Chapter 9: Career Changer

Love & Dance [A KAT TUN FAN FIC]

Today felt like just another day to me except that today it was raining out. It seemed like a heavy storm was passing through the city. Lightning and thunder cracked in the sky above me but, it didn’t scare me at all. As I look through the window, large arms were wrapped around me. They were Akanishi’s arms holding me tight incase I was afraid of the storm again. Ever since that night when I told him about my past, the rain didn’t scare me as much. He knows that it doesn’t bother me as much but, he enjoys holding me close incase that anything were to bother me again. Even though the rain seemed so crazy my mind couldn’t shake this uneasy feeling that was pulsing through me.

 

It was almost like a sixth sense kind of feeling. I really couldn’t put my finger on it but, something seemed unnatural today. Jin’s hand began to rub my shoulders gently as he turned me to face him. A look of concern ran across his face as we looked into each other's eyes. I smiled at him kindly but, it didn’t seem to help him at all. I was good as masking my worries but somehow Jin always knew how to look past them. He sat down onto the couch rubbing his hands through his hair as he pulled me down to sit on his lap. His arms wrapped up around my waist as I leaned to cuddle into his neck.

 

“What’s wrong,” he asked, “You seem on edge today.”

 

“I really don’t know to be honest. The weather is kinda a bummer but, that’s fate. After all Nature has to run its course,” I replied.

 

“Maybe we should go and do something about it. Let’s go out for the day. We can do something indoors if you want,” he asked.

 

“We should invite the group too,” I began, “After all, I am sure they can use a day filled with fun and games.”

 

“You literally stole the words out of my mouth. I’ll call everyone right now and see if they wanna do anything today,” he laughed.

 

Jin went to my bedroom to call all the guys and I texted Yamapi to see if he was busy. He messaged me saying that he couldn’t because he was meeting up with an old friend. One of his classmates from high school was in town so he figured since he had a bit of downtime between filming today that he would get together with him. I reassured him that it was okay and that meeting up with an old friend sounds exciting. I wonder if I would do that someday with some of my classmates from the states. For now it wasn’t like that but, someday I would take advantage to visit the states again. Jin came back into the room and popped himself down on the seat next to me.

 

“Ueda, Koki, and Junno will be joining us today. Maru went to go visit his family and Kame said he wasn’t in the mood to go out today. He sounded like he had a cold or something,” Jin said.

 

“Aw that’s no fun at all. Maybe he can join us another time then. So what did you have in mind to do today,” I asked.

 

“I think you will have to wait till we get there,” Jin teased.

 

“Jin, I don’t like surprises...you know that,” I sighed.

 

“Oh well,” he said sticking out his tongue at me, “Here if this helps you just stay in casual wear today. We are gonna do something very fun."

 

I trusted his judgement but, I don’t why I am not so crazy about surprises. Its nice to receive on every now and then but, Akanishi made sure they were a part of his everyday. Whether it was a simple date together or a gift like our couple rings it was always interesting. Every time I try to surprise him with something somehow he manages to get past me every time. Sometimes it drive me crazy but, I have learned to deal with his silliness. It seems like time is just going by so quickly too. Akanishi and I are soon to be dating 5 months and it feels like so much longer. If we are still together a month from now we will be six months dating and that will be almost half of a year dating. It seems so crazy how time passes by when you're happy. I just hope to stay this way with him for as long as we can. We pulled up to this large building and I wasn’t sure what it was but I was curious to find out soon. We parked the car and headed to the front entrance.

 

I could see a few security guards in the distance which mean the rest of the guys were waiting there. Jin said he called Kitagawa and he suggested just a little security to ensure the safety of the boys. I could see Ueda and Koki looking up things on their cellphones while Junno waved excitedly towards us.

 

“AKANISHI-SAN! JEN-CHAN! YOU GUYS ARE FINALLY HERE! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TWO,” Junno shouted.

 

I giggled as Junno’s loud voice rang through the air. His loud voice startled Ueda and Koki gently kicked him in the back.

 

“Must you always act like a ,” Koki joked.

 

“I CAN’T HELP IT! THIS IS WHO I AM KOKI! YOU KNOW I MUST EXPRESS MYSELF AT ALL TIMES!”

 

“We know you crazy guy!”

 

“Taguchi-San, Ueda-San, and Tanaka-San...it’s going to be a blast hanging out with you all today. Where are we exactly,” I asked.

 

“OH YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT. THIS PLACE IS THE MOST EXCITING PLACE TO BECAUSE-”

 

“It’s an indoor amusement park and arcade. Maru and I found this place one time when we were bored,” Ueda explained.

 

Junno looked a little insulted that Ueda interrupted him but we all laughed. I had been to amusement parks in the past in the states but, I had never heard of one that was indoors. It was definitely convenient since it wasn’t such a great day outside. Afterall we were all standing under umbrellas sheltered by the security guards. We all linked our arms and made our way into the park. One of the nice things about this particular place was that photography wasn’t really allowed inside. So even if there was paparazzi around they couldn’t harass the members of KAT TUN. I am sure there were going to be fans scattered in certain areas so I had to be careful with Jin since I didn’t want our relationship to be out to the public. Fancams can be so dangerous in this industry.

 

“Jin, remember fancams,” I reminded him.

 

“Don’t worry I got this covered,” he whispered.

 

I nodded and followed the boys as we went on our adventure around this place. This building wasn’t like something I had seen before. I was use to malls that had carousels in them but, never something like this. In the distance I could see go karts, bumper cars, a carousel, and a roller coaster. The area to the right was full of arcade games and photo booths. I loved video games but, I liked going on rides too. I wasn’t sure what we were going to do but we walked over to the ticket area to pay for our entries. The placed only charged you for entree to the indoor park and food and arcade games were separate. You could load up special cards to play the games if you wanted to but, for now we just decided to go in and have fun for the day.

 

“Look it’s Koki Tanaka...Ueda...Junno and AKANISHI!”

 

I was a bit relieved that the fans didn’t notice me right away but, they were more focused on the guys. Before the fans could get close to them security asked them to kindly give them space. A few remained with their cellphones trying to take as many photos as they could while most of the other fans backed off. For fans it was nice to see them give the guys their space. Paparazzi in America can be so crazy sometimes even deadly and just like the paparazzi the fans can get crazy too. Luckily here they wished the boys a great day and they acknowledged their fans and we went off on our way.

 

“That seemed way too easy,” I whispered to Ueda.

 

“Believe it or not sometimes a simple message from our guards is all it takes. I am sure some fans will be wandering the park like we are so, just make sure you and Akanishi keep your affection towards each other secretly,” Ueda explained.

 

“Of course she would. They’ve kept things hidden for this long. Now is one of those times where you really have to keep in it on the down low,” Koki whispered back.

 

We began our day on the rides because, we were all full of adrenaline and we wanted to burn it off as best as we could. The roller coaster went as high as the ceiling of the building and also full of bumps and fast turns. I was a little freaked out by it and I hung onto Akanishi’s arms. Ueda was so calm while on the other hand Junno was screaming as if it was going to fast for him. His scream had all of us laughing at him and made it very exciting. From the roller coaster we headed to the go karts. When it came to go karts I was very competitive; whenever my classmates and I went to the boardwalk I would always come in first place.

 

“You guys ready to loose to me,” I joked.

 

“Yeah right as if that’s gonna happen,” Jin said to me.

 

“I THINK KOKI AND UEDA ARE GONNA SIT ON THIS ONE. WE WILL CHEER YOU BOTH ON. WIN JEN-CHAN!”

 

“You’re not gonna cheer me on Junno. It’s okay I am going to win this race,” Jin laughed.

 

A few fans were watching in the distance and a part of me got nervous. I looked towards Jin poking him in the back without him noticing. He never looked back at me but snuck his hand behind his back to me as if he saw them. I got into my car and looked back at him. As we made eye contact he nodded to me while using his eyes to express where he saw the fans. I looked forward because, at least to them it would look like another day hanging out with the band. It’s not like this would be the first time I would be photographed with him but, I wanted to make it looked normal like it wasn’t a couple thing. (even though we are one) As soon as the lights when green we both stepped on the gas of our go karts and flew down the track. Jin tried to bump me a bit to pass me but, I kept control of my vehicle as I continued to fly down the track. I used my kart to hug every turn I got close to. I had read once that when you stay closer to the curbs you can fly faster without having your kart spin out. What I read was helping me a lot because before I knew it I was way ahead of Akanishi. I could hear him yelling in disbelief as I continued to pass far away from him. At one point I looked back to stick my tongue at him and I could hear him laughing. Before long I crossed the finish line at the rest of the group cheered me on. When we started to get out of the air Jin scooped me into his arms and complained that I beat him. He kept holding me and complaining that I cheated. I couldn’t help but hold onto him and laugh because, he was being so silly. He put me down quickly so that the fans wouldn’t assume so much and we headed our way to go onto the arcade to play some of the games there.

 

“I still can’t believe you beat me in a race,” Jin continued to complain.

 

“Let it go man” Koki teased.

 

“Eh...let him I don’t mind kicking his in something,” I laughed.

 

He poked at me making faces like a little kid and I continued to ignore his outbursts. As we got further into the arcade I noticed a few games I was crazy about. Although I am a dancer I am willing to admit that I am a hardcore gamer. Not a lot of guys know that there are girl gamers out there but, I was one of the few out there. I played everything from shooters, racing, RPGs, and of course sports games; you name it and I’ve probably played it. The first game that I saw literally surprised me and I honestly wasn’t expecting to see it in this arcade. It was a game one of my friends played in school a lot, Taiko Drum Master. It was a popular arcade game here in Japan and I ran over quickly to play the game.

 

“Who wants to play this with me I love this game,” I said excitedly.

 

“This is one of my favorite games too. Jen, I had no idea you liked to play this game too,” Ueda smiled.

 

We played for a while and I was able to keep up with Ueda pretty well. The rest of the guys were playing some of the other games while Jin stayed near by to watch us play the game. He seemed impressed with my gaming skills. Ueda had one the game but, I wasn’t as musically talented like he was so it didn’t bother me at all. The fact that I got to play a game with him was exciting enough. When I turned to the right I saw another game series I loved a lot, Tekken.

 

“Does anyone wanna play against me here,” Jin said pointing to the game.

 

“Oh I will for sure Tekken is my favorite game of all times,” I exclaimed.

 

“Who is your favorite character,” Jin asked.

 

“Well I have two favorite characters of all times. When I was younger my favorite female character was, Jun Kazama. Then when they released Tekken 3 I fell in love with Jin Kazama. He has the best storyline in the series.”

 

Jin huh...you must like guys with the name,” he whispered into my ear.

 

I blushed at him doing that and said, “W-well...who is your favorite character?”

 

“I like Xiaoyu and Hwoarang. It seems their storylines are tied to your favorite character as well. Shall we play?”

 

I nodded and joined him at playing the game. Akanishi was really good at playing this game. At times I was surprised on how well he played. When I would play with my friends I considered myself the Tekken master; it seems at times with Akanishi I met my match. He was very good at the combinations in the game but he couldn’t get past a few of Kazama’s special moves I was aware of doing. The team battle ended in a draw of 7-7 and we were happy with the end result. The gamer part of me wanted to beat him but, I unfortunately was unable to. After a bit of games we sat down for awhile to have lunch at the cafe portion of the amusement park. We were able to share stories from our past and get to know each other better. Not only did I get to learn a lot about them but they got to learn more about me too. They were always so curious of my life in America and all the things I had to go through with some of the mean kids from my school. They were also surprised on how strong of a person I have become even though I have had many respected elders in my life pass away. Although its sad to share some of these things, I am okay now to speak about them. Sharing a part of me with them allows myself to be at ease and feel like I can confide and trust them.

 

When we finished eating the sun was already setting outside the window through the clouds and dampness of the world outside. It seemed as if the rain was stopping outside but, the clouds were still strongly in the air. I figured we would leave soon before it got dark and the guys agreed they were beginning to get a little tired. Akanishi suggested that they go home now while the fans were also leaving because, most had school in the morning.

 

“What did you wanna do before we leave,” I asked.

 

“Just follow me,” he said holding my hand.

 

My heart began to race as I walked along side him. My eyes looked in every way trying to see if there were fans watching us or anyone for that matter. No eyes were on us as we headed to the back part of the arcade. We made our way to the photobooth area and it reminded me of our first outing with Yamapi so many months ago. He found a very large photobooth with a door and I knew we were going to have a fun time taking photos again. We stepped inside the photobooth and Akanishi looked around to see if any fans had followed us. Luckily no one seemed to follow us here so we could take photos in the photobooth. Akanishi locked the door behind as we tried to figure out how to sit in here.

 

“Finally a moment to ourselves. It killed me all day not to hold you in my arms,” he said.

 

“Well we have to be careful right,” I replied.

 

“Right now we don’t have  to.”

 

Jin pulled me down wrapping myself around his waist as his lips met mine. His kisses were as passionate as ever. My arms wrapped around his neck as I kissed his neck. His hands began to travel down my back gently holding onto me tight. His mouth began to travel onto my neck and he began to kiss it wildly. Jin had never done this before and a sensation took over to me as my hands now dug into his shoulder. His hands traveled onto my hips pulling me closer to his body. I could feel my chest press onto his and I could feel all the muscles on his abdomen close to me. I never felt this way before and I didn’t want this moment to end. My hands fell deeper into his shoulders as we continued to kiss. I felt his hands now travel back up my body as he held me by my shoulders. I opened my eyes to seem him looking into my eyes so tenderly.

 

“Every moment with you feels so amazing. I never thought I could ever meet someone like you. You mean the world to me and I don’t ever wanna let you go. I love having you in my life so much. I don’t know where I would be without you,” Jin said.

 

For a moment I felt like I couldn’t breathe for a moment as he said those things. A smile ran across my face and I kissed his lips one more time.

 

“I feel the same way about you. At first I came here thinking this was just going to be a simple thing for me. I figured I would come to Japan, work hard for Kitagawa-San’s company, and that would be eat. I assumed a life of wake up, dance, eat, sleep...repeat. Then I met you and I felt all my walls come crashing down. At first I was cautious of approaching you because, of what people would say. Some of the dancers would tell stories about you. That you were a playboy and that you liked to sleep around with both men and women. But, they were just jealous of your talent. As I spent more and more time with you, I feel like I know you and you know me. You make me feel like I am on top of cloud nine and I never want to come down from it,” I replied.

 

Jin held me close to his chest and just kissed my forehead. We sat cuddled up in the moment. I didn’t imagine this could happen to us nor did I realise how much I meant to him. It seems we both shared the same feelings about each other. We sat for another few minutes and then finally left together hand and hand as we exited the amusement park. I didn’t care if anyone saw us at this point. I was happy and so was he; nothing could ever take this from us. As we headed home Jin drove me to my apartment. He kissed me goodbye because, his younger brother was home and he wanted to spend sometime with him. I waved goodbye and wished him well as he made his way out.

 

Once I got into my apartment I sat down and had a glass of water. After a long day out with the boys I was exhausted and just wanted to fall asleep. My phone began to buzz as if an email came in. It was an email from JE and the title read please open immediately. It turns out that my night wasn’t over just yet. There was an emergency meeting at 9:00 for all female dancers. I looked at my clock and realised that it was 8:00 already. I quickly tossed my shoes back on and made my way out the door and down the street to the subway station. I wonder what this could be about so suddenly at night, I thought.

 

I got to the location rather quickly because, it wasn’t at the JE headquarters but, in fact at one of the other dance halls we practiced at. Many of the other girls were just getting there as I was. None of us had a clue as to why we were called but, we headed up the stairs to find out what was going on. When we entered the room Kitagawa-San was sitting alongside one of his secretaries and our dance instructor was also present in the room. There were chairs placed out for the rest of us and we sat down waiting for further details.Johnny stood before with a sudden serious face; he opened his mouth to tell us something very import.

 

He let out a deep sigh before speaking and he began, “Good Evening, everyone. I am glad to see you once again as your smiles bring joy to my face. I am sorry that we have to meet on such short notice but, in the past few hours many things have come up within the company among our board members. It seems that things will be changing around this company and our board members want to move on with this as quickly as possible.

 

Unfortunately, for some of you…the words I am about to say may not please you. I am letting you JE dancers go. At first I hired you thinking that we needed something more to JE and that it would look good when you perform along our men. For a while it was working and many of our fans seem to enjoy all of you with KAT TUN. I loved the chemistry that you all built with your partners. It felt natural to me because, you seemed almost as if you were in a relationship with your set member. It was good for the tour but as the months have passed now it seems that not everyone was not pleased with the dancers. We have received some hate letters from fans who weren’t so fond of you girls. It seems that some of you have received some hate mail and even death threats to you if we continue to have you perform alongside KAT TUN.

 

This is why we came to this unanimous decision to dismiss you from working alongside the men. I know this all sounds so sudden and crazy but, we do care for the safety of our performers which includes you successful women. Furthermore, because of the letters we have also received word that they know where some of you have been staying with us. We ask at this time that you go home to your apartments and begin to pack either to move somewhere else here in Japan or you have the option to move back to your homes in the other countries you came from. Since this has occurred earlier than we thought it would for you all we have written you checks for the remaining money you are to receive from our company. You will notice that you are being rewarded with plenty. of money and the most you will ever receive with a performance company like ours.

 

I have written individual letters for all of you for future recommendations incase you would like to continue your career in dancing. I thank you for all your hard work and I will miss you dearly. Words can’t explain the hurt I am feeling letting you women go like this but, I am sure you understand that this is for your safety. Thank You and may you enjoy the rest of your life. If you would like to keep in touch with the boys and our company just remember the policies you received prior to joining. Know that if any wrong acts are performed amongst them we will have to take action against you. Thank you and have a great evening.”

 

Our Choreographer hugged us all and thanked us for all of our hard work with him. As he did that the secretary handed out the folders to us which included a copy of our employee records, photos from the shows, the check for our money, and also the letter of recommendations. Most of the girls were taking it well shaking hands with Johnny but, I felt as if I was hit by a bus. I didn’t think would happen so suddenly to me and I didn’t wanna stop dancing alongside these girls and KAT TUN. A part of me wanted to spend the rest of my life performing with them. I felt like I had a place in life with this company but, just like everything else in my life it was being taken away from me. As they all began to leave the room I knew I had to snap out of this shock and leave as well.

 

I finally gathered myself together fighting back the tears to say goodbye to my instructor and also Kitagawa-San.

 

“Jen-Chan...I am so sorry it had to be this way. You were my favorite dancer. The way you were brought to my company I knew you would be so compatible to us. I treated you like a daughter and I feel horrible to do this to you,” Johnny explained.

 

“Kitagawa-San, I can’t thank you enough for the life you have given me here. I felt like a new person; as if I was reborn joining your company,” tears began to fall from my eye as I continued to speak, “ I thank you for this so very much and I feel as if I have grown to be a better person.”

“I see...well I am glad I had that sort of impact on you. I hope you continue to dance in your career. I would hate to see you stop so suddenly. What are your plans from here” Johnny asked.

 

“I am not sure but, I don’t….I don’t want to leave Japan. There are many reasons I can’t leave. I belong here,” I continued.

 

“Whatever you do please keep in touch with me and I wish you the best on whatever it is that you do. Goodnight” Johnny said as he left the room with his secretary.

 

I placed the folder into my bag as I too made my way out the building bowing and saying goodnight to the security as I left. As I left the building the rain had started up again and I knew I had to go home now. The rain was as depressing as I felt. I didn’t want to leave Japan but, I didn’t know what to do. I would have to find a job and a new place to live but, I don’t know how to do any of that on my own. I can’t leave this country because, the man I truly care about lives in this country. I can’t imagine my life right now with Akanishi by my side. As I thought these things I could feel my heart aching and the tears in my eyes began to finally come down. I tried to quietly cry to myself without disturbing people walking by me, A few looked back at me like I was crazy but, I couldn’t help what I was feeling.

 

Between the rain coming down hard onto me soaking me, it was getting harder to see things. My vision began to blur from the rain coming down onto my eyes but also because of the tears that fell from eyes. My mascara began to run as well so a stinging feeling also occupied my eyes. As I walked crying I felt myself crash into a man with an umbrella. My hood fell exposing my face that was a mess from crying. I couldn’t see him but, I felt horrible for crashing into him so hardly.

 

“I...I...I am so sorry...I was in a hurry. I should have being paying atte…..ntion-”

 

“Jen...What’s wrong why are you crying?!”

 

I tried to look up and suddenly I felt the rain stop as an umbrella covered me. It was Jin; somehow I ran into him.

 

“Jin...you were with your mom...your brother.”

 

“Yeah they live two blocks away from here. I just left and was heading to get something to drink because I parked a bit away in case of paparazzi. What’s wrong you look like you’ve been crying.”

 

“Jin...my career with you and KAT TUN is over. The dancers recieved death threats. The company got rid of us. I have to move out. I don’t know what to do. I may have to go back to America,” I cried, “Jin! I DON’T WANNA GO. I DON’T WANNA LEAVE. I CAN’T DO THIS

 

I fell to my knees hysterically crying into the ground. He threw his umbrella as he pulled me deep into a hug. I could hear him crying as well. The more I heard him cry my cries began to worsen.

 

Jin held me close as the rain fell harder onto us. He pulled me closer into his arms bringing my face to his to kiss me.

 

“I won’t lose you we will figure this out. I won’t lose you. I won’t lose you. I promise.”

-END OF CHAPTER 9-