Friends?

Friends with Benefits, More or Less

"Suho, this is Luhan. He'll be helping you with getting around the school. This is a small school and everyone knows everyone, so I'm sure you'll get familiar with the school and people in no time."

 

I nodded to the teacher and turned my attention to the said Luhan. Cute. Bright wide eyes with even brighter smile.

 

"Hi. I'm Luhan. You'll be stuck with me, so let's be friends, huh?" Witty. He offered a hand and I took it, shook it, and smiled.

 

It didn't take long for us to hit it off since we both are similar in some ways. We both love anime and manga. We both like English, Math and Science. We both hate physical contacts. Well, not really hating it. We're just, sensitive, when it comes to people touching us. We become best friends in no time. He's really easy to get comfortable with. To be honest, I always thought city people are snobbish, arrogant homo sapiens with nothing to do other than spending their fortune on luxurious things just to rub it off in the faces of the less fortunates. Well, I wasn't really far off with other kids in the school. But not with Luhan. He's just so sincere and kind and humble. Most importantly, he just doesn't give a about other people. Yeah, he would sometimes point out the accent that I never really tried to shake off me, but when others make fun of it he would shut them down and say that he's the only one allowed to do it. The privileges of being a best friend, or something like that. He doesn't care much about stuff, except for anime, manga, studying, and a popular soccer guy who spends most of his time training in the sun but never get tanned named Sehun. 

 

Yeah, that's all he cares about.

 

. . . . . . . . . 

 

"Look! There's Sehun playing on the field. Isn't he's just too godly to be allowed into the soccer team?" Luhan tugged my shirt to get me look over the window. I know Sehun is a good-looking, a very good-looking, guy who looks cool, but I could never get over the fact that he looks just like Shiro from Crayon Shin-chan's series. The white fair skin, the hair, the cute tongue that usually makes it appearence to the pink lips. No, I'm not having a crush on Sehun. I'm just stating the facts.

 

"I bet he would be a national star player with that skills of his. But then, I won't be able to see him everyday. Oh no! What should I do? He would get all famous and have a lot of fans, and he would forget me here. How dare he forgets me!!" Luhan went on and on, eyes still looking at Sehun. Over time, I've developed the skill to pretend like I'm listening to what he's saying while my head is thinking on what lunch should I get that day. But I'm in a good mood today, and feeling a bit generous I listened to him blabbering about his future with Sehun. I actually listened, for once. Before I got my chance to reply, I was cut off by the loud, high-pitched scream from the boy next to me.

 

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! Thank you Lord for the feast you've bestowed upon us, ehem, me today." Now all attention fell upon the deer-looking guy. By all, I mean including the teacher since the class was still running and the teacher was trying to explain on a project we're supposed to hand in by the end of the week.

 

I stared at my dear friend. What the hell possessed him in this broad daylight? One minute he was talking about giving a slow death to every single one of Sehun's fan, and suddenly he was praying hard that I thought would be comparable to a guy allowed after being denied for two hours. Damn, too much .

 

And then I saw it.

 

Oh.

 

Oh.

 

Sehun, topless.

 

Now I get it.

 

"Wipe that drool off your face. You look like a pedo on loose. He's our junior, remember?" No response. Luhan had lost it. I poked his face to get his attention back to the teacher who looked like she's about to throw the thick textbook to Luhan's skull. Not like he would feel it.

 

I poked several times. No response.

 

None.

 

He had totally lost it.

 

So did several other girls and guys next to him, with drool down their chins.

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

"Does it hurt?" I looked at his palm which was bright red, with a long line mark across it.

 

"Nah. Totally worth it." His grin didn't falter at all even after the painful punishment. 

 

"All for Sehun, huh? He's really got you smitten, dude," I added.

 

"Yup. You know me, Suho. You know me very well." He replied. I just smiled at him and continued eating what's left of my sandwich.

I couldn't really say I know how he felt, even though I was the one who's in a relationship. I didn't know how it felt to have a crush on someone, seeing that my boyfriend was the one to approach me before I left my old school.

 

"Hey, you free after this? Wanna hang out?"

 

"Yeah, I think I'm free. Chen's busy today, so he's not coming over." I usually spent my afternoons with my boyfriend Chen hanging out in my apartment, either watching a movie, grabbing lunch, or just sleeping. No, not that kind of sleeping. We were just not at that level, yet.

 

"Cool. We can go to my house then. I'm calling my friend over. Haven't seen him in a while, you know."

 

I nodded. A friend, huh? Ever since I got a boyfriend, I haven't really hung out too much. It has always been Chen and I, or sometimes Luhan when Chen's occupied with his activities. And I've never really seen Luhan with other people. Sure, he's talkative and stuff, but I rarely saw him with people outside our school. This got me a bit curious, really.

 

"How's everything with Chen? Haven't seen that guy since your party last month."

 

I looked at Luhan. "Great. He's busy with school and exams. He's one year ahead of us, remember? So he hasn't really got time to hang out with us, y'know."

 

He nodded. Luhan is the only one who knew about my relationship. It's not like I desperately needed to keep it a secret. Heck, I had no intention on doing that. It's just, I appreciated it more that Chen and I could share our moments without much interruptions from other people. Plus, Luhan has done quite a good job being much of the said interruption.

 

We walked off to Luhan's house, which wasn't very far from school. I've been to his house a few times so I wasn't really affected by the presence of maids around the house. Well, maybe I did get awed by the size of the house, the ornaments decorating the house, and the pool at the basement of the house when I first came. The pool is as big as my one-bedroom apartment, for God's sake! One time when we were watching a movie in my apartment, I asked Luhan if he could let me rent one of the bathrooms in his house to me because it got everything I need - water and electricity - and it is big enough to even put my single bed in it. He looked at me with teary eyes and started packing my things saying I should have just told him that I need money and he can help with everything and he will ask his father to adopt me and I will not suffer any longer and he'll share his rooms and clothes and food with me and he's sorry that he didn't realize that I'm having a hard time. I couldn’t help myself from laughing out loud at his reactions but I eventually stopped after seeing his tears and snot all over my freshly laundered clothes and shoes and books. Sigh. He's just gullible that way.

 

Luhan disappeared to the kitchen and came back with three bottles of soda. We were just chatting while waiting for his friend to come when suddenly came a knock on his door.

 

"Hey bro. Sorry I'm late. Got stuck in a meeting." Deep voice came from behind the door and when I looked up, there I saw a tall figure with jet black hair and a backpack slung over one shoulder. Damn, this is one fine specimen.

 

No, scratch that.

 

This is one godly homo sapiens.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Hey there! How's my first chapter? I really want to continue but I would like to hear from you guys whether it's worth continuing or not. Comment please!! ^_^