Meeting The Demon

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's me again! That person who said she would update faster if she got a lot of comments - haha. I could lie and say I wasn't satisfied with the amount, but in reality I was just extremely busy searching through old Sunggyu blogs for secret pictures and gifs! <3 (Sorry twitter timeline for the spam haha! If you want to follow me people, here's a friendly reminder: @ramengyu - but beware, cause I spam a lot lol)
So here is the next chapter. It's still sort of cliffhangerish, since I couldn't finish the whole Jaehwa thing in one go XD but I think you will love me a bit more again ;;

See you below!
 

 

[Woohyun centric]

He heard Yonghwa call his name as he ran down the corridor. If there was anything more important than the audition, it was Sunggyu and he wouldn’t attend the audition without him. He was scared something might have happened to the older man, because he didn’t answer him on the phone. Woohyun dashed around the corner and bumped right into someone. The other person fell to the ground and Woohyun quickly apologized.

“I’m sorry! I was in a hurry…” He reached out a hand to help the other man up.

The stranger accepted his help and gave him a short smile. “I noticed that, but you should be more careful next time.”

The other guy, who looked like foreigner, gave Woohyun a glare. “Watch where you are going, country pumpkin.”

The black-haired man blinked at the foreigner in confusion. Ugh…please tell me he’s not the foreigner who will be sitting in the audition. What’s with my luck? What did he even say? “Excuse me?”

The Korean-looking guy waved his hand. “Don’t mind my friend here. But we have to hurry too, so we’ll leave now. Goodbye.”

Woohyun nodded hastily and the Korean guy gave him a wink when he walked past him. The foreigner only scoffed at him and Woohyun quickly shook his head before he continued his way to the restroom. He slammed the door open. “Sunggyu-hyung?”

No answer came and Woohyun frowned. He looked at the phone in his hand and dialed Sunggyu’s number once more. A moment later he could hear the familiar ringtone resounding in the restroom. “Are you in one of the stalls?”

He glanced through the gaps on the ground to find the stall Sunggyu was hiding in. He wondered why the older man was hiding now. Was he that nervous? “Gyu-hyung? We have to hurry. I’m nervous too, you know.”

Woohyun stopped when he found one of the toilet stalls preoccupied. Through the gap he could see the dark blue of Sunggyu’s jeans. “Gyu? Why are you sitting on the floor? It’s cold and dirty.”

No answer came again and the younger man bit his lower lip in worry. He knocked against the door. “Hyung, you are scaring me. Please say something.”

Woohyun stood up and tried to pry the door open, but since Sunggyu’s body was leaning against it, it was quite difficult to do. He didn’t want to hurt the other by pushing too forcefully. It seemed like the brown-haired man was not conscious, since he didn’t move an inch no matter what Woohyun did or said. He had to open the door alone somehow.

It took him quite some time to manage a gap big enough for his body to slip through, because he had to be careful not to squeeze Sunggyu’s body against the wall too hard. Woohyun quickly crouched down when he was inside the stall and checked on the other male. He shook Sunggyu slightly. “Hyung, what’s wrong? Please wake up.”

He grew worried because the brown-haired man showed no sign of waking up and Woohyun saw traces of tears on his cheeks. It looked like Sunggyu had had a panic attack. He felt himself tearing up. “Gyu, what happened to you?”

Woohyun looked at the unconscious Sunggyu and traced his cheek softly. His phone vibrated and he checked the message with trembling fingers.

Woohyun, where are you guys?
I can’t cover for you any longer.
- Yonghwa

He let out a shaky breath.

Sunggyu-hyung fainted in the restroom.
I can’t leave him here and he’s not waking
up. I should get him to the hospital first.
- Woohyun

He fainted?! His health is more important.
Go to the hospital. I will try to talk with
the CEO about you guys. Message me
when you have any news on Sunggyu.
- Yonghwa

Woohyun called an ambulance immediately and lifted Sunggyu off the cold ground. He carried him out of the restroom and then carefully towards the exit. The corridor, where they had stood before, was now empty. The black-haired man could hear singing from inside the room, but he kept walking nevertheless. Sunggyu was his highest priority.

The ambulance arrived shortly after he had left the building and the car drove them to the next hospital. The paramedics asked him all kinds of questions, but Woohyun couldn’t tell them much except for Sunggyu’s medical history. They deducted the same as him – a panic attack that had caused him to lose consciousness because of oxygen loss. They attached a mask to Sunggyu’s face so that he would get the oxygen he needed, but he didn’t show any signs of waking up yet.

A doctor checked Sunggyu when they arrived in the hospital. While Woohyun was waiting for the doctor to come out of Sunggyu’s room, he paced up and down the floor. He was unsure if he should call Mr. and Mrs. Kim and tell them about the panic attack or if he shouldn’t. Who knows if they wouldn’t suddenly forbid Sunggyu from auditioning again because of his fear. Did he even faint because of nervousness? He had seemed fine to the younger man when they had left their home.

Another message from Yonghwa arrived and Woohyun read it quickly. The composer told him that he managed to keep a spot open for Woohyun at the end of the audition schedule, but they couldn’t postpone it to another day because of the foreign member in the jury. They were against waiting any longer. Yonghwa told him, he could sing alone today and bring Sunggyu with him for the next round, if he was feeling better. Woohyun bit his lower lip. He didn’t want to leave the older man alone before he awoke.

The doctor came out of Sunggyu’s hospital room just then and Woohyun immediately asked him a horde of questions. The old man made him shut up with a quiet stare. “The patient is in good condition. He probably fainted out of stress. Patients with a history of panic attacks usually have relapses from time to time. It could take a while before he wakes up again, but he is alright. You don’t have to worry.”

Woohyun nodded absent-mindedly. He entered the room and sat down on the chair next to Sunggyu’s bed. “Hyung…what should I do? I don’t want to leave you alone, but going there could bring us to the next round. I really want us to debut…”

He looked at the clock and back to Sunggyu. With a sigh, he fished out his phone again and called Sunggyu’s parents. He didn’t want to get accused for lying to them again and someone would have to be here when the brown-haired man woke up. “Woohyun-ah? What’s wrong? Is the audition already over?”

“Mrs-I mean Eomma-nim, no, the audition isn’t over yet. Actually, I’m at the hospital.”

“What? Did something happen to Sunggyu?”

He flinched at her voice. “Could you come here? I’ll explain it to you when you arrive.”

She agreed of course and Woohyun waited with a heavy heart. He looked at the sleeping Sunggyu. “You won’t be mad at me for telling your mother, right?”



It didn’t take long until Mrs. Kim arrived with her husband in tow. She looked pale and Woohyun could see the panic in her eyes when she saw her son in the hospital bed again. He could see the tears b in her eyes. “I thought I wouldn’t have to see that again.”

Woohyun bowed to her. “I’m sorry, eommanim. He was totally fine before! We were even joking around just before he went to the restroom. He didn’t come back, so I went there to check on him. It seems like he had a panic attack in there. I don’t know what caused it.”

She went over to his bed and caressed her son’s hand. Sunggyu’s father gave him a comforting smile. “It was good that you’ve called us. Thank you, Woohyun.”

Mrs. Kim looked over to him. “What about your audition?”

Woohyun blinked. “I…we didn’t have a chance to sing. I just brought him here as soon as I found him. Sunggyu’s health is more important.”

She nodded slowly. “A wise decision.”

“So it’s over for you?” Sunggyu’s father asked him and the younger man bit his lower lip.

“Actually, Yonghwa said I could still perform after the other contestants – alone. It would be okay if I brought Sunggyu along for the second round. But I don’t know if I should…I mean, I want to be there when he wakes up and-“

Mr. Kim interrupted him. “You should go then.”

“Yeobo!”

“Isn’t it a chance? I don’t think Sunggyu would want you to give up. You two have fought so hard for this. It would be a waste to just let it end like this.” The elder encouraged him. “We’ll keep an eye on him for you.”

Woohyun looked at Mrs. Kim hesitantly and the old woman sighed. “Fine, but I don’t know if debuting is still a good idea. We will wait with this discussion until he wakes up. Go, Woohyun. I think he would be happier to hear that you’ve passed instead of hearing that you have failed it.”

“Okay…thank you.” He smiled gratefully and Sunggyu’s parents returned the gesture.

“Now go! If you fail, we will kick your for leaving.” Mr. Kim threatened playfully.

Woohyun leaned over Sunggyu and gave him a short goodbye kiss. “I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter