Welcome!

Friends with Benefits, More or Less

By the time I reached my shared apartment, I was so beat. After spending the whole night studying for my exam, I ended up hating myself for making the worst choice of elective class, ever. Why I registered for Corruption and Development class is still beyond me. Argh. I don't care. I'm done with that and it's winter break now, so nothing could come between me and my long lost sleep.

 

I called out for D.O. to see if he's home. No answer. Hmm, where could he be. I then walked to the kitchen to grab something to drink and there I saw two pots on the stove while something else is in the oven. Are we having a party today? Wait, who would party in this early morning. Are we expecting someone? None that I could think off. Is he cooking for me? No way, there's no occasion for that. , what are you doing brain. You should be resting. We've done enough thinking for today.

 

Putting the drink on my desk, I walked to my closet to change my clothes. Damn. I looked and smelled terrible. Gotta hit the shower before sleep. I got into the shower and wash as quickly as I could. When I'm done, I wrapped a towel around my waist and opened the bathroom door only to be startled a tall creature hovering over me.

 

"Uh. Hey. What are you doing here?"

 

"Didn't Chanyeol tell you I'm coming for winter break?"

 

Oh. So that's why D.O. cooked that much.

 

"Right. Sorry. I totally forgot about that. So, how was your flight?"

 

It took him a moment to reply something like Great. Great. Really great. and another second for me to realize that he's been staring at my body. Oh yeah. No wonder it's so chilly.

 

"Good. Let me get dressed then we can join D.O. and Chanyeol for breakfast." I managed to slip through the door with his large body almost completely covering it.

 

We ended up finishing all the food and feeling full, I retreated back to my room. Chanyeol had said something about bringing Kris back to his apartment to let his cousin rest. I was about to fly to dreamland when I heard someone knocking on the door. What now.

 

"Hey." It was Kris.

 

"Hey. Where's Chanyeol?"

 

"He left with D.O.. I'm not quite sure what happen though. He just told me they'll be back later."

 

I nodded. "Do you want to take a shower? You can borrow Chanyeol's clothes if you don't want to unpack yet. I'm pretty sure D.O. has his shirt and pants somewhere. Go ahead and I'll get them for you." I handed him a clean towel and made my way to D.O.'s room. After getting what I needed, I walked back to my room and set the t-shirt and pants on my desk for Kris. Then I took my phone and texted D.O. to ask him where had they gone and when they'll be back.

 

30 seconds later, I got a reply from D.O. who said they'll be running a bit late since Chanyeol apparently had forgotten to settle some business with the bank, therefore I had to entertain our guest for a while before they gpt back. There goes another chance to catch some sleep. I grabbed my guitar and started playing random songs while waiting for Kris to be done.

 

"You never told me you play guitar." I looked up and saw Kris at the doorway, in nothing but a towel. It's my turn now to stare.

 

"Yeah. I don't play much, though. Here, I'll leave you to change. D.O. said they'll be a bit late, so maybe we can watch something before those two come back. " I held the clothes to him and he took them just to set them back on desk.

 

He stepped forward till I could feel his cool skin so close to mine. "Why don't we do something else to kill time. Something we both enjoy." He whispered to my ear and gently nibbled my earlobe causing a shiver to run through my body.

 

Leave it to Kris to make me throw all thoughts of sleep out the window. This is definitely better.

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

It's been almost three weeks since winter break started and soon school would start. Chanyeol had been dragging Kris along with D.O. and I all over the places. I actually liked it since I had nothing else to do and I love going to places.

 

Kris and I had been getting it on whenever we had the chance. It's not that hard since Chanyeol had decided to move temporarily to my and D.O's apartment because it'll be easier for him to spend time with his boyfriend and cousin at the same time. Not that I mind having Kris available almost 24/7.

 

We'd do it during nighttime when we're sure the couple had gone to sleep. Sometimes it'd be a quick , while a few times we'd go at it till we can barely move. The only problem was keeping it quiet, but every time D.O. started asking me in suspicion over "some weird noise", I'd brush it off as our neighbors having their y time next door. Well, it's not really far from the truth, except that this neighbor was only across the hallway. He didn't have to know that.

 

"Do we have class tomorrow?" I asked D.O. who was munching on chips during our last night of break. We were all gathered in the living room waiting for Chanyeol to pick a movie.

 

"I don't think so. Wait, I do but you don't. I have that liberal arts class at 9.00 and another class till noon. What about you Chanyeol?"

 

"I have morning classes till noon then another class in the evening."

 

I grab a handful of chips from the package in D.O.'s lap. "Well, that means I'll be the only one free. Kris, do you have anything you wanna do tomorrow?" I turned my head to Kris who had settled himself next to me.

 

"Well, I don't really have anything particular."

 

"Okay. In that case, I guess I'll go grocery shopping and cook lunch for you guys. We're almost out of everything, anyways. Kris, you can come with me if you want." I looked at him and saw him nod in approval.

 

"Great. Now let's watch a movie. Suho, I know you're gonna kick my but that can wait. I really, really, desperately in need of a ghost movie. So, please please please?" Sigh. It's not that I'm scared of ghost movies, I just can't take the suspense and ghost movies just bring me mood down after I'm done with them. I'd prefer gore movies rather than ghost movies, but I don't want to be responsible for D.O. who'd lose him sanity at the sight of blood.

 

"Fine. Do whatever you want but I'm not cooking chicken tomorrow." I saw the giant's face fell for a bit and he looked like contemplating for a bit, before nodding slightly to tell me he understood. Wow, he really is desperate to watch this movie that he gave up on chicken. Interesting.

 

Once he had the movie started, he settled himself next to D.O. who immediately cuddled to his side. As for me, I had gotten my wolf plushie and set it in my lap. The movie was intense right from the beginning. I thought of slowly retreating back to my room, but I want to know what happened. The ChanSoo couple were now hugging each other, with D.O.'s face almost always in Chanyeol's chest. I hugged my wolf tighter.

 

My eyes were still glued to the movie although I really feel like running to my room. We were all scared less, so when I felt something cold on my hand I almost let out a scream only to find that thing was Kris' hand. I must have looked really pale and he ask me if I was okay at which I nodded and turned back to the movie. I glanced over at the couple and they seemed to be too scared to care about their surroundings. I sighed in relief but quickly tensed when I felt Kris scooted over closer to me, took my hand in his and locked our fingers together.

 

"It's okay. Nothing to be afraid of." He smiled at me before turning back to the movie. We've never been this close outside the bedroom, so it took me a few seconds for the words to sink and I just muttered a little thanks to him.

 

Good thing I had my wolf to hide the blush creeping on my face.

 

 

 


A/N: My deepest apology for not updating yesterday.

I always find wolves and tigers to be cute, so I bought myself a wolf plushie and it sat by my pillow every night. My roommate was really mad with me because she said the wolf creeped her out and she would get startled by its eyes every time she woke up to see its face right in hers. I'm sorry, my dear roommate. She then banned me from getting more animal plushies because someone told her i was getting a tiger next. (-_-")