Time Flies

Friends with Benefits, More or Less

They say time flies. Well, at least it did for me.

 

It's been three years since we left school. We all went to different directions. I decided to pursue engineering in Canada on scholarship. Has been my dream since I was younger. Luhan went into Biotechnology in the States, and I've seen him a few times during holidays. Sehun got into medicine in Ireland. Sometimes Luhan would fly to Ireland to see Sehun, or Sehun would come to the States to see Luhan. They were just the sweetest couple, weren't they?

 

Chen's now studying in a local university to become a pilot. We've broken up. There was nothing wrong with us, and we ended it so peacefully. We've decided that it would be hard for us to maintain our relationship when one of us is halfway across the world. I don't think we're cowards who were afraid to give long-distance relationship a try. We just thought that it'd be better if we didn't have any commitment towards each other and no promises be made for us to stay together. Anything could happen to us, so we're just saving our time from the heartbreak. We still keep in touch, and last I heard someone had a crush on him just the way he had one on me.  Now he knows how it feels to be chased after (not saying having him chased after me was bad).

 

I would say I haven't changed much since high school, except for I got better at cooking.  I still had some accidental dishes every now and then, but at least they tasted better now. Sometimes I would tell Chen about them and he said he missed the "dish that shall never be named" and could never replicate what I had done. I guessed he's just too used to my cooking, huh?

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

Since I broke up with Chen, I haven't really paid any attention towards starting a new relationship. I guess it's just easy for me to stay single and free. I would hang out with my classmates and friends, at times they would bring someone to introduce to me. I just couldn't bring myself to think about getting a boyfriend just yet.

 

"Maybe you are still waiting for Chen. Didn't you say you guys broke up in peace? You still have feelings for him?" My roommate asked through a mouthful of sandwich.

 

I stared at him. "Nah. I love him, I truly do. But I think we both have gotten past the feelings as lovers and we're more like brothers now."

 

"So then, why would you reject every guy who had come to you? I thought you finally hit it off with that guy from our Mechanics class."

 

"Are you serious? He just wanna get in my pants! He was already hard by the time he reached our door before he picked me up for our so-called date." I shivered at that memory. Creepy guy.

 

"So what? You're not a ! Go get laid, bro. Don't tell me the only guy who has touched you is Chen." He reached across the table to get my untouched pancake. There goes my brunch.

 

That had me thinking. Surely, I've spent most of my time with Chen in the past and he's the only one I've had with. But I've definitely touched other people right?

 

Oh yeah. I had. It's Kris.

 

After leaving school, I haven't contacted Kris. From what Luhan told me, he went to a local university up north to study architecture. Well, that's a bit expected since his dad was a well-known architect and his mom was an interior designer, and they both have their own companies.

 

I was deep in thought about Kris that I didn't realize the man in front of me has already finished eating. For someone as small as him, he sure has big appetite. It wasn't until I feel something soft hit me hard on my face.

 

"What the hell, man? You ate my brunch and dare to hit me?" I looked at him. A grin on his face. Aish, this kid.

 

"Well, were you thinking of all the naughty times you've had? Gross man. Don't do that when I'm around. Anyways, have you finished packing? Our flight's at 8:30 a.m., so we'll leave at 6 a.m. tomorrow, and I don't want you bugging me all the way back home and throughout summer break just because you forget something."

 

I smiled. He may look like a kid, but leave it to him to make me feel like I'm one.

 

"Yes, D.O. Will you chill? You sound like my mom. I know what I'd need to bring back home."

 

His eyes widened cause he knows I'd flinch at that. Damn, I could never get used to those big eyes! Then he chuckled.

 

"Good. So, who's gonna fetch you from the airport?"

 

I thought for a second. "Nobody. I'll get a cab."

 

"Why don't you go with Chanyeol? You guys live close to each other, right?" Chanyeol is D.O.'s longtime boyfriend. Sometimes they remind me of Luhan and Sehun. They are just luckier since they got into the same university but doing different courses with Chanyeol being in the Business school.

 

"Well, only if he's okay with it."

 

"Alright. I'll talk with him. I'm sure he won't mind. I'll you later tonight." D.O. turned and went out the door. He's obviously meeting Chanyeol. Those lovebirds.

 

I knew D.O. when I first enrolled in this university. He has been my roommate ever since. We're in the same class, too. He's the better cook between us and I somehow improved my cooking skills because of him. He's also very clean and it's very easy to get comfortable around him. He has been with Chanyeol since early high school, and they've had their fair share of fightings, shoutings, and angry , but I've never seen him happier other than when he's with Chanyeol. Maybe that's how their relationship could last this long.

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

The flight back home was quiet and calm. I sat next to the aisle while D.O. was trapped between me and Chanyeol who's next to the window. Looked like both of them were already sleeping with D.O.'s head on Chanyeol's broad shoulder. Cute.

 

I couldn't sleep much and the movies provided were kinda lame. I got up and walked around, and stopped at the pantry. There were two stewardesses chatting to each other.

 

"Excuse me miss, can I get something to eat and drink?"

 

The taller stewardess gave me a smile and nodded. "Of course, sir. What would you like to have? We have snacks, ramen and cookies."

 

"Can I have ramen and some cookies, please? Also a can of soda would be good, too." I replied while looking at the other stewardess who's busying herself with another passenger.

 

"Sure. Let me grab those and I'll bring them to your place."

 

I left her with her task and walked back to my seat. The couple was still sleeping. Good. I don't need Chanyeol or D.O. to eat my food. Nope. Not after they've taken my bread and dessert during dinner.

 

A few minutes later, the stewardess came with a tray of food in her hand. I thanked her and attempted to go through the list of movies. Well, there's The Lorax and I haven't seen that movie.

 

A cup of ramen, a can of Cola and two packages of cookies later, I leaned back on my seat. Feeling a bit sleepy, I looked over my shoulder to see the two kids starting to stir in their sleep. Better get my own sleep before the wake up and start pestering me.

 

With a full stomach, I slept all the way till the next meal time.

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

We arrived at 4 a.m. so the airport wasn't as full as it would be in the day. D.O. quickly ran off to his parents who'd been waiting for him. We went to them and said our farewell. Well, it's not like we're not gonna see him during the summer break. After all, he'd definitely come to Chanyeol's house  to spend a week or so with his boyfriend.

 

Just when I was about to ask Chanyeol if our ride was there, I saw him waving his hands towards someone.

 

Someone who looked so familiar.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: I'll try to get as much as I can get done today. Thanks for waiting! ^_^