Introduction: The Land Of The Rising Sun

Love & Dance [A KAT TUN FAN FIC]

~Spring 2008~

 

“She’s not even the best dancer in this school!”

 

“In my eyes she has progressed better than any of the girls here. She works hard, she is smart and that’s why she is my choice for this.”

 

“And you think she will fit over in that country. She is different! She’s an orphan for God’s Sake. She will do nothing but disgrace us.”
        

    “Now Mrs. Peters this is now way to act. I like Sun really I do but this is unnecessary and this is my choice.”

 

FINE! Send her there see if I care! This is your Dance School’s Funeral! MARK MY WORDS!”

 

I was sitting right outside the office of my dance school listening to the arguments that were occurring. Mrs. Peters was truly upset that her daughter Sun wasn’t going to Japan; instead I would be going. She donates a lot of money every year to this school so she assumes her daughter should always be the star of this Academy. Mr. Morgan has been my guide for many years now so he has seen me grow in this school. This place has been my home for many years now and I was so shocked that I received this honor in this first place.

 

I lost my parents at a very young age. I was only six when they died in a car accident so since then I was raised by a family friend. When I was eight years old he became sick with cancer and I was sent to this Academy. He was a very wealthy man so he payed for my tuition many years in advance and I’ve attended this school since the day he passed away. Aeron Bast Academy is a well known school here in America. Not only is it a school for smart children but, also known for their arts students.

 

About 95% of students who attend this school go onto becoming amazing people in this country. We have had actors, dancers, musicians, athletes, and even Olympians come from this school. This particular year was important for all students who were involved in the Dance department. A large entertainment company was looking for dancers for an upcoming project in Japan. The company was looking for dancers from all over the world to begin a large project the company was coming up with. This project would guarantee the dancers at least a year with them and also ties to other dance groups in the country of Japan. All students enrolled within the school were automatically entered and we were trained to see who was the best to be sent over to Japan. That one student happened to be me.

 

A few parents were happy for me and even some of my fellow classmates. Parents like Mrs. Peters didn’t like that an ordinary girl like me would be sent there to begin a “career of a lifetime.” The girl who came from nothing would become something her daughter is suppose to be. I was nervous to go out of the country like this but, how could I pass up an opportunity like this; it’s not everyday you are given such an opportunity such as this. In just a few hours too i would be leaving the country. I just happened to pick up my paperwork at an awful times it seems.

 

The door slammed open and I could see the look in Mrs. Peters eyes. She was furious and she muttered things under her breath as she walked down the hall past me. I kept my head down because, I didn’t know how to react to the way she was freaking out like this. Mr. Morgan stepped out his office and smiled at me. His smile made me feel like things were going to be ok.

 

“My star dancer is going to Japan who knew this day would come. Are you ready to head to the airport,” he asked as he handed me my passport and tickets.

 

I looked at my bag that laid on the bench I was sitting on. This was truly it, the time to leave this school was finally here.

 

“Yes, I am but I am so nervous,” I admitted.

 

“Don’t be because you are going to be amazing,” he said as we walked out the front doors.

 

As the car drove I looked out the window soaking in my beautiful state on last time. This is my last few hours in New Jersey before I head out to a whole new world. I looked back at the glittering sands, the smell of the ocean air, the seagulls singing in the distance. The urban art and building of North Jersey were also seen as the car drove to the airport. Small bodegas* and hip hop shops would no longer be in a small distance. This was truly it; I was heading into another country were unknown territories lie.

 

“Alright we are here at Newark Airport.This is it, kiddo. Do you have any last questions before I ship you off to the land of the Rising Sun?”

“Why? What made you choose me over Sun,” I asked.

 

“That’s the easiest thing I have ever had to answer. Jen, you are truly a beautiful student inside and out. I didn’t choose you because, of your past. i choose you because, you work hard and represent everything Aeron Bast is. Sun maybe a star in her mother’s eyes but, she is nothing but a falling one. She thinks everything will be handed to her in life. Not this time it seems. This is my gift to you a beautiful future filled with adventure and memories that you will keep in your heart until the day you die.”

 

“Mr. Morgan I can’t Thank-”

 

“There is no need to thank me...just make me proud. Go on and work your hardest. Be the Jersey strong girl you have always been. Bring some of that Latin spice of yours over to Japan and show them what you are made of. Also, make sure you keep practicing your Japanese that you have learned so well,” he laughed patting me on the shoulder.

 

After going through all the security checks, customs, baggage drop offs, and all crazy thing that occur in an airport I finally sat on the plane ready for the long flight to Japan. I couldn’t believe this was truly happening. I dozed off and fell asleep drifting off to dreamland as I waited for the plane to land.

13 Hours Later

 

Many hours passed and finally the plane had landed. I felt a bit uneasy from how long the flight was. Luckily I had music to listen to, magazines to read, and files about the company I was going to work for to pass the time by. I got to read about all the groups that worked there like, News, Arashi, KAT TUN, Hey! Say! Jump!, and many more. I also had a nice meal and rest on the plane so I was perfectly fine for the day ahead. I made my way through the terminal looking for a man I was suppose to meet. Mr. Morgan said that I would be picked up by a driver from the company. I finally saw a man with a sign that had my name in bright Pink letters. The sign read: Nihon e Youkoso which meant, welcome to Japan. I went over to the man and a smile came across his face.

 

“ Hello are you Ms. Jen D?” The man asked.

 

“Yes I am Jen,” I said, “Kon'nichiwa hajimemae”

 

“Ah, you are learning our language,” the man laughed, “Kitagawa-San will be so pleased to know how much you are learning,”

 

“Thank you, I have been learning the language for three years now,” I smiled.

 

The driver lead me to a long black car which had curtains all covering the inside windows. To me it seemed a bit unusual but, I guess it was something common in this country. Inside the  car there was a older man sitting with a business suit on, he has slick hair, and wore dark sunglasses.

 

“Ms. D, allow me to introduce to you the CEO of Johnny’s Entertainment, Mr. Johnny Kitagawa,” the driver said.

 

“OH! H-h-h-ello, Mr. Kitagawa it is a pleasure to meet you,” I stuttered.

 

I couldn’t believe that I was finally meeting Johnny in person and so soon too. I guess he was a kind man willing to met new employees on the spot. I was so glad I wore a nice dress and shoes for my trip because, if I wore sweatpants and a T-Shirt I would have been so embarassed to meet him right away.

 

“The pleasure is all mine. Welcome to Japan and I am so glad to have you join our company. Mr. Morgan has told me a great deal about you and I loved your audition video. I have a feeling you will be an amazing addition to our company,” he said.

 

As the driver got us away from the airport I could feel my heart racing in my chest. I couldn’t believe I was meeting a CEO in such a way. He showed such kindness and hospitality so quickly to me I thought I was dreaming. As we drove through Tokyo he explained a lot of things that were to be expected of me. I listened to everything he said and hung on to every great thing he said about his company.

 

We arrived at the apartment around 7 p.m and it was still rather light out considering the time. The wind was so calm here and the area was so quiet too. I could see the Tokyo Tower in the distance and I could hear the people around speaking in Japanese. This was really happening and all I could do was smile and spread my arms out towards the sky.

 

“(haha) I see that you truly love the city of Tokyo already,” Mr. Kitagawa said.

 

I straightened up and looked towards him and said, “This is my first time out of America and this country so far is so beautiful to me. This is truly so amazing. Mr. Kitagawa I can’t thank you enough for this opportunity.”

 

“If you are surprised by all of this before you wait until you see your dorm which is in this building right ahead.,” Mr. Kitagawa said.

 

I followed him into the building before us and it seemed like a small quaint building. I could see Johnny opening a door and told me to walk inside. As I walked in my mind was blown away; the dorm I would be living in was beyond beautiful. Traditional art and modern day furniture decorated the living room and dining room. The walls were a pale tan color and colorful lights illuminated the ceiling. Off to the right was a doorway that lead to my bedroom. It was black and white filled with beautiful botanical plants. There was an area for meditation, a balcony to look out to the city and a fish tank built into the walls itself. My eyes began to fill with tears of joy on how stunning this all was.

“Does everything look okay to you.,” Mr. Kitagawa asked.

 

“This is perfect. I feel like I don’t deserve such treatment and I can’t thank you more than all you have done for me,” I said bowing to him.

 

“In time you will have me thanking you when you work along all of my star entertainers, Jen. For now enjoy your evening and look over this packet. It has some rules and guidlines for my company that I would like you to follow.” Mr. Kitagawa said.

 

I agreed and took the package from him and he soon went on his way. He had a lot to do before turning himself into bed. When he left I couldn’t help but dance around and feel so excited. I came from such a bad life to being blessed with something like this. Miracles were real and I could feel myself in one. I unpacked my clothes and dancing gear so I finally felt like this was my own place.

 

 

For now it was time to read and figure out what the future will bring for me.

-END OF INTRODUCTION CHAPTER-

 

*A Bodega is a Spanish way to say Mini-Market