Meeting

Dream High – Class of 2007

Yubin finds herself being ushered past the class she is supposed to be teaching but her students seem to have spotted her.

“Sunseang-nim!!” Jimin, the chubby teacher’s pet calls out to her. “Are you not teaching us today?”

“Sunseang-nim, is it true? The scandal?” JR, the skinny boy who shares an uncanny resemblance to her ex-boyfriend asks her.

“I can’t talk now, kids. Someone will take over me for today. I’ll see you guys soon, ok!” Yubin replies as she is led to a room where she is to change into a student uniform as a disguise to get out the school’s back gate.

As Yubin changes into that familiar school uniform she used to don 7 years ago in the same school, she suddenly recalls the fond memories of the old days. Of how she was quite a riot in those days and of how she fell in love for the first time. Sweet fun memories. And then her phone rings, interrupting her thoughts and causing her mood to turn bad because the caller name displayed reminds her of how those sweet memories turned sour months ago and even worse now with the scandal out.

 The name displayed is now simply “Ok Taecyeon”, though it used to be “Taecyeonie”.

“I did not leak the photo, Taec.” The first thing she says when she picked up his call.

“Well, neither did I.” he quickly states too.

“Who would then? Could it be some girl you dated recently and broke her heart that she wants to get back at you by exposing our past relationship to the public?” she can’t help with that suspicion because she isn’t dating any guy exclusively or who is jealous enough to do that to her but Taec could be dating someone and only women are dramatic enough to do such a thing.

“Not that I know of….” Taec adds. “…except maybe YOU?”

The anger in her boils high at his take on her being the culprit that she is on the verge of cursing at him with the English word that starts with an “F” because she only uses that English word at him when she is super angry, HOT HOT angry and mad at him.

However, the security guy interrupts before she could spurt out the “F” word and visualize strangling her ex-boyfriend for accusing her of leaking the photo out of revenge. She has always been low profile, especially with her private life and she is definitely not the sort to want such gossipy media attention. He should know her character well enough that she is not that dumb to do such a thing. Hasn’t everyone learnt from the IU-Eunhyuk scandal?

“We gotta go now, Yubin-shii!” the security guy rushes Yubin seeing that she was fully prepped in schoolgirl attire now.

“We will talk about this later!” she warns Taec as she hangs up the phone.

-----

Yubin is driven to JY’s huge villa right away and she is greeted by JY’s long-time house-keeper.

“Ahjumma!” she hugs the nice lady who has always served the best organic Korean dishes whenever she and her JYP labelmates came by the house for dinner meetings with JY.

“Oh Yubinnie. Why are you dressed like a schoolgirl?” Ahjumma notes.

“It’s a disguise. Sigh.. Anyway, can I use one of the guest rooms to change into my usual clothes?” Yubin asks and the lady nods and leads her through the big living room where Yubin spots someone familiar, reading the daily newspaper on the sofa and stealing side glances at her.

“You are here early?” Yubin stops her tracks and asks the ex-boyfriend.

“Filming had to stop since reporters and fans started swarming the film set. I was asked to leave early for the day.” Taecyeon reveals regretfully how their scandal had affected his filming and then he can’t help but ask Yubin. “Why are you wearing your old uniform?”

Seeing Yubin in that familiar school uniform hits a sudden soft spot in him. Why is she reminding him of the girl he fell in love with 7 years ago?

“Well, thanks to our scandal today, I have to disguise myself like this in order to get out of the school safely.” She tells him, flipping her arms in exasperation before she turns to head to one of the rooms to change.

Brunch was served shortly after JY arrived home not too long. They dig in to the delicious healthy food before JY starts the meeting with this.

“Alright. The latest update is now this. Looks like they are pointing fingers at Yubin for doing an “IU”. That’s she’s the one who leaked the photo!” JY updates the couple, or rather ex-lovers on his table.

Yubin slams her chopsticks and spoon on the table. “Oh God..” she sighs as she lets her head rest in her hands in despair.

Taec at first did suspect if Yubin really did an “IU” because when they broke up 5 months ago, Yub did not take it too well.  But now that he thinks about it and of how she has always hated media attention on her love life, he highly doubts she would do such a thing. But who? Who has access to their personal stuff? His phones and ipad all have a password for such folders. Maybe clumsy Yub left her phone forgetfully somewhere and someone managed to access to it?

“Could you have lost your phone again and someone picked it up?” he asks her as he remembers she did lose her phone once when she was travelling with the wonder girls in the US and her clumsiness might have strike again.

“Even if I really did lose my phone, it’s impossible they can get those photos…” Yubin informs. “Since I deleted all our photos anyway.”

“You what?” Taec asks in surprise. He may have broken up with her but he still did not go to that extend or be bothered to delete all their photos. “Do you hate me that much?”

Yubin eats her food as she shakes her head. “I just did that on impulse one day. No big deal, ok.”

She hates remembering those break-up aftermath days. Taec needs to stop asking her about these things.

“Anyway, guys. Yub needs to respond to the media. Or at least come up with something to say through our representative.” JY reminds.

“Just tell them the truth, I DID NOT DO AN ‘IU’!” Yubin gives her statement.

“Yeah. Why don’t you tweet that, baby?” Taec trolls and Yubin slaps him hard on the arm. She hates that he still has the mood to make fun of her and still calls her “baby”, though she kinda misses that term.

“Ok, I’ll ask our reps to say Yub did not leak the photo and that we are going to investigate and find out the perpetrator who leaked it.” JY gives his decision.

“So are you really going to investigate?” Taec and Yubin both ask, looking curiously at JY to be sure he’s a man of his word.

“I’ll let the lawyers handle it but it’ll probably take some time. In the meantime, the both of you need to stay low.” JY advises.

 

A/N: I am experimenting writing this story in a very different format and I don't know if it will confuse my readers. I really hope not. Anyway, I'll try not to spoil too much but I will just say that after this chapter, I will go back a few months(or years) in time BEFORE the break-out of this scandal for some chapters until I progress back to the present day of their scandal situation.