The Audition

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So! I'm back from my exam hiatus! Though I had updated my One-Shot Collection from time to time! But I was waiting for my exams to be over before I restart writing HV! My exams went...relatively well I guess. I haven't failed anything yet, though I'm not particurlary proud of my grades until now XD (I blame Infinite and Sunggyu for all of it!)
It's been a while, hasn't it? :D I hope some readers are still here haha <3?

Thanks to the new subscribers and upvotes! :3

See you below~
 

 

 

[Sunggyu centric]
 

The preparations for the audition were hellish for Sunggyu. Woohyun had received a burst of energy from his confession and the only quiet times Sunggyu had were when the other was working. He knew that they – or rather he – would not pass the audition by doing a half-assed job. Thousands of people wanted to be singers. If they wanted to win, they’d have to be special and show them that they are worth investing money in. Sunggyu knew from past researches that most people audition at a young age, so he was quiet worried what the judges would think about their ages – but it’s not like they wanted to enter a teenage boygroup. Woohyun wanted them to work together as a team, just playing the music they liked and singing songs that the younger male wrote - Sunggyu wanted the same. Maybe it would be hard for them with their own music, but what use was it to hide the color of your music just to fit the taste of the masses? They didn’t need any awards as long as they could do what they loved – together.

But nevertheless, Sunggyu had to practice dancing with Woohyun and pretty often the black-haired male dragged him out for jogging early in the morning. The older male was not especially happy about the fitness program Woohyun put him through, though the other insisted that they didn’t do it because Sunggyu was fat but because they needed to make their bodies strong  - Woohyun was already strong enough in his eyes, but the brown-haired man knew he himself could use some muscles very well. And to be honest, Sunggyu did feel proud to see his body in a fit form in the mirror, not skins and bones or fat. While his lover was never tired of telling him that he would even love Sunggyu if he were as big as a whale, Sunggyu himself was pretty sure that they are fans would mind – if they ever got some.

With every day that the audition came closer, his worries increased. Sunggyu was worried if they were prepared enough. Maybe he would forget the lyrics or what if his voice cracked in the middle of a performance? He had been practicing with Woohyun a lot, but he still felt a bit lacking compared to the younger male. Sunggyu tried to fight his worries with practicing even harder, though that didn’t help erasing the feeling of anxiousness in his gut. What if I can’t handle singing in front of people later? But I could do it in the past and now I have Woohyun by my side. He believes in me.



Soon, there were only a few days left until the audition. They had just finished going through their two songs for the audition, one was Woohyun’s “Beautiful” and the other was a song from Woolim’s famous band Nell. It would surely throw a good light on them if they sang a song from one of their artists to make clear why they wanted to join this agency and no other. The thought of being in the same label as the first band he had listened to after his exile from music, made Sunggyu really excited. Woohyun was no better truthfully, but today he was a little grumpy. He had messed up on the second song a few times and the older man could see how much it was eating him inside. Sunggyu hadn’t been perfect either, but it was the first time his boyfriend had done so “bad”.

“It will be okay, Namu.” He tried to encourage Woohyun.

The younger man kept his gaze on the ground and sighed. “No, this is no good. We are both no good right now.”

Sunggyu gave him a defeated look. “So what? You want to give up, is that it?”

The black-haired man looked up and laughed suddenly. Sunggyu frowned. “Have you lost it now?”

Woohyun stood up and pulled the older man from his seat. “Get your jacket. We are going out for a while.”

He gave him a confused look, but his lover only winked at him and walked over to the wardrobe to get his coat and shoes. Sunggyu shrugged and followed him. They went out after they had put the right clothes on for the still rather cold spring weather outside. Woohyun didn’t say where they were going or why, he just linked their fingers together and dragged the older man with him.

“Where are we going, Woohyun? It’s cold!” He complained weakly.

“My favorite place.” The other answered with a wide grin.

Sunggyu gave him an amused smile. “I thought your favorite place is wherever I am, if I may quote what you told me on Valentines Day.”

The younger man seemed surprised for a moment before he chuckled and stole a quick kiss from Sunggyu’s lips. “You’re right. I guess that makes it my second favorite place.”

“Why have I never been there before? I thought we have no secrets.”

“We went there not too long ago! I thought you knew where we were going since you mentioned our Valentines date, but I guess you’re still clueless.” Woohyun gave him a smug smile.

Sunggyu fought the blush that was threatening to appear on his cheeks. “Namsan Tower? You never said it was a special place…”

“Aish, Gyu!” The black-haired man ruffled his hair with a light laugh and Sunggyu shoved his hand away. “Don’t do that! Now tell me why we are going there again. We’d better not do something embarrassing again!”

“There was nothing embarrassing about our date, Gyu! People were only staring because they were jealous!” Woohyun squeezed his hand and dragged him into the right bus.

“No! They were wondering why there were rose pedals all over the ground, leading right to our table with too many candles on it! And I can’t believe you made Henry play the violin! I wanted to jump off the tower in embarrassment! It looked like a scene from some Italian romance movie, although it was a French restaurant! I couldn’t even enjoy the food because people were staring at us the whole time!” The brown-haired male nagged loudly, but he quickly shut up when he noticed passengers looking over to them.

Woohyun leaned his head on Sunggyu’s shoulder without caring for the other passengers. “I think I remember that differently. I remember you saying ‘Oh Woohyun, this is so romantic!’ when we put a padlock with our names on the fence.”

He was glad that Woohyun couldn’t see his red face right now. “That was after my third glass of that stupid red wine! You know my alcohol tolerance is really low!”

“But I’m sure you were pretty sober by the time we had reached home and I remember you shouting ‘I love you so much! Today was the best!’ while you were riding-“ The brown-haired man blushed.

“Stop it right there!” Sunggyu smacked his head and the younger male chuckled. “It was okay!”

Woohyun moved his head a bit and placed a soft kiss on his jaw. “I love that I can still make you shy. You’re too cute, Gyu.”

His lover closed his eyes again and let out a yawn. Sunggyu puffed his cheeks and looked out of the window. Woohyun pulled their interlaced hands into his lap and the older male smiled. You’re the cute one.



They almost missed their stop because Sunggyu fell asleep too, but lucky for them N Seoul Tower was the end station of the shuttle bus. He gave Woohyun a questioning glance when they got off the bus. “Shouldn’t we be at home practicing instead of being here?”

The younger male pulled him along. “No, the way we are now, practice won’t help us. We’re both stressed because the audition is very close and all we are thinking about is that we can’t fail, we have to be perfect, will the judges like our singing, what about the competition we are going to face. We’re starting to forget what’s important.”

Sunggyu followed him silently. He couldn’t say anything against that, though he had never noticed that Woohyun was thinking so hard about it as well. The pressure did feel like too much lately, making it hard to sing because of the suffocating feeling in his chest. “Just trust me, Gyu, okay?”

He smiled and gave Woohyun’s hand a short squeeze. “As long as you’re paying.”

The black-haired man chuckled. “My wallet and heart are all yours.”

They made their way to the roof terrace on the 2nd level where the fence with the padlocks was located. It was pretty empty since it was already getting late and the cold wind chased most of the tourists to the restaurants above their heads where it was warm and comfortable. Sunggyu’s eyes unconsciously tried to find their padlock, but it was almost impossible because the fence was full with padlocks. He wondered why Woohyun wanted to come here of all places. It was special of course, but the park was a special place for Sunggyu too and it was definitely closer.

“It’s refreshing, isn’t it?” Woohyun commented and looked into the distance.

Sunggyu took a moment to admire the way the wind was playing with the younger man’s black hair, before he answered with a snort. “I’d prefer to call it freezing cold instead of refreshing.”

Woohyun laughed and let go of his hand to put his arm around Sunggyu’s shoulder. He pulled the older man closer. “Is this warmer, Your Highness?”

Sunggyu couldn’t help but snuggle closer into the comforting heat. “It’s acceptable but if you just wanted to get fresh air, we could’ve gone somewhere closer.”

“I came for more than fresh air. I thought we both needed to blow off steam! If we keep thinking about winning or failing, we won’t be able to do our best. I want us to have fun during the audition, even if we might fail. I don’t want you to regret making this choice later.”

The brown-haired man hummed quietly in reply. It was comforting how Woohyun always thought along similar lines as him, but instead of Sunggyu he was not just thinking but actually doing something against the problem. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter