That Scandal

Dream High – Class of 2007

The headline in Nate reads.

"[Breaking] Is 2pm’s Taecyeon’s dating Wonder girls Yubin?

An intimate selca of 2pm’s Taecyeon and Wonder Girls’ Yubin was recently leaked and netizens are guessing that the photo was taken during their pre-debut days, during their JYPFSA school days. The photo had the both of them in a tight embrace with Taecyeon planting a kiss on Yubin’s cheek, just like a dating couple.

A rep from their agency stated “This was a photo from taken from their pre-debut days. It was years ago and according to Taecyeon, it is a past relationship. They are NOT dating now. They are now just friends.”

Further questions on how long they dated and what happened to cause the break up was brushed away as the rep commented, “This is their private personal affairs which the company will respect and not intrude. We ask for the understanding of the media and public to do the same as well.”

Taecyeon was quick to tweet. “I don’t know who managed to access and leak such a private photo. I felt a huge part of my private life had been violated. I hope to seek understanding from all to let us have some privacy from the matter since it is already something of the past.”

Yubin has yet to tweet or been reached for any comment.

Taecyeon is now busy with a new movie while Yubin is currently teaching at JYPFSA, while there are also rumors of her working on a possible solo comeback.

For more updates on this news, stay tuned."

Damn it! Yubin curses as she wonders about Taec’s reaction to this piece of news. Could Taec think that she was the one who leaked the photo since he seemed to have denied it? Who is the one who leaked it?! Who has access to their phones or the personal folders in their ipads, laptops and all? Her anger rises up at the thought of Taec likely thinking she is still hung up on him after their break-up. She needs to find the culprit who leaked the photo. The one who has put this past scandal out to attract the media attention that she does not need right now! Then she wonders if Taec was acting out and was actually the one who leaked it. But why would he? He initiated the break-up months ago! Whatever it is, they need to talk! 

“Yub! Can I see you for a moment?” JY walks out at that moment from the principal’s office and calls for Yubin.

Yubin stands up and glances past some of the staff who pretends not to look at her while Jo Kwon gives her a thumb-up for encouragement as she walks to JY’s office.

 “I AM NOT THE ONE WHO LEAKED THE PHOTO!” Yubin firmly states as soon as she closes the door of JY’s office.

“Then who would have access to your private photos? Seulong? Yeeun? Did they take that photo for you guys back then?” JY leans back on his big chair, trying to remain cool but she knows he is not.

“No, not them. That photo was self-taken by Taec and I ages ago. Which I’m pretty sure I deleted it on my side some time ago already.” Yubin reveals as she paces up and down in the office. “I don’t know about Taec though. The only thing I can think of is it could be access through his phone or ipad. I remember he used to keep those old photos in there.”

 “I just spoke to Taec and he denied it. Saying why would he want to leak something like that? He doesn’t need a past scandal to boost his current busy career now.” JY discloses.

Yubin rolls her eyes. Of course, he feels that way. “Maybe someone else access to his phone or ipad then?” Yubin guesses.

“Anyway, the press is out there and they will be pushing us for your comment.”

“What comment is there for me to say? Taec said everything already. It’s the past. Nothing else to say.”

“Well, you know they are going to dig for more details about your past relationship with him. Or who dump who and all that nonsense.”

“Yeah which I have no intentions of giving any info. I think staying silence is the best method.”

“But staying silence means those reporters will continue bothering JYPE or even start harassing my students here!”

“Anyway, I won’t be here long. When Sunye gets back from maternity next month, I’m handing the teaching job back to her.”

“ Yub, you know this job is not just about taking over Sunye’s while she’s on maternity, you also have other important responsibilities here, like the creative department you are now in charge of and how about the boy group project we are supposed to work on? You can’t just leave here as and when you like it. How can you bear to leave your kids just like that?”

Yubin sighs as she had to agree with JY that now that she had established a strong connection with her students, leaving them just like that can be kind of heart-breaking. The kids are like an inspiration to her just like she is their inspiration. They are the ones who indirectly mended her broken heart months ago and made her life more meaningful.

“In any case, I arranged a brunch meeting at my place later. BOTH you and Taec are coming.” JY commands after he receives a text from security. “Oh, you don’t have to go to class today. Reporters are starting to surround the school compound now and we need to get you out of here secretly right away.”

A/N: This fic is aiming at a more comical and dramatic feel than The Thin Line. I hope it will entertain you readers as much as I am entertaining myself while writing it. haha.