Chapter 3: A friendship Grows

Love & Dance [A KAT TUN FAN FIC]

Today is one of those days where I can finally have a moment to breathe. Its been about two weeks since I have been assigned to working with KAT TUN and I have to say I have been having the time of my life. This group is so energetic and fun to dance with; not to mention I have an amazing group of other female dancers to work with. The experience here in Japan so far has been super enlightening and I feel like I am on top of the world. In the two weeks I have lived in Japan, today was my first day off where I could do what I want. Johnny felt that since we’ve been working so hard lately that he gave us three days off to do what we wanted to do. I was trying to think of all the things this country was known for; I just couldn’t figure out what to do yet.

 

My first plan was to clean this apartment because it wasn’t looking so pleasant. I am not saying I have made a mess of this place but, when you are a working girl you tend to not dust as much as you should. I could see some forming and I know its not healthy to leave this all  around. A healthy environment keeps me feeling okay too because, I can’t afford to get sick from the dust because I am a JE Dancer. I couldn’t let my dance team or KAT TUN down. Also with some down time today I was able to get some laundry done and hang it on the linen line. It took just a few hours or so and my house was completely spotless. Job well done, I thought as I took a moment to crash on the couch.

 

In the time I have worked along KAT TUN I have only had a few conversations with them. A lot of the dancers tried to get to know them but, with our busy schedules and all we would only get to learn about our partners within the group. Working alongside Akanishi we would only talk about dancing and how he joined the group. I figured with the free time I had I could do some research about the group and maybe learn a few things about them from biographies, interviews, fan information, and also by the music I created. I felt as if I did some of this it can  help build a bond with them so they would feel comfortable around me and we could have maybe a few casual conversations.

 

According to my research KAT TUN was originally a dance group for JE. They became so popular among fangirls all over Japan and Johnny knew that he had to make them a band for his company. In 2006, they finally debuted and from there they became popular already having concerts at the Tokyo Dome. Also, that same year Akanishi temporarily left KAT TUN to study English in America so he was sent to a college out in L.A. Six months later he returned to the group where he has been since and in a few months they would be releasing more music because their latest CD, Queen Of Pirates would be coming out very soon. The same album that I would help promote as a dancer in their tour. I couldn’t believe how successful KAT TUN truly was and I was so proud to be working alongside them. Not only were they so successful but their music and acting skills were so amazing too; these guys were truly talented.

 

After doing all the hard research I thought I would look up how fans viewed them; from examples of how they acted on variety shows and also I watched videos from their show CARTOON KAT TUN. Not only were they funny on this show but, to read the comments from the fans and also all the different screenshots they had. It was crazy to see how many photos these fans would post and also some of the things they researched. One thing I kept seeing among the sites was, Team Akame. I didn’t wanna dwell too much about it so I left it alone for now. My eyes were getting tired of staring at my computer screen for too long.

 

When I looked up I realised I had spent a few good hours on this internet. It was already getting late I needed to take a shower and then make some dinner. Considering all the cleaning and research I did today I was very proud of myself. I don’t know if some of the other dancers were dwelling into the group as much as I have done today but, I felt like it was the right thing to do. Who knows maybe my research would come in handy someday.

The Next Day

Narihibiita

keitai denwa

iya na yokan ga mune wo yogiru

Reisei ni nare yo

mi amigo…*

 

Wow, my phone was so loud and it startled me for sure. My cellphone was playing that tune so loudly I had fallen out of my bed. I rubbed my back because I hit it rather nicely on my nightstand. Although it was a surprise I was going to be happy to answer it. I knew it would make me happy because, when that ringtone went off it meant that Yamapi was calling me.

 

“Hello,” I answered.

 

“Hi Jen-Chan! Oh my gosh, did I just wake you up you sound a bit sleepy,” Yamapi began.

 

“No its quite alright...really I my alarm was set to wake me up in a few minutes. How is your day going so far?”

“I am sooooo bored and no one in newS wants to do anything with me today.They all have busy schedules and I am sitting at home bored out of my mind. Are you free today because, I could totally use someone to shop with.”

 

“I would love to,” I exclaimed,” I just got my paycheck from Johnny yesterday for my work so far...so shopping sounds like a blast.”

 

“Okay well I will let you get ready then. I will come pick you up in a hour okay. I will see you soon,” Yamapi said as he hung up.

 

I couldn’t believe it that I was going out today and I was going to hang out with my new friend Yamapi. Yamapi and I began talking as friends since the incident with Matsumoto. I haven’t really had time to spend with him since then because, we have two different schedules.Not only that but, he is a popular pop star; for me to hang outside of his working environment was truly an honor on its own.

 

I kept my outfit simple since the weather was cool out. I wore a comfortable long sleeve black shirt,a light blue skirt, black leggings, boots, and of course matching accessories. Not only did I do all that but I had matching blue eyeshadow and cool makeup to compliment my look. I figured this would be comfortable enough to wear and look stylish and casual when hanging out with a megastar like Yamapi. I heard a car pull outside of my dorm.

 

JEN-CHAAAN! Come on we are gonna have a blast today,” Yamapi shouted.

 

I quickly ran out the door grabbing my phone and bag dashing to Yamapi’s car. I didn’t want to startle the neighbors with his silliness so I figured the faster I got to the car the better it would be for the neighbors.

 

Just like the other day Yamapi looked as cool as ever. He was always dressed so stylish even though he had a more casual look. He wore a beige sweatshirt with a hoodie in the back, dark blue jeans, and a matching pair of sneakers. He also had a messenger bag and sunglasses (which I guessed helped disguise him from paparazzi and fans) to complete the look.

 

As I entered his car he gave me a warm hug and said, “You look awesome. Love the blue you are wearing. It bring out your eyes. So are you ready for the fun day I have planned? ”

 

I nodded and Yamapi put his foot on the gas, rearing to go who knows where. I figured we would be doing something within the Tokyo Area since it was what we were surrounded by. Our day began visiting The Mori Art Museum which was right in Roppongi. Yamapi had spoke to me on the phone about things I liked and he knew one of my favorite things besides dancing was art. This museum had a lot of contemporary pieces. Not a lot of people like contemporary art but, I find it the most interesting because, art is forever changing and as time goes on so do the styles. That’s why contemporary art thrills me the most and seeing this museum today was truly an a trip worth remembering.

 

We ended up heading to Shibuya afterwards to see the sights of the area. When we got to the crosswalk by the station my mind thought of every Japanese drama I had ever seen. Most romantic scenes happened in this area and the inner me thought wouldn’t it be lovely to see the man of my dreams here? I shook the thought out of my head and followed Yamapi down the street. I couldn’t help but to admire how well his disguise was. It really wasn’t too much of one but in the time we have been hanging out today not one fan or paparazzi member has bothered him. Maybe things were a little different in Japan then America; maybe they let their stars have easygoing lives when the cameras were off. All of a sudden Yamapi’s phone began to ring so he answered it.

 

“Moshi Moshi...HEY! Akanishi-Kun how are you? Yeah I am...I am with a friend who also knows you. No not Ryo...but Jen your dancer. Wanna join us today? Sweet come meet us at Rakuen Cafe okay. See you soon,” Yamapi said as he hung up his phone.

 

”Akanishi is joining us,” I asked surprised.

 

“Yeah Jin is one of my best friends in the entire world and he was thrilled to hang out with both of us,” Yamapi smiled.

 

“Well then let’s get going,” I smiled as we made our way to the cafe.

 

Rakuen was a very cute cafe which served sushi and simple traditional Japanese dishes. Not only was it a cute place but the style had a very modern feel. It seemed people of all ages ate here and had a lovely time. Soon after we sat down I saw Akanishi walk in; he also had a very casual look today. He had a black jacket on with a white shirt and grey jeans. He also wore a Fedora, sunglasses and a cool necklace in the shape of a globe; it even had all the continents on it.

 

“Jen-Chan it is good to see you again,” he said as he sat next to Yamapi.

 

“It’s great to see you too Akanishi-Sempai,” I replied, “I had no idea you and Yamapi were such great friends.”
 

“Me and Bakanishi go way back,” Yamapi teased.

 

“Watch it you,” Akanishi said poking him in the arm.

 

While we sat together I got to learn a lot about the two of them. Akanishi talked a lot more about his life living in L.A and how jealous Yamapi was when Jin went. Not only did we discuss that but, how they grew close over the years from trainee days, I couldn’t believe that they were friends for so long. They seemed to be so close even brother like at times. I envied their friendship so much. I never had friends like that back at the Academy. Most girls had form cliques so I never fit into any of them. Akanishi and Yamapi asked what life was like for me growing up. I told them a bit of my story without making it too depressing but they hung out to every word I had told them.

 

“So prior to moving here you’ve always been on your own. You didn’t have to many friends to hang out with,” Akanishi sighed.

 

“Not to mention how you spoke of the few trips you had to go to for school. You’ve really never hung out for fun and if it did it was on your own,” Yamapi asked.

 

“It really wasn’t that bad at all. I would visit the city since it was a subway ride away and visit the museums and libraries to pass the time. It truly wasn’t that bad,” I explained.

 

“Well we are gonna change that right now and do more things together to make you feel happy to be here,” Akanishi smiled.

 

After eating our meals Akanishi and Yamapi took me shopping at a few stores. They dressed me up like a model (which I thought was so crazy) and then we went to this large arcade to play games. I always loved to play video games. One of my favorite Japanese games growing up was Tekken, The two of them tried to challenge me to a few rounds but each time I beat them.

 

“How are you so good at this game,” Jin yelled.

 

“I played this all the time in America. It’s my favorite game,” I laughed.

 

Shortly after playing Yamapi had a sudden call from his sister. It seemed his mother wasn’t feeling too well and had to cut home right away. Akanishi didn’t want the day to end so he offered to take me back to my apartment later on. I insisted that it was ok to end the day here but he had one more thing planned for today. I didn’t wanna argue with him and Yamapi insisted that I enjoy a day out.

 

“So what did you have in mind to do before I head back to my dorm,” I asked.

 

Akanishi pointed to a print machine and said, “Let’s take a picture together! After all we had a fun day and I want to make you feel happy. Consider me your new friend too and as we work together I want you to feel like you finally have something to keep you happy when you are feeling down. Yamapi and I will always be there for you.”

 

I blushed at his kinds words; no one has cared as much as he and Yamapi were. Sure I had professors and Mr. Morgan but, this was truly different. We huddled closed into the machine and took our picture. We both added a ton of stickers to the photo and patiently waited for it to come out.

 

“So, did you have fun today,” Jin asked.

 

“Yes more than I could ever imagine,” I smiled.

 

 

  -END OF CHAPTER 3-

 

**The song in the ringtone is Seishun Amigo