To The Principal’s Office

Dream High – Class of 2007

Taec can’t help but reminisce on the familiar setting as he sits facing JY in his principal’s office. However, the atmosphere is definitely different from 7 years ago, though JY’s office hasn’t changed much. Yubin and Taec are now sitting in JY’s office for another purpose. It is a meeting to update Yubin on some new developments which she might not like. To avoid another outrage from his ex-girlfriend, Taec decided to have the meeting in JY’s office where at least there’s the boss who can support him.

Recently, the Taec-Yubin photo leak scandal had a 180 degree plot twist. Netizens are now mostly convinced that Yubin did not do an “IU” on Taec since she has a better option now. Thanks to a new set of photos published by netizens of Taec’s good friend, Kim Soohyun having a meal with Yubin recently. The photos showed the pair chatting happily and Soohyun looking rather dreamily at Yubin. There was even a photo snapped of them seemingly exchanging their phone numbers.

Upon seeing those photos, Taec felt a rise of jealous rage and he had to keep calm by reminding himself that Yubin was no longer his girlfriend and was free to date anyone. Yet Taec couldn’t. He started thinking a lot, a little too much. Perhaps he had no more solo projects at that moment and had more time to worry about like this. And then it hit him…. that this was probably Yubin’s way of taking revenge on him. Her revenge on him for leaking that old photo and adding a scandal in her clean idol career resume! What a smart move, Yub! Hooking up with another good-looking, popular heartthrob to defuel the photo scandal?! And it had to be a friend of his! Not some guy Taec was not familiar with but a friend whom he actually introduced to Yub! Wow, sweet revenge, Yub, Sweet!

Somehow, it seemed like things were happening for Taec to do something about it when one day JY came to Taec and offered him an English teaching job at JYPFSA. So Taec thought “Why not? Let’s give Yub a surprise.”

“What?” Yubin almost stood up from her chair upon hearing the news that her ex-boyfriend is going to be in the same school teaching as well.

“Yub, Taec probably just be here for a short term, part-time basis. Since Lim left, the English classes could use a new celebrity teacher and Taec’s the best choice. But of course, we had to let you know first.” JY adds.

“What are you trying to do?” Yubin shakes her head at Taec. He is now making it even more difficult for her to move on.

“I’m just taking up the offer from JY since there are no solo projects for me at the moment.” Taec tells her calmly.

She stares long at Taec. Though he looks expressionless, she senses a smirk beneath and spurts out at him. “It’s the , isn’t it? You miss the and you are here to try a chance with me to solve your needs, right?”  

Taec looks at Yubin totally amused. But now that she mentioned it, damn, he does miss the but decides not to give her the benefit of the doubt about being half-right. “Ermm, no…”  

“Kids, are you aware that I’m right here?” JY reminds them of his presence. He can’t believe they are actually fighting and talking about their lives in front of him.

Yubin sighs loudly. She stands up to leave the office but then, she turns around to the 2 men and leaves one last remark. “Thanks for informing me something you have both already decided on.” 

------

Flashback 2006 : Back to the days when we were young and wild and free..

The young couple sat in the Principal’s office waiting nervously, or rather only the boy seemed to be nervous.

“Stop fidgeting, Taec!”  Yubin hit her boyfriend’s hand.

“It’s my first time getting caught and sent to the principal’s office!” Taec admitted.”This school and its stupid strict dorm rules! Back in the US, everyone is openly sneaking into dorms and having !”

“Sigh.. Tell me about it. But the good thing is at least we didn’t get caught in the act. The very most is we get suspended. They won’t expel you since you are one of their top students. Just stick to the story we discussed and hope that we can get away with it, ok?” Yubin reminded Taec who was slightly glad he had such a cool and calm girlfriend.

“Ok, kids. Let’s see what we have here.” Music legend and principal of JYPFSA, JY Park finally walked into the office, sitting down in front of the 2 students, he started checking on the files in front of him. “Hmmm, I see Taecyeon here was caught sneaking into Yubin’s dorm. You kids do know the dorm rules, right?”

“Sajangnim, he was just helping me with my homework.” Yubin gave their excuse, obviously omitting the intimate details.

“But you guys could just use the school library for that purpose?” JY smiled with raised eyebrows, as if he had heard this excuse a million times.

“Have you seen the library, Sajangnim? Have you been making your regular visits as a principal to the library lately? There is hardly any space for us to study!” Yubin firmly stated. She was telling the truth about the library’s space constraint but Taec was impressed that his girlfriend had the guts to make that statement sound like it was also the school principal’s fault in neglecting the library space issue.

Taec’s troll confidence leveled up and he added. “And if I may add, Sajangnim. There’s also the problem of using the outdoor tables and benches to study. We can’t be studying in the freezing cold! Yubin is trying very hard to improve on her weaker subjects like history and literature and that was why she approached me for help. I can see that she is serious about working hard. She is the class president after all and she wants to at least be a good role model and improve on her grades.”

Yubin stared at her boyfriend, even more impressed with his speech she was sure she was gonna reward him later with some lovey-dovey if they managed to get away with punishment for this issue.

JY looked down on the 2 students’ files again to check on their academic reports and found that they were telling the truth on their background. Taec was currently one of the top 3 in class academically while Yubin was struggling with those 2 subjects, though it had improved slightly. She was indeed the current class president as well. JY leaned back on his chair and was deep in thought for some time. Then he asked. “You sure you kids weren’t making out or having or what not in the dorm?”

“Oh c’mon. He’s obviously not my type. I would never date a geek like him!” Yubin played out her lie extremely well with a roll of her eyes and a hand wave-off that Taec almost believed her.

Taec then decided to join in the act and shrugged. “Yeah, I wouldn’t date someone as dumb as her too.” But he got a stern stare from Yubin and he quickly added “But she’s really been improving lately so yeah, I’m quite proud of her as her tutor.”

“Ok, I’m letting the both of you off this time. Don’t let me catch you 2 breaking these rules again! Arrasso?!” JY warned and waved the kids out of his office.

“Thank you, sajangnim.” The 2 students bowed and then before leaving the office, Yubin turned back to JY and added one last remark, just to give herself additional acting points.

“And Sajangnim, don’t forget to do something about the library space.” She reminded.

------------------------------ End of Flashback --------------------------------

A/N: Taking a long break now. Like an interval so when the next chapter starts, it should be a new phase in the story development, for both present and past.