Chapter 10: A Fresh Start

Love & Dance [A KAT TUN FAN FIC]

Last night was a blur; all I could remember was running into Akanishi crying hysterically in his arms. Crying to him about how sad I was and how we were going to grow apart if I had to move back to America. My head was throbbing so much and there was a heavy feeling pressing down on my lungs. I slowly opened my eyes to see myself laying in my bed. I wasn’t laying within my covers; it seemed I had fallen asleep in my clothes from last night. As I tried to sit up I felt my hand press down on something hard. I turned to my right to see that Akanishi was passed out on my bed as well. He must have taken me home when I was hysterical and crashed here as well. His hair was all curly from being out in the rain too. I smiled at the sight of him but, my heart still ached with the feeling of what happened the evening before. I was really worried what I was going to do from this point on.

 

I gently rubbed my hand on his chest to see if he would wake up. He groaned and tried to wriggle around. My hands began to gently touch his curly hair as he slept. His eyebrow twitched and slowly his eyes opened up. At first he looked so tired but a smile come across his face. He sat up halfway then laid his head onto my lap. He looked up towards me holding one of my hands.

 

“Good morning,” he said sleepily.

 

“Good morning,” I began, “Did you bring  me home last night?”

 

“Mhmm...You were crying so much your body began to shake. You had stressed yourself out so bad you went into a panic attack and passed out. I put you into my car and brought you here. You scared me so bad, baby. You didn’t move at all and I didn’t know what to do. You were breathing so I didn’t take you to the hospital but, I couldn’t leave you alone. You had so many nightmares last night. I held you close all night till you calmed down a few hours ago. When you were calm I guess I just crashed asleep right next to you.” he said.

My face flushed in embarrassment that something like that happen. He had such dark circles under his eyes. I must have stressed him out and worried him so much. I had no idea that I had nightmares last night. Apparently I was sleep walking too he began to explain. As I followed him out into the living room there were newspapers scattered everywhere with red circles all over. He said I woke up around 2 a.m and began to read the section where they post help wanted. He said between this section and the housing section I was going nuts. I don’t remember a moment of this but, I guess my nervous mind was on the lookout to find a job and a new apartment soon. I felt embarrassed about my actions but, he said not to worry because he didn’t think less of me for it.

 

“You were nervous and Johnny gave you news that you weren’t really expecting to hear. I know it must have been hard on you,” he said hugging me.

 

“I am still a little shocked about what he said but, seeing all this is rather shocking too. I have to start packing and getting out of here. He wants me out of here by the end of the week and this isn’t going to be an easy transition,” I sighed.

 

“It can be easy if you just move in with me,” Jin said.

 

I turned around to him quickly and just looked at him stunned. Did he say what I think he said. Jin wants me to move into his apartment with him? No that’s not what he said did he, I thought to myself. His expression never changed. His eyes were speaking the truth. It would be the easiest way to move on from this apartment but, would he really want me there in the first place. I didn’t want to disrupt his life at all and I wasn’t sure how people would feel about me moving in with him.

 

“Are you sure about that. I wouldn’t want to intrude on your life like that. I can find my own place in a few days. I couldn’t do that to you,” I said.

 

“Just do it, babe. We can be together more often and you wouldn’t have to worry about me sneaking over here anymore. You can be free to live with me. To be honest...I wanted to ask you soon anyway. There’s so much I want to experience with you and having you close like this would mean the world to me. Plus there is another thing I want to do with you,” he began.

 

“And that is,”

 

“I want to introduce you to my family. About two months ago, I told my mother I was interested in a girl and she was so happy to hear. As the time went on whenever I would go to visit her and my family I couldn’t stop talking about you. We’re close to dating half a year and unlike Johnny she approves of me being in a relationship. She knows to keep it hidden from the press as well for my safety and yours. Like I said there is so much I wanna do with you and these are two things I really want to make happen,” he finished.

 

My stomach felt like a million butterflies were fluttering inside of me. Akanishi was truly serious about his decision. I was really shocked that he really wanted to make this dream become a reality. What shocked me more was that his family was aware of me these past three months and I had no idea. I know he spent a lot of time with them and I was surprised they were curious to meet me. What made me nervous was that I was a foreigner and not Japanese like them. I know it was a silly reason to feel this way. He could see the worry in my face and gently touched my shoulder.

 

“If you’re worried about them judging you don’t worry. She knows that your Spanish and she actually admired that about you. That drew her in even more believe it or not,” he laughed.

 

“I had no idea that you felt this way about me. I have always had a special place for you in my heart. I guess I am not use to being treated this way so much. You truly are the best thing that has happened to me,” I smiled.

 

“So..is that a yes to meet my family and move in with me,” Jin asked.

 

“Si, mi amor...I will move in with you,” I smiled.

 

Jin scooped me up into the air and spun me around. His face was filled with pure excitement. My heart and soul was filled with the same feelings. I never imagine we would be doing something so major like this but, he really wanted me. Not only would I have a place to live but, I would be meeting the most important people in his life. As we were happy in this moment Jin began to get so silly. He was insisting that we go out now and go to the nearest shipping store and pick up brown boxes so we could start moving my stuff into his apartment. I had about four days to be completely moved out of this apartment so his idea was the best option. We decided to each clean up and change our clothes before heading out for the day. We each to our respective turns in the bathroom before heading out for the day.  It was a good thing he left an outfit behind the first night he stayed here or else he would have to go back to his place. Once we were cleaned up it was time to get ready for the big move.

 

A Few Days Later...

 

We finally had the final box packed up and we were finally ready to head to his apartment. I honestly didn’t have a lot to bring to his apartment. Most of the things given to me in this apartment were given to me by Kitagawa-San. I had packed up my clothes, shoes, bags, manga, video games, and my books. The rest was left for the next people to move into. Jin took the boxes to the car and said he would wait for me so that the residents of the apartment wouldn’t see me leaving with him. After all, we were still keeping things hidden as best as we could. The landlord wish me the best with my future endeavors and some of the elders I spoke to everyday where sad to see me go. One of the ladies I always spoke to handed me a buddhist charm necklace to wish me luck on my future journeys. I thanked her for such a gift and bowed goodbye to her one last time.

 

I ducked quickly into Akanishi’s car as we headed to his apartment. I carefully looked out the window as we drove through the streets of Tokyo. Being in his car today I was seeing things I had never seen before. Akanishi lived about 20 minutes away from where I lived in Akasaka; he lived in Roppongi Hills. He told me that from his apartment you could see the Tokyo Tower. If I ever wanted to walk to see the tower it would only be a ten minute walk. Roppongi Hills was a bit different from the area I lived in but you could see businesses and luxury apartments striving in this area. I felt a little out of place moving to this area but, it would be something different for sure. We pulled into the garage of the apartment there. We were greeted by a security guard there who took my boxes and Jin instructed him to have them brought up to our apartment. The man agreed and headed off to do the task. I could have done it easily myself but, we had to head to the front service desk first.

 

Sitting at the desk was a young lady. She stood up and bowed kindly at Jin.

 

“Good Afternoon Akanishi-San, how may I be of service,” she asked.

 

“Nana-Chan, I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend,” he said to her quietly.

 

Jin,” I said poking him in shock that he was introducing me to someone.

 

“You don’t have to worry about Nana saying anything to anyone. She is a family friend of mine so you don’t have to worry alright,” he laughed.

 

“Ah, I see,” I mumbled embarrassed, “Hello Nana it nice to meet you.”

 

“I am so glad to meet you. Jin talks about you so much. I knew I was bound to meet you at sometime. Jin had me make a custom key for you. Whenever you want to come and go from this apartment you now have access to,” she smiled.

 

I thanked her for the key and we continued to talk to eachother. It turns out that Nana was the daughter of a woman who was best friends with Jin’s mother. They also grew up in school together. Nana teased saying she knew embarrassing stories of Jin from when he was little. Jin tried to make noises so I wouldn’t have to hear the silly stories. The two of us ending up laughing at him because, he was acting so immature about it. I said goodbye to her for now as we headed up the elevator to his apartment.

 

“Are you ready for this,” Jin said as the elevator came to a stop.

 

“Yeah,” I said nervously.

 

“Cover your eyes,” he whispered into my ear.

 

I covered my eyes as he gently guided me down a small hallway. I heard him place his keys into the door and I felt him gently lead me inside as the door shut behind us. The apartment had such a sweet smell lingering in the air; it smelt like Lavender and Cherry Blossoms everywhere. Jin still had me covering my eyes and he guided me again to what I believe was the center of the room.

 

“So before I have you open your eyes. I told a little white lie about the apartment. We are in a apartment but, it isn’t a small room. My place happens to be the penthouse of this apartment. This home has two floors so, don’t be too shocked okay. You can uncover your eyes,” he said.

 

As I opened my eyes I was surrounded by pure elegance. Akanishi wasn’t kidding about his apartment, it was definitely the largest home I had ever seen in my life. We were in the living right now which had a black and white concept of furniture. Throughout the room splashes of red vases, pillows, and plants accented the room. Behind the living room there was a kitchen loaded with glass shelves and items. To the front I could see a large glass window which showed the city sky. I could see the Tokyo Tower not too far in the distance. Long red curtains hung on this window that had a long string to pull them shut. There was a doorway in the glass which lead to an outside balcony full of tea lights, exotic plants, a dining area and a jacuzzi off the far right. This penthouse looked like something out of a magazine. I was so astonished that I would be living in such a beautiful place.

 

“So do you like it,” he asked.

 

“Its beautiful,” I said turning back to him.

 

When  I turned back he had a bouquet of bright red and pink roses for me. He hand them to me. They were so beautiful and they smelt so sweet; I had never seen such beautiful roses like the ones he just handed me. He pulled me into his arms and began to kiss my lips. I gently place the roses onto the table next to me and wrapped myself around him. He leaned me gently onto the couch and began to lay on top of me. He kissed me feverishly as he always did and his hands traveled up and down my thighs. I began to wrap my legs around his hips as we continued to kiss. The passion I shared with him always felt so real and genuine. We finished kissing and looked each other in the eyes.

“Do you wanna see the upstairs now,” he managed to say in between breaths.

I nodded as we made our way up the stairs. when you came up the stairs a mini living room spread out was there. There was a guitar on the side, large bookshelves, and art pieces on the wall there too. To the right there was a office setup. Jin said that was where he did his business work, written songs, and where he read scripts for dramas. He had a few longer couches up here as well for I guess relaxing and entertaining guests. Either way the layout was lovely so I couldn’t imagine how lovely his room looked like. There was a long hallway to the right and at the very end was a door leading to the bedroom. It was a simply modern styled room full of beige and black colored pieces of furniture. There was a large section of four rectangular windows; each were covered by this curtain. When you opened them the view of the Tokyo Tower was right in the center of all the buildings. To the left were two doors ways; each of them were walk in closets. He had one full of his stuff and the second one was completely empty.

 

“And that one is for you,” he explained.

 

“All of that is mine,” I gasped, “But I don’t have that much stuff.”

 

“You will in time my love,” he laughed.

 

A part of me then realised this room was for the both of us. I knew that usually when people move in together generally you will always share a room with them. I am not saying I was expecting to have a room of my own, I just thought that it was a little soon for us. Then again are almost a year together already so maybe the time was right. I overthink things a lot so sometimes I don’t realize good or bad things until they happen. A large part of my heart believe this is the right thing to do in the first place. We have fallen asleep next to each other before so I shouldn’t be too scared laying next to him. At least we could cuddle more, I thought to myself.

 

“So what do you think of it all,” Jin asked.

 

“This is so beautiful...I can’t believe I will be staying here with you,” I replied.

 

“Well of course you will...You are my girlfriend and this is your home too now. Now before you even ask don’t worry about rent or anything, you will not be paying it. Having you here with me is payment enough. I am not just saying this because, you don’t have a job right now but, because this is how I want it to be. You’ve worked so hard lately that you haven’t had a moment to relax. Let me take care of you now,” he explained.

 

I was shocked but he was so sincere about this. He joked about it too saying that I could repay him by my amazing cooking he liked. Luckily I was a good cook and he wouldn’t about getting fat from it. I tend to make sure things are healthy at all times. What worried me right now was that I really want to get working again. I hate sitting around so when I was settled in here I am gonna start looking for a job again. No matter what I wanna get back into the game. For now I had to get myself together here.

 

“Oh and one more thing. This didn’t really work out in my favor but,  because I am gonna be busy with KAT TUN for the next two weeks I arranged for us to go to my parents home tonight. So once we’re unpacked and cleaned up here you are coming with me to meet them,” Jin said as we brought some boxes into the room.

 

“Eh?!” I gasped, “What should I wear?”

 

I began to nervously look through my box of formal clothes but, Jin’s gentle hands closed the lid. He pointed behind the door. There was a light blue dress hanging there with a black belt in the center. The bottom was all different shades of blue. I looked up at him laughing because, I wasn’t expecting him to do that for me. I guess he really did think ahead of some of the crazier things. He even had a pair of flats and jewelry for me on the dress.

 

“You didn’t have to do that,” I laughed.

 

“Its your favorite color though right so shush,” he teased tossing a sweater at my face.

 

YOU’RE SUCH A BRAT,” I laughed tossing a blouse at him.

 

“You should watch yourself,” he replied.

 

“Why,” I said sticking my tongue out at him, “What are you going to do about it.”

 

“This,” he said leaning on top of me pinning me to the ground.

 

Jin was now above me giving me such a sinister look. His body was along mine and he began to kiss my neck. All I could do was giggle because he can be silly. I tried to pull him off me because I didn’t need a mark on my neck. Especially if I am meeting his parents tonight. I want them to like me for me and not because I am the girl there son is currently linked to dating. He stopped and began to kiss my lips. I guess its okay to just be like this for a little while, I thought.

 

Later That Night ...

 

“Babe you look fine. Just come out of the bathroom already,” Jin complained.

 

“I am just fixing my eyeliner,” I replied back.

 

I was so nervous to be doing this tonight; I honestly never expected to meet them. A lot of people now don’t really spend time with their significant other’s family. Or maybe I am not sure how it works considering I have never really had a true family. Jin is so family oriented at times I envy that. He loves the idea of parents and children; things of that nature. Growing up at The Academy I was use to seeing all the other girls and boys with their family. I had a family friend raise me only two years after my parent’s death. I wondered if they would find me weird because of all that or what about the fact that I am not Japanese. Afterall I am a hispanic female and although I don’t look it because of my pale complexion I just don’t know what to think. I took a deep breath and finally made it out of the bathroom.

 

“Are you okay,” he asked.

 

“Yeah, I am just a little nervous that’s all,” I sighed.

 

“Jen, you will be fine. Believe in me,” he smiled.

 

“I will,” I said grabbing onto his arm.

 

We left the apartment and headed to the garage to get into his car. His family lived in Chiba which was about a 50 minute ride from our apartment. That car ride gave me more time to relax and try to think about things. I was meeting his mother, his father, and his youngest brother, Reio. He talked about them highly so I am sure they were sweet people. On the way there we hit a little bit of traffic but it wasn’t too much. As we drove there I observed the city. Chiba was interesting because it had a very classical touch but, also there were so many modern homes. It seemed like an area that was really focused on families. Akanishi said he tried to get her to move more to Tokyo but, she like the quiet serene scenery this land had to offer. His mother liked Tokyo but, really like to relax now.

 

We pulled up to the house and it was a little quaint looking place but had a lot of modern touches to it. The front of the house was full of bamboo plants and tropical flowers; there was a small koi fish pond on the side that had beautiful lights shining on it.

 

“Are you ready,” he asked.

 

I nodded and held onto his arm as we headed to the front door. He rang the doorbell and I could hear a woman from inside saying she was coming. Well it all begins now...stay strong, I thought to myself.

 

“Jin-Kun you’re finally home! I’ve missed you,” she said hugging him, “This must me Jen-Chan huh? I know Jin said you were pretty girl but, you are so beautiful. Your dress is stunning.”

 

I was a little shocked to hear that she thought of me as such a pretty girl. She pulled me into a hug as well saying anyone who is associated with her son is like a daughter to her. I really wasn’t expecting such a kind reaction like this. I took off my shoes and put them onto the side. She placed a pair of light blue slippers for me to wear inside her house. They both guided me to the living room where Jin’s father was reading a newspaper. As I entered the room he hugged Jin and also welcome me to his home. His brother Reio came running down the stairs.

 

“It’s about time you come home. You’re always so busy,” Reio said leaping onto his brother.

 

“Hey, I come home when I can you know,” he laughed pushing him off him.

 

“You must be Jen-Chan. Cool it’s nice to finally meet you. Baka Jin over here has been talking about you all the time,” Reio laughed.

 

“Really,” I said shocked, “I had no idea really.”

 

“He speaks so highly of you as if you’ve known each other your whole lives,” his dad said.

 

“Come on now,” Jin blushed.

 

I had no idea I met that much to Jin. His family had a lot of good things to say about me even though this was their first time meeting me. They seemed like a very open family to begin with so I was glad to be in their home. We all sat together for a bit getting to know each other. They were so interested in learning my life in The Academy and how I was so independent so young. Akanishi’s mother sympathised with me and said that if I ever needed to talk about woman like things she would be there for me at anytime. I thanked her for her generosity towards me.

 

As the evening went on Akanishi, his father and, his brother all sat in the living room catching up on life and things they were doing. I insisted helping his mother prepare dinner because, some of the things didn’t interest me. They were talking guy stuff that I didn’t quite understand and it also gave me more time to get to know his mother better. She was really a sweet woman who had a lot of stories to tell. She told me that having Jin changed her life. She was only 15 years old when she had him and at first her and her husband struggled trying to understand it all because, they were so young. School was hard for her but, with the help of her family she was able to do it all. She knew that even though she was so young she would pull through it. When she finished school she became a full time mom and a few years later she had Reio. She couldn’t see her life any differently and reminded me that no matter what comes my way to believe in myself no matter what may become of me.

 

We sat down all together for dinner as soon as we were done with the cooking. Everyone seemed pleased with the meal that was made and Jin’s mother thanked me again for the help. I headed back in the kitchen to bring out the dessert I made for everyone tonight. Jin told me that his  family loved sweets so I made a special lemon tea with almond tarts. They were my favorite thing to eat and also I learned to make many years ago. His family was in love with the meal I made and asked if I could share the recipe to make them. I was glad to share something as simple as that.

 

“Jin, please bring her around more often. Your girlfriend is a complete sweetheart and she has brought delight into this household more than it ever has before,” Jin’s father laughed.

 

“It’s cool to make a new friend who is close to my age too,” Reio replied.

 

“That’s up to Jen...So how do you feel about everything,” Jin asked.

 

“Well I want to say thank you to you all for having me here tonight. I am really happy to have met you all and you will definitely see me here again in the future,” I smiled.

 

We stayed for a little while before heading home back to Roppongi Hills. I have to say all my nervous feelings were gone and I had felt so comfortable with Jin’s family. They were so kind to me and I really wasn’t expecting a great outcome like I did tonight. I would love to visit them again. Jin’s mother and Reio even added their numbers to my cell phone in case that I ever wanted to chat with them. I thanked them again for everything and got into the car with Jin. As he drove us both home I leaned onto his shoulder feeling a little sleepy.

 

“Were you truly okay with tonight,” he asked.

 

“Yeah, I have never felt so welcomed by a family like that before.”

 

“That’s good...you need to feel like all the time then. I’ll try to arrange some time every so often so you can see them all again. After all my brother really got along with you and my mother is gonna be obsessed with you now. She always wanted a daughter but, she wasn’t ever able to have one. You are everything she’s ever dreamed for.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, really...I am so happy things turned out this way.”

 

I was really happy too and the feeling that was in my body I had never really felt before. I had always seen my friends with their families; having fun and sharing stories with them. I was able to do that with Jin’s family but, also share my future hopes and dreams. I have never felt so open to sharing my life until today. I wondered what happens now, I thought.

 

Sometimes I wonder why I think things like that because moments later my phone rang. It was an email from Kitagawa-San. Apparently Jin told him that I had relocated in Tokyo and was looking for a job. Jin left out the details of me living with him thankfully. It seems that a design company that is associated with Johnny’s Entertainment was looking for a model for their latest product. It wasn’t dancing but, Kitagawa felt that I was appropriate for the job. I decided to respond back saying that I was interested in the position. Johnny responded back quickly as well and told me to come back to JE tomorrow and he would work out all the paperwork; I squealed in excitement.

 

“What’s up babe,” Jin asked as he drove.

 

“It seems I have a new job. I having a meeting to discuss all the details tomorrow,” I said excitedly.

 

“That is great news. Congrats baby,” Jin said kissing my forehead, “The move. Meeting my family. You got a fresh new start in life.”

Jin you are so right. It seems I did.

-END OF CHAPTER 10-