Chapter 7: Our Beginning

Love & Dance [A KAT TUN FAN FIC]

How am I suppose to handle this, I thought; Akanishi left me on this  rooftop still in shock of his kiss. What possessed him to do it in the first place and how can I be on his mind like this. I was just a girl hired to dance along his band. How does someone just kiss you and walk away saying think about it. I was thinking about and my mind was going at 100 miles per hour. I was waiting for someone snap me out of this. I just walked down the stairs and headed to get the rest of my things. A lot of people were still packing up including some of the KAT TUN members. It seemed Akanishi definitely left for the evening and towards the back I could see Kame also leaving the concert hall. I grabbed my remaining items and headed out the other door so I wouldn’t even confront him.

 

“Jen, hey how are you doing from your fall,” said Koki.

 

“Tanaka-San, I am doing okay...I am a little sore but, I think after I take a warm shower and massage my neck I should be okay,” I reassured him.

 

“That’s good...I was worried when I saw you fall. I knew Kame did it on purpose; I am sorry that he acted that way towards you,” Koki sighed.

 

“...I know he’s been majorly upset with me. Akanishi and I have become close...FRIENDS...so I can see why he was bothered,” I said blushing a bit.

 

I began to think of the kiss again and Koki looked at me. I think he noticed my reaction and he stopped walking a moment.

 

“I think Jin likes you.”

 

“No way! There..there..is now way he could like me. I am just his dancer,” I laughed nervously.

 

“Judging by the way you're reacting I would say maybe there is something going on between you two. I won’t say anything so you won’t have to worry. If you like each other I say go for it. The chemistry between you two is undeniable. If you ever wanna talk about it...you have my number ok. Peace, I need to get home and sleep” Koki yawned.

 

“Get home safe then Tanaka-San and thank you,” I said.

 

As I made my way home I thought about everything that was going on. All these days practicing together, the times we have hung out together, dinners, and the sleepover made me realize that he was constantly near me. Whenever we would get together my day would go from dull to bright. Each time that I spent with him too I thought about how my heart reacted. Certain things he would do would have my heart beating faster then it would normally. Even during our first performance I felt something when he looked at me when the song ended. I thought what I was feeling was due to how our first concert just went. I finally got home and thought, lets just sleep on it tonight and see what the future brings.

 

 

As soon as I went to bed it was morning again. I looked outside on my balcony and noticed the weather was getting cooler. I couldn’t believe how much time has passed since I left America. The seasons were beginning to change and fall was on its way. It was only 8 weeks ago that I celebrated my 19th birthday learning that I was on my way to Japan to become a dancer for JE. Now here I am just staring out at the streets watching people and cars go by thinking of how amazing this experience has been so far and I could only imagine what my future held from this point on. Not only was I thinking of the past but also what happened last night. I still couldn’t shake it off my mind. I think maybe I was feeling something for Akanishi. I had a boyfriend in the past when I lived in New Jersey but, I didn’t make much of it. My ex and I were a simple couple and only lasted a few months when I was 15. Akanishi wasn’t my first kiss so, it’s not I didn’t know what it was. When I think about it my first boyfriend it was like innocent teen love; we were only learning about it then. I never had with him or anything so what I experienced with Akanishi just caught me by surprise. I guess I was so use to being around these guys I forgot about how things can be. Since my move here to Japan my two best friends were guys and I really didn’t talk to the other dancers too much.

 

I wasn’t going to let it get to me and decided to do something a little different. Last night on my way home I noticed how leaves were beginning to fall all over the property of the apartment. The Landlord was going to be away for a few days because he took a vacation with his family. All residents had access to the cleaning room but, I knew most of the people in this building were elders. The other half of residents were business people so they never had time to do such things. I thought that since I had some free time I would take it amongst myself to help with the cleanup. It wasn’t too bad too because, we had larger trees in New Jersey and I always volunteered to do it at school. It took about an hour or so but, when the job was done I was happy with the result. I began to place the large bags of leaves into the garbage when I heard a car pull up behind me.

 

“Hard at work I see,” said a familiar voice.

 

I turned to see Akanishi again at my apartment. He was always visiting me and sneaking up like that. I wondered how paparazzi hasn’t caught him out in the public like this because, he was here I think almost every week since I began working with him. I smiled and waved at him as he got out the car.

 

“Running around the neighborhood, Akanishi-San. Shouldn’t you be busy with variety shows and all that,” I teased.

 

“I do have a busy schedule but I was able to squeeze in sometime before everything. By the way we are friends now so call me Jin not by my last name,” Akanishi teased me by rubbing my head.

 

“Okay Jin...then how are you today,” I laughed.

 

“Better now that I get to see you,” he began as he pulled me into his arms.

 

“Would you like to come inside since its so cool out,” I asked.

 

“I would love to.”

 

We made our way to the elevator and Akanishi kept his arms around me the entire ride up. My heart was beating like crazy again and I knew that the more he was around me I was falling for him. As much as I didn’t want to I couldn’t help myself but, I did worry me. After all I knew that not a lot of people would approved of it but, at the end of the day we were technically co workers. I worried about it so much but, I didn’t want this moment to end at all. As we walked down the hall Akanishi held my hand until we got into the apartment.

 

“Would you like anything to drink,” I asked.

 

“No, thank you,” he said as he went to sit on my couch, “I would love it if you came down to sit with me so we could talk for a bit.”

 

I joined Akanishi on the couch and wondered what he wanted to talk about; I figured he wanted to talk about what happened at the concert.

 

“So...last night,”

 

“You suprised me for sure, Jin. I know you and Kame have been going through a lot lately so when you kissed me I was so worried that Kame would come up and be upset with you being near me,” I began.

 

“Well I kissed you last night because, I wanted to show you how I felt about you. When I first met you I saw you as just another girl who would work with us. As time went on I didn’t expect to connect with you like this. You are also friends with Yamapi who is like a brother to me. The more time I spent with the two of you I learned so much about you and the night when the rainstorm happened I didn’t want to let you go,” he said.

 

“Akanishi...Jin...but you barely know all about me yet,”

 

“Well then I will continue to work alongside you and also learn more about you. I haven’t felt this way in so long and I really want to go the next step with you.”

 

“...But Kamenashi-San…”

 

“He’ll have to get use to it. I really want you to understand what I am saying. I have noticed your reactions too lately. I know you wanna try this too. Give me a chance, Jen and consider going out with me.”

 

His eyes were so content on me saying yes. I wanted to so bad but, was it too soon to feel this way about each other. We have only worked together for two and half months now. Maybe this was fate’s way of making me feel secure about living here in Japan. I know that it wasn’t going to be easy but, I knew what my heart wanted.

 

“Come on Jen...what do you say,” he asked again.

 

I took a deep breath and a smile came across my face, “I would like to know you more then what I know now. I am willing to take this further.”

Akanshi scooped me up into his arms and turned me to face him and said, “Well then you will be my girlfriend.”

 

I blushed at the thought of it but, here in this moment we made it clear that we were no longer friends. We were now a couple and who knows what would become of it. We both laughed a bit at it calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend. He ended up falling onto the couch and we cuddled up just talking about what came to our minds and what we needed to do in order to keep our relationship safe from the public. I was aware that we would have to be cautious but, I wasn’t sure how easy it was going to be. Akanishi reassured me that he would do all he could do to keep us both safe from harm.

 

“I can’t believe this is really happening,” I said.

 

“Here let me remind how real this is,” he said.

 

Jin gently placed me down and climbed on top of me. His lips pressed down onto my lips and we began to kiss. I pushed him back up now wrapped into his arms just kissing on the couch. This was really happening and I didn’t want it any other way. He finally stopped after a bit and I knew he had to go soon because of his busy schedule.

 

“I hate to see you go,” I said.

 

“Don’t worry we'll be together again before you know it. I have to go out now and I am going tell the rest of the band about it,” he said.

 

“Do you think Kame will be okay,” I asked.

 

“He’s gonna have to be. I told him I love him but, not in the way he wants me to anymore. It’s time for him to move on from this.”

 

“Alright then, I trust your word.”

 

I walked with Akanishi to my front door. He pushed me against the wall to the left and began to kiss me again. I giggled and began to kiss him back; I knew he had to leave but I couldn’t help myself. I tried to guide my hand towards the door and managed to grab a hold of the handle. I moved him away from the door a bit and opened it.

 

“You have to go. You can’t be late because of me,” I laughed.

 

“I guess you're going to be a good girlfriend. Making sure I do what I have to,” he laughed back.

 

He kissed me one last time before finally making his way to the elevator. I smiled and waved as I watch the elevator doors close. I slid down the door with a smile going from ear to ear on my face. I couldn’t believe that this was now my reality. I could never imagine this happening to me back in the states. If I didn’t get this job I would have began teaching dance classes in the lower eastside of New York. I was truly blessed to be experiencing all of this. Instead I work for an amazing company and have a boyfriend who is a Japanese idol. I knew from this moment on it was going to be a bit difficult but, Akanishi and I were going to do our best to keep this under wraps.

 

The Paparazzi

 

Kitagawa-San

 

&

 

Fans would have to not know what we felt for each other. Even though this was our beginning I knew that what we shared was something special and it would change my life forever.

-END OF CHAPTER 7-