Time To Heal

Harmonizing Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wow...it's been like forever. I finally managed to finish the chapter - WOW. Applaus for me please. /bathing in self-boasting. No joke, back to serious: I'm in the middle of a slight depression lol. I guess most of you can guess why. Woolim still hasn't announced ANYTHING concerning what will happen after Paris, so IDK if they are coming to Frankfurt but let's be serious...the concert is 2 days after Paris ;___; it would be a miracle lol? So I'm really sad that maybe I can't see them live after all. I'm dying when I think about that .-. /dramatic background music/
I'll stop here with my emo-moments >.< I had troubles writing because of reasons above and college is keeping me busy at the moment.

Don't expect much from this chapter ;w; the time skip felt so awkward for me, because normally I write everything in detail (you know BtS lol) but this won't be as long as BtS, so I need to jump a bit sometimes!
It's possible that I might put it on Hiatus for a while, but IDK Q_Q I guess it depens on if people will be satisfied with chapter below.
 

 

[Sunggyu centric]

 


While they waited for Sunggyu’s mother to regain consciousness, the three men sat down in the kitchen for a cup of hot chocolate, commonly known as the most comforting hot drink in the world, because everyone could use something comforting after the shock. Woohyun didn’t talk much. Sunggyu guessed that he was probably afraid to say something wrong again, though Mr. Kim had assured the boy that everything was alright. His father seemed pretty calm about the whole marriage proposal, but he had yet to directly comment anything about it. Sunggyu wondered what his father was thinking. What would his mother say? He couldn’t imagine her saying ‘yes’ without a hint of hesitation in her voice.

“So…” Mr. Kim awkwardly started a conversation. It was probably the first time Sunggyu ever saw him short on words. “Are there any other surprising news that you have for us? I wouldn’t want to see my wife faint again after she awakes.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at Woohyun. “No, appa.”

In theory, they could tell them about the story with the owner too, but Sunggyu thought that it wasn’t his place to discuss the health of the other with his parents. They would probably be shocked too, but they weren’t as close with the owner as Sunggyu and his friends.

“I’m sorry.” Woohyun repeated again. “I’ve never done this before, so I guess I was a little overexcited.”

Sunggyu’s father let out a small laugh. “It’s okay, Woohyun. It only shows how important my son is to you, though you could’ve chosen a better timing. Marriage is a big thing. You should think about it properly, both of you.”

He couldn’t stop a blush from appearing on his cheeks at his father’s words. Of course he knew how much Woohyun cared for him, but it was still embarrassing when someone said it out loud. Sunggyu loved him just as much. He remembered Howon’s advice and frowned slightly. Would marriage change so much between us? Isn’t it just exchanging rings and signing somewhere on a paper?

A sound from the direction the living room made them look up. Mrs. Kim came over to the kitchen table while she rubbing her temples. Sunggyu’s father stood up and helped her to a chair. “Yeobo, sit down.”

“Thanks. Coffee please.” She mumbled and her husband hurried to make the drink.

She looked over to Woohyun, who gave her an apologetic smile, and then over to Sunggyu, who only gave her a pleading look. “Baby, I’m happy that you can speak again and I’m really thankful to Woohyun for that, but isn’t it too early?”

“I-I didn’t mean that we would marry immediately!” Woohyun interjected her speech.

Sunggyu’s mother sighed. “But you’re talking about marriage nevertheless. How long have you known each other? Don’t look at me like that Sunggyu. I’m not going to separate you two, I know that you’re happy together, but that’s not enough sometimes. You don’t know anything about marriage. You haven’t even lived together yet. Sometimes you fall head over heels for someone in a few seconds, but there’s always the danger of falling out of love at the same frightening speed. I just want you two to be careful before you make a decision. I do not think that you or Woohyun will simply change your feelings like that, but I have to tell you this nonetheless. Marriage brings a lot of responsibility. You will share more than just your living space. You will share your lives and take responsibility for the other. It’s not something that you can simply run away from when it gets too much. You will be bound together and every decision you’ll make will be made by two minds and not only one.”

I know that. Sunggyu wanted to say, but he didn’t dare to speak. His mother’s words weighed heavy in the air and all of a sudden, he wasn’t so sure anymore if he really knew. He felt her hand on his on the kitchen table and Sunggyu didn’t flinch at the touch. He only looked up and saw that she had also grabbed Woohyun’s hand. She put Woohyun’s hand on his and patted them gently. “I’m not saying that you should never marry. Truthfully, I had always wanted to have grandchildren so it’s quite a shock, but more than anything I want my son to be happy. I’m just saying that you should go a little slower.”

Woohyun suddenly groaned. “I completely ruined the mood, didn’t I?”

“No, it was just a little surprising.” Mr. Kim assured the black-haired man. “We’re still as overjoyed as before, right yeobo?”

She smiled at Woohyun. “Just time it better next time.”

Sunggyu squeezed his hand slightly. That means it’s okay if you try again later. She’s fine with it. Woohyun seemed confused for a moment, but then his face showed obvious relief. His ‘proposal’ had been a fail this time, but at least they now knew that Sunggyu’s parents didn’t have anything against their possible marriage. His mother didn’t have anything against him marrying another man. Sunggyu felt a bit sorry to her, because he wouldn’t be able to give her grandchildren, though she seemed to have accepted that fact.

“We’ll think about it properly.” Woohyun promised.

Sunggyu put his other hand on top of the three hands on the table and grabbed his mother’s hand. He gave her a confident smile. “Thank you, eomma.”

She tore up again at his words and hugged him again. “Anything for you. I love you, my baby.”

He her back. “I love you too.”

“Me too!” Woohyun suddenly joined the hug and Sunggyu blushed when he felt the other man’s chest against his back.

“Y-Yah! Woohyun!”

“Am I taking care of two babies now?” His mother complained with a short laugh.

His father hugged her from behind and Sunggyu thought the chairs might collapse from their combined weight soon. “Let me join!”

“Aigoo, three kids.” Mrs. Kim joked and everyone laughed.

At least almost everyone – Sunggyu was too busy trying not to think about Woohyun’s warm body pressed against his. It’s just an innocent hug. It’s just an innocent hug…

How long are we going to hug for? Eventually, Sunggyu’s heartbeat calmed down and he noticed how good it felt to be this close with his parents again. He had missed touching them without fear. He had missed calling out their names and talking to them. It felt normal to be in their embrace and that was everything Sunggyu had ever wanted to be – normal.

 

 

 

 


The following weeks were quite busy for Sunggyu. His parents had arranged new sessions with his therapist for him. Mrs. Park was overjoyed to hear that his voice had returned and Sunggyu used every possible chance to meet up with her for some exercise. She helped him to gain more confidence in his voice and himself. Mrs. Park tried to fix his fear, because his mind was still afraid that his voice might fail him again in the future. Every time after a session he would go home with a hurting throat, but it was worth the pain.

He still used the sign language out of habit from time to time, but with each day he tried to speak more. His favorite exercise at night was probably calling Woohyun. The younger male always had a lot to tell him from his two ‘children’ – it was a mystery when Mr. and Mrs. Lee would return – at home to his new workplace. The black-haired man had gotten a part-time job at the company of Sunggyu’s mother. Sunggyu always laughed when he imagined the younger between all the women at the magazine. He liked to tease the other about it. Sometimes Woohyun jokingly told him that the new, speaking Sunggyu was mean, but he would always finish his sentence with a “I love you no matter what” and Sunggyu knew that he meant it. He didn’t want to be hated by Woohyun just because his personality changed a bit. He still blushed when Woohyun got too embarrassing in public or when he whispered romantic words to him over the phone. Nonetheless, to Sunggyu their relationship felt more balanced than before. He finally felt like he was becoming someone equal to Woohyun.

They went outside together sometimes instead of only calling each other and sometimes they slept over at the other’s house, though they ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter