Hey Cousin

Friends with Benefits, More or Less

"Cousinnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!"

 

Cousin? This tall boyfriend of D.O. is related to that tall walking figure who looks like someone I know?

 

Damn those genes!

 

I probably have looked stupid staring at both cousins hugging each other. Chanyeol was jumping up and down while his cousin tried his best not to fall back on his . After calming Chanyeol down, he finally looked at me.

 

"Hey."

 

"Hey."

 

Chanyeol might be blind to not see the awkward smile I had on my face. Oh well, he's just oblivious that way.

 

"Hey Kris. This is my friend Suho. He'll be riding with us and we have to send him home. Hope you don’t mind." Chanyeol introduced me to his cousin.

 

Kris stared at me. "Yeah, no prob. Let's go to my car and Suho, you could probably guide the way to your house."

 

I just nodded. He didn't mention that he knew me, so I'm not gonna say anything about that.

 

We walked to Kris' car and loaded our luggage into his boot. Once everything settled, I quickly aimed for the handle to the back door but Chanyeol cut me off.

 

"Suho, can you sit at the front. I wanna lie down. My limbs are killing me. That many hours of flight in that cramped space? Give me a break, will ya?" Chanyeol whined and exaggeratedly showed his weak arms and legs. Sigh.

 

"Yeah. Plus, you need to tell me the directions to your house. I know the general area but not the specific street. It'll be easier if you sit next to me." Kris added. I could only nod and get myself to the  passenger seat. Chanyeol made himself comfortable lying down across the back seat and soon drifted to sleep.

 

Apart from the occasional snores from Chanyeol, the ride was really quiet. I could see that we're only halfway home when Kris' voice reached my ears.

 

"When did you move?" I thought he would continuously pretend like he never knew me.

 

"After I left school. No point living there anymore since I'm done with school."

 

"So you moved in with Chen?" I chuckled. He thought I'm still with Chen?

 

"Nope. It was easier to move back to my family's house since I'll be leaving for Canada after prep school."

 

"So we're heading to your family's house now?"

 

"Yes. Haven't seen them in 2 years." I turned my head to him and smiled. I could see him smiling, too. "So, what are you doing here? You're on break?"

 

"Yeah. Haven't seen that idiot for some time. So I decided to visit him and maybe spend some time together. Maybe you could join us later when we hang out. You could bring Chen, too, if he's in town."

 

"Sure. I'll tell Chen about that. He said he'll visit me soon and he's bringing his new boyfriend. Can he join us too? Too bad Luhan and Sehun can't join us. I miss those lovebirds. Do you still contact Luhan?" I could see the shocked expression on Kris' face when I mentioned Chen's new boyfriend.  I smirked.

 

"Not really. Last I heard from him was after he left for the States. He told me about you going to Canada. Who knew you'd know Chanyeol." I could hear Chanyeol coughed a little and went back to his nap.

 

"Chanyeol's boyfriend, D.O., is my roommate. So I'm kinda stuck with this giant for two years now."

 

"Oh! I know that guy. I heard he's coming to visit Chanyeol later. Maybe we can go camping together once everyone is here. You can bring your boyfriend, too." I saw him looked at me to see my reaction. Poker face mode: ACTIVATED.

 

"Yeah, sure. I'll let everyone knows about this plan. I'm sure Chanyeol would be thrilled. You know how he gets when he's excited. I don't know how D.O. controls him, but I guess that's not really my problem."

 

We continued chatting and somewhere before we reached my house, Chanyeol woke up and whined about being hungry. We had to stop by a fast food restaurant just to get him something to eat so he'd shut his mouth. I noticed that these two cousins are really close to each other, but their personalities are too different.

 

We finally arrived at my house. After introducing them to my parents and saving these two giants from getting harassed with my mother's hugs and kisses, I asked Kris to tell Chanyeol our plan. Just as predicted, he started jumping up and down and even managed to shake Kris' car as they drove away.

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

I sat in the passenger seat watching the road as Kris drove Chanyeol's family van to a nearby beach. Behind us were D.O. and Chanyeol, and the very back were Chen and his new boyfriend, Xiumin.

 

After much argument between Kris and Chanyeol, we finally decided to go to the beach instead since Chanyeol insisted he "had been so independent in Canada and now it's time to be pampered and relax". As if. All he could ever do by himself without the supervision of D.O. is taking his own shower. I would rather not mention how he got all his clothes to be colored like rainbows and all the dishes from the dishwasher got broken when he attempted to do chores.

 

I turned to look at the passengers at the back. Chanyeol was busy pestering D.O. who could only nod and smile, while Chen was chatting away with Xiumin. I've been introduced to Xiumin through Skype when Chen and I had our bimonthly Skype session. He attended the same academy as Chen. He's very nice and cute and bubbly with fair skin and bright smile. He also got along with Kris, Chanyeol and D.O. pretty quickly. I know for some people, it'd be really hard to get close to their ex-boyfriends but there's really no awkwardness between Chen and I. We've decided on staying friends, so it’s only normal for me to accept Xiumin as my friend, too. As far as I know, Chen has already explained of our past relationship and Xiumin seemed to not mind it.

 

The drive wasn't very long and before we knew it, we could already see the rolling waves and the blue water and our resort where we'll be staying for 4 days 3 nights.

 

We checked in and finally settled down in our rooms. Chanyeol insisted for us to get 3 separate rooms, with him and D.O. in one room, Chen and Xiumin in another, and I shared the last room with Kris.

 

"Why didn’t you bring your boyfriend here?" Kris asked as I was about to land on the white fluffy bed. I looked up at him.

 

"I would if I had one. Why didn't you bring yours?" I quirked an eyebrow at him. He smirked.

 

"Subject nonexistent. Now get your off the bed. We're meeting the others at the café in 30 minutes. I don’t wanna see you fall asleep and I sure am not gonna bring back your food." He threw a pillow from his bed to my direction, but I quickly caught it before it could hit me.

 

"What are we doing tonight?" I walked to the balcony. The view is astounding with the setting sun near the horizon. The air smelled like the ocean and I feel so refreshed. Truth be told, I personally would prefer the beaches rather than camping in the woods since I love playing in the water so much. I can't wait to get to the beach. I'd ask them if they wanna join me waking a walk near the water.

 

"Not sure. We'll ask them later. Why? You have something in mind?" I heard Kris' voice from behind me.

 

"Nothing much. I just wanna go see the beach and test the water. Maybe we can go walk over there after dinner."

 

I didn't turn to see his reaction but I could hear him hummed. Suddenly the bell to our room rang, followed by a series of knocking and banging and I could hear Chanyeol's voice calling our names. Kris went to unlock the door and Chanyeol burst into the room dragging along a laughing D.O.

 

"Why aren't you ready yet? Let's go have dinner then we can go to the beach!"

 

"Yeah, yeah. We're ready. Let's go get Chen and Xiumin and we can.." Before I could finish my sentence I could see Chen and Xiumin waiting at the door.

 

"Well, since we're all here, let's head down to dinner." Kris ushered them out of our room while I made sure the door is locked.

 

. . . . . . . . . . .

 

The dinner was really nice, but walking on the beach was so great. Chanyeol had somehow managed to get Xiumin and D.O. wet up to their thighs and in return they kicked the water over Chanyeol's tall body. Kris, Chen and I just stayed back looking over the grown-up kids.

 

"I really wish the HunHan couple is here right now. It'd be like old times. Luhan would totally fit in with those kids." I turned my head to Chen as he finished his sentence. I smiled.

 

"Yeah. That'd be awesome. Hey, let's take lots of pictures and send them to the couple. They'd totally be jealous. I know Luhan would flip."

 

We finally had to walk back to the resort when D.O. and Chanyeol desperately hung onto each other for warmth and Xiumin was shaking like a wet dog. After saying goodnight to the couples, Kris and I walked to our room. I decided to let Kris wash up first then I took a shower after he's done. Once I finished with my shower, I got out to see Kris lying down on his bed, reading a magazine. I ran towards my bed and jumped on it. Hello, fluffy bed.

 

I was slowly falling asleep when I felt someone staring at me. I lifted my head from my pillows to see Kris having his eyes fixed on me. I quirk an eyebrow, signaling What's up? to him.

 

"Isn't it awkward? I mean you, Chen and Xiumin. Why did you guys break up anyways?"

 

I thought for a second. Why did he sound so… curious?

 

"Nope. Not really. We broke up because we both knew it'd be easier to not be committed to each other when I'm away in Canada and he stayed here. You know what they say about long-distance relationships. As much as I trust and love him, I could not say that we're gonna be truly loyal to one another. That's why we chose to end it and remain friends."

 

"So why are you still single?" Really, Kris?

 

"I don’t want any commitment for now."

 

"Don't you get ?" I mentally face palmed. Seriously, couldn't he get anymore childish than this.

 

"I do, but I don’t want to just fool around going from one person to another in favor of . Nope. One night stand is not really my style."

 

He seemed to be deep in thought. "What if someone were to ask you for a no-strings-attached relationship that is purely based on ? No commitment, no feelings. Just . At least you don't have to look for anyone when you're . You can just get it on with this person. No questions asked."

 

I blinked once. Twice. " You mean like a friends with benefits relationship?"

 

"Yup."

 

"With whom?"

 

"With me."

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: From this chapter onwards, I'll be focusing more on KrisHo. Finally. Thanks for waiting! ^_^