That Photo

Dream High – Class of 2007

Taecyeon groans as he picks up a morning wake-up call from his manager telling him that he needs to go to JYP urgently. He asks his manager what is so important.

“I think it’s about the investigation results of your leaked photo.” His manager tells him.

“Oh, ok!” Taec quickly gets up from bed to get ready. It’s been a week since investigations started and he is quite surprised the results are out this soon. Anyway, the earlier the better. Once the culprit is found, people can stop accusing Yubinnie already.

Upon arriving in the office, Taec is greeted by the company’s lawyer, Mr Lee and JY.

“Where’s Yub?” Taec asks as he finds Yubin missing.

“She’s in the middle of class. We can report to her after this meeting but most importantly, it’s you we need to see.” JY informs.

When all 3 men are well seated, lawyer Lee starts the meeting.

“Ok, I shall start. From the investigations we have been conducting the past week, we found out that the source of the photo came from this email account.” Lawyer pointed at the email address on the report sheet. “Are you familiar with this email address?”

Taec nods. “That’s my email. When was this sent? And to whom?”

“It was sent 2 days before the scandal broke out. Did you send any email to anyone 2 days before the scandal?” the lawyer asks Taec.

“I doubt so. I’m so busy these days working. And most times, I kakaotalk or text or tweet. I hardly email unless it’s work or schoolwork related.” Taec reveals.

“Apparently the email was sent quite late hours around 2am and it was sent to admin in this university email which we found out was where your photo was leaked.”

“That’s the university I am taking my masters. I usually send my assignment queries to that email.” Taec admits and tries to recall how he could have accidentally sent an old photo to his school email.

“We interviewed the administrator of that email account and found out that it was a general email account that several admin staff in the school uses. It is hard to point the finger at who was the one who leaked it using that IP address.” The lawyer reports.

“But was there anything written in that email that accompanied the photo?” Taec asks.

“Yes. It just says ‘Remember this?’ ”

Taec leans back in his chair to think hard again. If it says that, it could be someone had intentions of sending it to someone but had sent to the wrong address? Did anyone on that particular night send an email from his phone? Because that photo was only in that Samsung phone that he uses. Then Taec starts to remember. That night he was with Seulong, Chansung and Woo having late night drinks at a bar. It was the night he was so drunk he started missing Yubin and wanted to text her.

“Ermm.. please excuse me, while I make an important phone call. I’ll be back.” Taec asks of JY and Lawyer Lee as he stands up and heads out of the private office to make a call to Seulong.

 “Hyung!” Taec calls as soon as Seulong picks his call.

“What’s up, Taec?” Seulong asks.

“Remember that night we went drinking recently?” Taec asks. “Did anyone borrow my phone or anything?”

“Hmmm.. No, you were so drunk and engrossed with your phone all night no one could touch your phone.” Seulong recalls. “Then I think Chansung said you were probably missing Yub or something because he took a peek at what you were doing on the phone and found out you were browsing through old photos you took with Yub. Why are you suddenly asking?”

Taec drops his phone from his ear as it gradually hits him. He now knows who the real culprit that caused the leak of the photo – HIMSELF.

------

           Flashback 2006 : Back to the days when we were young and wild and free..

“We need to get our tango costumes for our next dance rehearsal. Shall we take a look at some costume shops one of these days?” Yubin reminded Taec but he stayed quiet for a while.

“How much do they usually charge for rental of costumes?” Taec finally asked.

“I think about $40,000won each?” Yubin informed. “Why? Are you tight with cash? I can pay for yours first.”

Taec shook his head, rejecting her offer.

Since they started dating, they have been inseparable and spending a lot of time together. Taec had insisted on buying meals or movies on all of their dates, refusing to go dutch or let Yubin pay. Soon, even with the money he made from his part-time tutoring jobs, he turned dry with cash. Because he knew she came from a rather rich family and her parents would send money down whenever she got too broke, it made him all the more he wouldn’t want Yubin or others to think he was feeding off her.

“Baby, can you stop spoiling me already? You have been spending your tutor fees on all our dates of course you will go broke one day.” Yubin knew her boyfriend too well. She also went on to share some good news. “You know what? I got an intern job as a fashion coordinator and I could get some cash for us to rent the costumes. It’s NOT my parents’ money, ok. It’s my own hard-earned money to invest in our dance competition.”

“Really? When are you starting the job?” Taec asked

“I have a shoot to coordinate tomorrow after school.”

“Can I tag along?”

“Sure. I think they wouldn’t mind an extra hand to carry props and all.”

At the photo studio the next day while Yubin was busy working on her intern job, the stylist, Jonny suddenly got a call that his male model couldn’t make it for the shoot due to unforeseen circumstances. He started calling several modeling agencies while cursing at his bad luck to have to delay his shoot all of a sudden. As he was on a call, he noticed some new guy helping his intern with the props.

“Yubin.. who’s the guy?” Jonny called out to his intern and bobbed his head towards Taec next to her.

“That’s Taecyeon. He’s helping me out.”

Jonny seemed to have found the perfect replacement model in this Taecyeon. He had the perfect height and looks for the job. “Is he up for a modeling job? We can pay $80,000won just for the shoot today.” Jonny asked.

Yubin and Taec widened their eyes at the sudden well-paying job offer and they both took a quick look at each other before Taec quickly announced “I’ll take it!”

Luckily for Jonny and a proud Yubin, Taec was a quick learner and managed to pose as per directions from the satisfied photographer while Jonny and Yubin concentrated on dressing and styling him. They managed to finish the shoot on time and Jonny gladly paid Yubin and Taec their well-earned fees.

To commemorate their windfall, Yubin decided to take a photo with her model-boyfriend on her phone. Taec happily posed hugging her and at the last second before Yubin pressed the shutter button, he thanked his girlfriend with a kiss on her cheek. They kept that photo to themselves for 7 long years…until that male model in that photo accidentally released it to the public, thinking he was emailing his ex-girlfriend the photo.

---------------------- End of Flashback -----------------------

A/N: On a side note, just heard news on another real JYP wedding this year. How happy is this nation?!