for the owner. Everyone was chatting loudly, especially Sungyeol and Dongwoo since they were sitting next to each other.

Woohyun stood up suddenly. “I’ll go over and help him.”

The brown-haired man stood up too. “Me too.”

They walked over to the counter and Woohyun chuckled. “You are escaping too?”

He smiled. “Yeah, I’ve lost track of Dongwoo and Sungyeol’s conversation. I wonder how my father manages to keep up with them.”

“Did you see Myungsoo and Howon’s expressions? They looked like they were about to leave this world. I’m happy we are not like that.”

They laughed quietly and then helped the owner with the carrying the dishes. When everything was served, they all sat down again. Sunggyu his lips hungrily when he saw the sushi he loved the most in front of him. But no one dared to eat anything, since the owner had yet to open the buffet. His wife poured everyone a bit of sake into a glass, well, almost everyone since the boys were not allowed to drink yet. Sunggyu agreed to drink a small portion to celebrate Jinho’s recovery.

The owner raised his glass and everyone did the same. Myungsoo and Sungyeol had apple juice in their glasses. “I’m not a man of long and boring speeches, so a toast to no more hospital food, because it was really bad, and of course to two very special people at this table, who are like sons to me. I’m proud of both of you and I wish you all the best from now on. かんぱい!”

“かんぱい!” Everyone shouted and Sunggyu gave the owner a thankful smile.

The sake was not exactly Sunggyu’s taste, but he managed not to cough when he drank it. It was bitter and pretty strong, but Sunggyu didn’t show his distaste. At last, they could start eating the delicious food in front of them. The brown-haired man immediately went for the sushi and put some of it on his plate. A sip from the miso soup helped him erase the taste of sake from his tongue.

“The soup tastes wonderful.” Mrs. Kim commented next to him. “You haven’t lost your touch.”

The owner smiled. “Thank you. Some weeks in the hospital are not enough to make me forget about years of training.”

They continued eating quietly, everyone’s mouths busy with chewing the delicious food. Sunggyu had missed his favorite restaurant so much, but the best was probably just being together with all of his friends and his family without anything to worry about. Sunggyu looked to the side and saw Woohyun handing him a fried shrimp with his chopsticks. He smiled because it reminded him of the time when he couldn’t use his hands. Although the memory was tied to something unpleasant, Sunggyu only saw the good part of it. He accepted the offered shrimp shyly.

Dongwoo giggled when he saw the scene. “Hobear! Do it too! Do it!”

The younger man groaned. “You have two hands to feed yourself, Woo.”

“Hobear~ please!” The dinosaur looked at him with quivering lips.

Sunggyu chuckled when his friend gave in and picked up two big pieces of sushi at once for Dongwoo. He moved it towards his boyfriend’s lips. “There you go. Open up.”

The other man pouted slightly. “I can’t put all of that into my mouth at once!”

Howon pushed it against his plump lips. “What are you saying? I want to get this embarrassing behind me! I’ve already shoved much bigger things down your throat, so don’t whine about it!”

Next to him Woohyun choked on his drink and Sunggyu hastily kicked Howon’s shin under the table. The brown-haired man glared at his best friends. Dongwoo smiled sheepishly. “Actually, it’s not that much bigger.”

“W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter