Chapter 14: Diagnosis

Love & Dance [A KAT TUN FAN FIC]

1 Month Later

 

A month later and Akanishi and I are still together happily. Every waking moment together is a breath of fresh air and today our lives were going to get a little more exciting. Today we were going to be picking up our puppy from the airport. Our little puppy was finally cleared of all his medical needs and was finally old enough to be away from his mother. He was two months old now and I was so excited to hold his little body. We still didn’t have a new name for the little guy yet because, we wanted to see him in person first. I always felt like a animal’s name should come from the energy they give or what they remind us of. We had a dog at the academy named, Phantom. He was a labrador who was good at sneaking on people in the night. He was a protector and kind lover so we named him after the Phantom in Phantom Of The Opera. It was a bit silly but really fit a big guy like him.

 

“Are you excited,” Jin asked.

 

“Yes, more then ever,” I smiled.

 

Jin’s hands brushed the back of my head as he continued down the road to the airport. We had to pick up the puppy in customs because, apparently that how things were done in Japan. We had all our I.D.s and paperwork ready for today anyway so it wasn’t going to be too hard of a process for us. The ride to the airport wasn’t too bad and we made our way into the building to pick up our little buddy. The employees greeted us kindly and helped us with the process to pick up our puppy. As we finished the necessary paperwork I could see a crate and I could hear a little cry in the cage. I could see a small little puppy hiding in the back in his blanket. He must have been so scared to fly so far and so long but, the flight attendants reassured us they took good care of him and treated him like the little king he was. I opened the cage and held him close in my arms petting his head gently. He almost fit into my palms and he them excitedly. His little bark was so cute and Akanishi and I admired his little face. I handed him to Jin so he could take a look at him and he playfully bit onto his fingers. I giggled at the sight and thanked everyone at the airport for their assistance. We now had to head home and introduce the puppy to all our friends.

Even though the puppy was small I wanted to introduce him to as many people as we good. I wanted to socialise him early with humans and other animals in time. With our busy jobs I wanted him to be with me wherever I would go because, if he saw a lot of people at a young age he would be okay and not nervous around them. On his ride home he only barked a few times at birds flying outside of the window. As he barked it was weird because, it was almost like his bark had an echo. I asked Jin if he heard an echo in his bark and he said he did not. Whenever our puppy barked I swore I could hear in echo and it almost felt like it was piercing my eardrum. It made me wonder if I was coming down with a cold suddenly.

 

We finally got to our apartment and I walked in to Nana to show her our dog. She fell in love with him instantly and I think he had the same reaction to her. He kept kissing and her face and she had him near. Nana was eager to to see him grow up in time as we were going to in time. Nana told us that everyone was waiting in the apartment upstairs for us and I felt like the ride up to our apartment was taking forever. I walked out and opened the door to our friends calmly waiting to see our puppy. We had all of the members of KAT TUN present today and my best friend, Yamapi. Everyone was in awe of the little guy as they passed him around from person to person loving him and caring for him. I could see in the puppies eyes that he was happy where he was now. He no longer had to wonder where he would lay his head at night; he had a large loving home with Akanishi and I. We placed him onto the floor to explore our apartment and he began to run around so fast. He was so little and had such a speed already.

 

“I’ve never seen a puppy run that fast,” Kame said shocked.

 

“Yeah, that was so fast…you’ll have to keep your eyes on him at all time,” Yamapi pointed out.

 

Akanishi gently held the puppy and smiled as the cute little face that was by his own and said, “Lightning”

 

“Huh,” I asked.

 

“Let’s name him Lightning due to his little fast ways,” he smiled.

 

“Then that will be his name…Lightning,” I replied.

 

Well we now officially had a name for our puppy and I filled out the adoption paper and sent in through the fax machine so all the people that needed this information would have the name of our new puppy. Lightning ran around so cute and happily. His little yelp was adorable and he seemed like he wanted to play with everyone.We all sat in the living room on the couches. I sat snuggled up with Akanishi; Yamapi sat on the opposite side of him, then Kame, Koki, Ueda, Maru and Junno. We all chatted about anything that came to our minds and anything that came after that.When we all get together it is such a good time and I love being able to hang out with them. I consider them all my friends now since we get together so very often and when we do we always have a good time. It was times like these where we felt relief from our careers. Our jobs required a lot of our time and sometimes relaxing like this was our only way of feeling okay from everything.

.

“Hey Jen, you feelin’ okay because, you look a little pale today,” Koki asked.

 

“Yeah I am okay...I am just a little out of it because, I woke up with a slight headache today which is probably because I fell asleep with my hair tie,” I said.

 

“That happens to you? That’s very odd…I do that all the time and I wake up just fine,” Ueda mumbled.

 

“NO IT’S NOT WEIRD AT ALL IF I DO THAT TO MYSELF I GET ALL YUCKY FEELING IN THE MORNING AND ITS SOMETHING I REALLY DO HATE TO FEEL. I LIKE TO BE HAPPY NOT ALL GROUCHY WITH A HEADACHE,” Junno said.

 

“And there you go talking as loud as you always do. Do you ever have an indoor voice,” Maru added.

 

I laughed at Maru’s humor about Junno but, it was true he was very loud at time and he was always so full of Joy. No matter what was happening his booming voice always rang through but, again today it wasn’t so easy. When he yelled like that my hearing began to bother me a bit and my stomach felt a bit nauseous. I was really started to wonder what was going on with me today. As I laid in Akanishi’s arms my headache began to make me feel worse then I was feeling before. It felt as if someone was bashing my head into something. As if I was in a horrible car crash…just something as painful as I have ever felt before.I just rubbed my temples and leaned onto him a bit more. I felt him look over at me in concern and he began to hold me up to his face. I looked at him with a smile to hide my pain but, I knew he saw right past it. He was beginning to know me far too well.

 

“Baby, are you okay because you’re not looking good at all,” he asked.

 

“Yeah I think maybe it’s because of the headband plus I have had a crazy work schedule these past few weeks. Maybe my body is just acting out because its my first day off in a long time,” I mumbled to him.

 

“I hope you feel better soon,” he said hugging me.

 

“Me too,” I sighed.

 

As all of our friends our little lightning finally eat his first meal of the day and soon crawled into his bed into the living room. The little guy was tired from his adventurous day as Akanishi and I decided to prepare dinner for the evening. I wanted to make a simple meal tonight so I made us a orange chicken dish with brown rice. As I began to season the chicken a ringing sensation went through my ears causing a huge pain in the back of my head. I dropped the seasoning on the counter and Akanishi looked up from his laptop. He could see me holding the back of my head and he came over.

 

“Jen, are you okay,” he asked.

 

“I think so...this headache is such a tonight,” I grumbled.

 

I was able to cook the rest of our meal and finally sit down with Jin at the dinner table. He seemed very pleased with what I made tonight but, to me something tasted off and almost bitter. I couldn’t put my finger on it but, I wondered if it had to do with the way I was feeling. I just managed to force the meal down my throat but, I knew Jin even noticed the way I was reacting. He asked if I wanted to go to the doctor but, I kept shrugging it off telling him that maybe it was just from being overly tired these past few days. I didn’t want to go all the way to the doctors this late in the evening and it didn’t seem that necessary to do so. I was sure it was just fatigue from my job because, the hours lately were gruesome.

 

“Can you promise me something,” he asked.

 

“Sure,” I said looking up from playing with Lightning.

 

“If you're not feeling better by the time you wake up tomorrow I want you to go to the doctors and get checked out because, that could be something serious plus I don’t want to see you sick like this. It makes me feel bad to see you like that,” he said.

 

“I promise I will go first thing in the morning if I feel that way,” I smiled.

 

He gave me a sweet kiss on the forehead as he thanked me for the meal I prepared. We cleaned up the dishes and got our little puppy in his crate for the evening. I felt like crate training him would help him adjust to his new home and help him from having accidents in the evening. Akanishi knew I wasn’t feeling too well but, wanted to make me feel a little better next to him. He pulled me into the shower with him. I laughed at the idea of us sharing a shower together but, I had to admit it was a bit romantic. To feel the warm water on our skin and his body grinding against mine. We were suppose to be getting clean but, who said a little fun before bed was wrong?

 

The next morning

 

Morning came as soon as it did as my alarm went off. I had another day off from work so I was glad that I could do what I want. I figured I would get up and go take Lightning for a walk around our neighborhood. I turned to wake Akanishi but, when I woke up he wasn’t there. It seemed like he had gone to work because, on the bed next to me a note laid on his pillow:

 

Morning BEAUTIFUL

Sorry I am not next to you. Johnny called dance practice for something he wants us to do (-__-) I don’t even know what we are practicing for. Hope your feeling better. If your not…GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!...please   :-* (lol) Okay see you when I get home later tonight

LOVE YOU!!

-Jin

 

I smiled at the note laughed by Akanishi…he is always so sweet and caring. It seemed that Akanishi didn’t leave just that note but, a sleepy puppy laid underneath the note. Lightning slowly woke up and stretched and he realised that he was next to me. I was greeted by the wagging tail of Lightning. He was so cute and all I could do was scoop him up in my arms and decided to go make breakfast for the both of us. As I placed him back down onto the floor I felt very dizzy and like the room was spinning. I collapsed back onto the bed looking at the spinning wall as my stomach began to feel sick. I stumbled my way to our bathroom and my stomach began to feel worse.I coughed and coughed not feeling like myself at all. My lungs felt like they were tightening. I felt this pain in my stomach and I began to gag into the sink. I was vomiting and it was weird because, its not like I drank last night or anything. I knew that I needed to go to the doctor as soon as possible.I called the downstairs front desk and Nana luckily picked up the phone.

 

“Nana speaking…how can I help you Jenna,” Nana replied.

 

“Nana...its Jenna...Can you call for a taxi straight to the doctor’s office…I am not feeling well but, I shall be downstairs in twenty minutes…” I managed to say.

 

“Jenna-Chan…you don’t sound well. Should I call Akanishi-San,” Nana asked nervously.

 

“No…Akanishi…doesn’t…need to know…I’ll be fine please, don’t call him at all in this,” I said.

 

“Okay…,” Nana replied.

 

I quickly tried to brush my teeth and make myself somewhat presentable to be out in the public. I wasn’t sure what I was feeling but, I wasn’t fun at all. I was so scared what could be wrong with me. I haven’t had any medical issues since the time I got knocked out during the concert with KAT TUN. Nana even offered to watch Lightning for me in the apartment because, another associate was able to man the desk during this time. She knew Akanishi wouldn’t be home until later in the afternoon so it gave me plenty of time to get back before he would worry about me.The taxi soon arrived and I thanked Nana for everything she was doing for me. I headed out the door and into the taxi. I was at the doctor’s office in a matter of five minutes since my taxi driver was a speed demon. The doctors office wasn’t too far from where I lived but, if I were to collapse or something it would cause a crowd and that was something I didn’t need right now. Especially if paparazzi were to show up randomly it wouldn’t be a good thing at all and Akanishi would be worried for sure.

 

I sat down and waited for them to call me. Nana had called the doctors ahead of time and told them about my situation. The doctors were having a slow day at the office and they would be able to take me in a few minutes. I hope that they would be able to tell me what was wrong because, I wanted to know that I was okay. I was hoping that it was just a minor cold and nothing too serious. I could see doctors walking up and down the hall and my mind began to wander nervously waiting for them to make any sort of contact with me.

 

“Jenna D…”

 

They called my name so I got up and headed to the office…

 

“Okay what’s seems to be the problem…you seem to look fine. Tell me what’s bothering you…”

 

“Well I haven’t been feeling well and I keep getting these bad headaches and stomach pains…what’s wrong here,” I said

 

“Let’s run some tests and see what we can find out for you,” said the doctor as he shut the door behind us.

-END OF CHAPTER 14-