Chapter 20: Hold On

Love & Dance [A KAT TUN FAN FIC]

It was a normal day truly; I wasn’t expecting much to go on. Today was suppose to be a simple quick trip to the bakery and then I would go to Jin’s mother’s house and cook dinner with her tonight. We were going to maybe talk about the babies on the way and have family board game night. All I had to do was cross the street and head left and the bakery would only be two stores down. On the way to the bakery I received a brief call from my fiance asking me to pick up a cake as well for dessert. That wouldn’t be a problem at all because, I was planning to surprise his mom with one anyways. It truly was a simple task to be accomplished and it all changed in such a split second. I heard a voice so familiar calling to me; yelling at me to get away. As I began to look up, I could see Kame and there was a panicked look upon his eyes. As he yelled I could see him pointing to my right so I turned my head to look. A bus was spiraling out of control because of the grim weather around and it was coming straight for me! When I saw the bus it was almost as if time stopped and I could no longer hear or move; my body was in a pure state of fear. I wanted to move out of the way but, something in my body would not start to go. In this moment all I could do was stand there, close my eyes, and pray that somehow I would survive this. Suddenly, I felt as if someone gently pushed me away and I landed into the arms of of someone. When I landed in those arms I suddenly came to and a rush of sound and people screaming surrounded me; was I dead?

 

I opened my eyes to see that I was back on the sidewalk and the bus had crashed into someone. There was blood on the front of the bus and when I looked down I saw a familiar face. It was Kame and he was hurt bad. My mind was suddenly rushed with all these thoughts seeing him on the ground. At first I couldn’t believe he would save me from this near death experience; Kame saved me and my unborn children from dying. He saved Akanishi the grief of losing three people in his life; instead he threw himself in the path of the bus. The crowd was screaming at the sight of his body just lying on the ground as his moaned and tried to move. My heart felt like it was going to stop just at the sight of his condition. His breaths were full of groans as he tried to force himself to open his eyes. I pushed the crowd out of the way lifting him onto my lap so he could get some sort of air into his lungs. As I helped him I could hear other people calling for an ambulance and water from the nearby shops. As I lifted his head to try and get some air into his lungs and try to comfort him. When he opened his eyes and met my own I began to cry, praying he wouldn’t die on me.

 

“KAME! KAME! You have to hold on for me okay…help is on its way” I said as tears came streaming down my face.

 

“Jen…I...I,” Kame managed to say.

 

“Don’t speak or move Kame you're losing too much blood,” I said crying.

 

Seeing Kame in this condition was hurting me and I would never wish something like this to happen. I know we have had a rough past but, I never wanted to see him hurt like this. I knew he was staying away trying to figure out how to apologize for all that has happened but, right now wasn’t the time for things like this to come up. His health and staying alive were the most important things to me right now. As help was on its way, Kame kept trying to move and his blood now began to soak into his shirt that stuck out from underneath my winter jacket.

 

“Kame please,” I said managed through tears.

 

In all of this chaos I could hear cameras flashing and people screaming Kame’s name. This wasn’t the time for them to interfere because, help needed to come for him. The traffic officer made his way through the crowd pushing people, paparazzi, and new reporters out the way. I held Kame onto my knees and he looked up at me trying to reach for my face now. His cold hand brushed my tears and he began to say something.

 

“I’m…so…sorry…for it…all”

 

His eyes suddenly shut for a moment as he continued to lay in my arms as the emergency crew began to hook up all kinds of things to insure his safety on the way of the hospital. They finally got him onto a strecher and I told the workers, that he was like family to me and I needed to go with him to the hospital. They insisted that I go with them anyways to ensure the safety of my pregnancy as well. As the doors shut and the ambulance began to head off to the hospital his eyes opened briefly again and then he reached out to me with one of his hands. I quickly reach out to him as well and held onto him as well as he faded into unconsciousness once again. I had one hand in Kame’s and the other on my stomach; the babies were wiggling around a lot probably because, I was a bit nervous and all that was occurring around us. I knew I had to calm myself a bit because I knew I couldn’t put such stress on them.  I just hoped that Kame would be okay. I wanted Kame to live and be there with all of us.I know that if he died in this moment, Akanishi would be heartbroken because, they have always been close and their friendship is strong.Sure that affair they had damaged a piece  of their friendship but, Akanishi told me that before I came back Kame came to him and apologized for his actions. Not only would Jin be sad but, his fans, Kame’s family, Johnny, KAT TUN, and not to forget all the other friends he had made in JE.

 

 

We finally arrived at the Saint Luke’s Hospital here in Tokyo and they rushed Kame in as quick as they can. They assured to me that they would do their best to save his life but,  they told me to go over to a smaller room so I can be briefly checked by a doctor. They wanted to make sure that we were all okay in this traumatic situation. The doctor knew I didn’t want to be in there long because, he knew I had to get in touch with everyone about Kame’s condition (but, I am sure it was all over the web already)  All was well with us; not a scratch was left on my body. The doctors said to just calm down so I wouldn’t put pressure on the baby but, to try and calmly get in touch with those who needed to be in contact about Kame’s condition. I left the emergency area and headed to a seating area in the main lobby where I could get in contact with everyone because, this was going to be crazy now. When I called Johnny he was already aware because, reporters were calling into the headquarters to confirm if it was Kame in the accident. He refused to comment until he heard from someone...which was me. Johnny said he wouldn’t comment for now to keep the hospital safe from paparazzi and that the proper members of his family could be there. I could hear someone suddenly screaming at Johnny and it was his secretary screaming that it was now on the news with video and more reporters were calling in to confirm what had occurred. He said he would call me later on to check in on Kame’s condition but, for now he had to release a brief statement. Johnny also told me if I could call Jin and the rest of KAT TUN to let them know and that was something I was going to do on my own.

 

I hung up the phone and called our home from to reach Jin. He was the first person I needed to speak to. I honestly knew he needed to be here for Kame and not only that, I needed him too.

 

 

“Hello,” Jin said half awake

 

“Jin, I’m at the hospital," I said as I tried to fight back crying again.

 

WHAT?! WHY?! What's going on,” Jin asked trying to understand me.

 

“Kame…it’s Kame, Jin. He was hit by a bus; the roads were slippery and the bus was coming towards me. Kame got me out of the way and put himself in front of it,” I began, “I don’t know if he’s okay Jin. I have been here waiting and the doctor’s haven’t said anything. Jin, I am so worried for Kame.”

 

I could hear him moving around stuff into the living room and turning up the volume on the TV. I could hear the newscast talking about Kame’s accident and how they were about to show graphic content from the accident. I could hear Jin gasp and start crying on the other side of the line; he was hysterically crying. I could also hear the sound of him texting; he probably letting everyone know the news.

 

“Everyone is JE is figuring it out…Johnny-San confirmed it was Kame and that nothing is known at the present time as well.Oh my God Kame...Junno, Koki, Ueda, Maru….they are texting me too. They are heading on their way to the hospital now. I will be there too. I have to know that Kame is okay. We are going to be there until we hear what’s wrong with him,” Jin said  in between his tears, “I’m on my way now.”

 

Jin was the first to arrive at the hospital and I could see he was hurting. Tears were streaming down his face and he gently put me into his arms. I could feel him crying heavily as hearing him cry made me as well. Kame’s life was in a critical state and I knew he was scared to lose him. Soon after the rest of KAT TUN was here and we were all holding onto each other praying that Kame was going to be okay. Right now this is all we could do for him and hope that things would get better from here. Right now we had to be strong for Kame as he would want us to be and he would be strong for us if it was one of us. Kame, you can survive this, I prayed.

 

                                                                               

 

The doctors had come to us for just a few moments to let us know that they had Kame in surgery. They were able to stabilize Kame’s breathing and that he had a few broken ribs in his body. They were surprised that he didn’t sustain more damage to his bones but, they needed to more to him. Their biggest concern right now was that somewhere in his body he had internal bleeding and they were trying to pinpoint its location and how to stop it. To all of us that were in the waiting room these words didn’t make us happy at all. We were glad to know that he was still alive. The part that worried all of us was the bleeding. His body was injured somewhere and the doctors couldn’t locate it right now. If it is not found Kame can die from it. He still had a lot of surgery to go so, we continued to pray for him.

 

Evening  slowly fell upon on and still no word on Kame’s condition. Kame’s family coudn’t  make it out to the hospital right now so they asked if we could stay for a while. Apparently his mother had a panic attack and fainted herself and was rushed to a local hospital near their home. Kame’s father asked if Jin and I could care for Kame until his wife was okay. We agreed and told him we were planning on waiting until Kame was okay in the first place. Outside the hospital a small crowd of fans waited for any news on his condition and they stood with pictures and candles of him, praying that he would be okay.

 

Akanishi had brought his laptop to keep updating fans with any information that he could. Kame’s fans all over the world prayed that he would be okay and that we would post a message in online forums, the fansite and Twitter hoping he would be okay.

 

“Kazuya…,” Junno cried into his hands.

 

It was the first time I ever heard Junno cry. I could tell the wait was getting to KAT TUN because, they all sat close to each other holding each other’s hands. Akanishi’s head laid against Ueda’s shoulder with tears just streaming down.

 

Jin was hurt badly and it killed me to see him like this. I could tell this was hard for him and I wasn’t sure how much more sadness he could take. His eyes were bloodshot and I bet all he wanted to do was see his best friend. They have known eachother for such a long time that something like this would definitely kill the other’s heart. Sure Akanishi loves me but deep down the love of a friendship is just as powerful. Losing a friend can change your world forever. The person who knew all of your secrets and dreams. A person who helped you when your world would come crashing down; they are the ones you want in your life no matter what. You never want to see anyone you love pass away. Although this is what Fate does to us sometimes, none of us wanted Kame to pass away.

 

“Kame will pull through…we…we just gotta keep believing in him because if it was one of us in this situation Kame would be doing the same thing,” Jin said in between tears.

 

“He would want us to think like that,” Koki sighed.

 

“Kame is the youngest which worries me so much. He’s so young for something like this to happen. I don’t want him to die,” Ueda said crying harder now.

 

“He will be okay, Ueda…we just got to believe in him.” said Maru.

 

“I’m trying but it’s so hard to,” Ueda mumbled.

 

“It really is Ueda but we gotta try,” Koki sighed.

 

“Mmhhmm,” was all Junno could say.

 

“That’s why we are doing this together,” Jin cried.

 

A few hours Later…

 

Hours earlier they had moved us all into a private room where families would go and relax as they waited for further news. There were couches and beds for everyone to lay down on and try to clear their minds. We had all fallen asleep resting our bodies for the long road ahead. Even Ryo and Yampi had come earlier to check in on Kame. Ryo also took the time to apologize for some things that happened in the past. I didn’t really understand what he meant so I forgave him. When I woke up it was close to ten o’clock at night now. I carefully got out of the room and wandered the halls and the doctors were still nowhere in sight. We had been here for a few hours now; when were they going to tell us anything? I also looked outside and I could see fans still waiting in packs. They didn’t care that it was so cold outside and that they would freeze. I spoke to a worker with a special request and they worker agreed with what I was about to do. I couldn’t bare to see them stand out there like that and I put on my jacket and went to check up on them.

 

“Eh? It’s Jen-Chan…what are you doing outside, is there any news on Kamenashi-San,” a young girl asked from the crowd.

 

“No not at all right now we are still awaiting news but, I did get permission from the hospital to allow you inside. Please join me in the cafeteria for some warm drinks and food. You have been here a majority of the night. I am sure Kame is glad to have fans like you who have stod out here like this praying for him. I am sure your prayers are reaching him. Please, come inside and have a warm meal on me on behalf of Kame,” I said.

 

“Thank you so much for such a kind offer,” the fans said happily as they  went inside.

 

As I turned to the right there were also a small group of paparazzi waiting putting their cameras down surprised with how I was treating the young fans. They looked cold too and I couldn’t turn away from them; they deserved nourishment as well. Even though they could be annoying at times I couldn’t turn away from them.

 

I turned towards the paparazzi and also smiled to them too, “You may also go inside and have something on me; you shouldn’t be the only ones left outside.”

 

“T-Thank you so very much.”

 

I knew I had just surprised them after all the drama they had cause me over the time of my relationship with Jin. I had killed them with kindness and I am sure after today I would have their respect. I would hope from my small charitable act, they would give Jin and I a bit of space. Before heading back upstairs I spoke with the fans and the small group of reporters asking them about their lives and getting to know them. They were all so kind and from different walks of life. I admired each of them truly and wish them well wishes and the best of success. Some were also so happy to see my belly and asking if I knew what I was having. I told them I didn’t know the of the twins but, I would be happy with whatever I was given. A few of them asked to feel my bump and were surprised when they felt the movements from the babies. I even took a few photos and wrote a few encouraging messages for those who stayed as a way of thanking them for being here for Kame. After spending a half hour with them I kindly excused myself saying I needed to get back to Jin and the others. They all thanked me for my time and generosity towards them. They also  took this as a time to head to their homes for the evening.

 

As I finally headed up the stairs I felt someone lay their head against my shoulder from behind me. It was Jin with his hands rested on my stomach and I could feel the babies moving around. It seemed to me they were aware of their father’s presence and it brought joy to me. Through such a grim time, I was able to feel a bit of happiness.

 

“That was very kind of you to offer them such a treat that they would have never expected,” Jin said.

 

“It hurt me to see them suffering out there like that. It wasn’t fair,” I replied.

 

“This is why I love you so very much. Its little things like this that show you always think of others and that’s what worries me sometimes. You put others lives before yourself...Are you doing okay during these crazy things,” Jin asked.

 

“Yeah I feel alright,” I said.

 

“But Kame is still on your mind isn’t he,” Jin asked.

 

“Yes,” I admitted.

 

“Me too. I am sure we will hear something soon,” Jin sighed.

 

“Excuse me,” a voice said from the corner of the room.

 

I looked towards the door to see a doctor standing there. He was an older man with a face of stone. He had no expression in his face which worried me on Kame. What was he going to say? Was Kame good or bad?

 

“Yes,” I said desperate to hear anything.

 

“Is this the party for Kamenashi Kazuya,” the doctor asked.

 

“Yes is he okay,” Jin asked.

 

 “Well we almost lost him a couple of hours ago but, we were able to revive him. Kame has now been placed in a room where we would like to watch over for him for a while. No permanent damage to him but just some broken ribs and a few injuries to his head. We were able to stop the bleeding as well and we hope that all shall be well soon,” the doctor said.

 

“Thank you so much for all you have done for Kame today,” I said.

 

“Anytime,” the doctor said leaving the room.

 

The doctor also let us know that he was awake and usually during these times they don’t allow visitors. Since we have waited all this time he felt we should see Kame. Kame had been asking for all of us in the first place so he would let us all go to him. Jin woke everyone up so we could go to where Kame was.

Kame’s Room…

 

“Kame-San,” I said walking into the room carefully with everyone else.

 

“Jen! You’re here,” Kame said surprised.

 

Everyone came running in and they were happy to see him; as Kame was happy to see them as well. Jin went to Kame right away with tears of joy in his eyes. I could see that Kame was near tears too when he saw Jin here in the hospital room. The two of them were crying just happy to each other okay. Jin tried to gently hugged him cursing him out that if he ever let something happen like this again that he would knock him out. Kame agreed while crying into his shoulder. Seeing the two of them happy like this truly brought tears into my eyes but, I truly was happy to see that Kame was okay.

 

“I’m sorry for frightening you all the way I did but, I am okay now and I hope that it didn’t stress you out too much,” Kame said.

 

“Psssh not at all,” I teased.

 

“I would also like to say sorry Jenna for the pain I caused you a few months ago. Back then I was extremely selfish and I knew what I did was wrong and I shouldn’t have done the things I did. I truly want to be a friend to you. I wanna be someone you can trust when you can’t always reach Jin. I know I’ve said this once in the past...but I truly mean it this time. I never want to hurt you like that again,” Kame sighed.

 

Hearing him say all this truly brought so many emotions through me. He was the one in the hospital bed and he was more worried about me right now. He wasn’t worried about his well being but, healing up a horrible situation from the past. Of course I was going to forgive him and give him a second chance; everyone deserves one.

 

“No worries, Kame the actions you did today proved how amazing of a person you are to me. If it wasn’t for you my children and I may have not lived. Thank you for what you have done” I said hugging him.

 

Kame hugged me back and said, “You’re welcome…I’ll save you anytime from danger. After all you and Akanishi mean so much to me; I won’t let anything ever happen like this again. I promise...”

 

-END OF chapter 20-