Baby Steps

Righteousness & Honesty

 

 

 

Jessica’s

            In just a couple of days, Yuri and I were getting closer than ever. We started to do video chat almost every day. I would wake up early or sleep late just so I could see a glimpse of her. Honestly, the time difference . If you didn’t know by now, I love sleeping a lot. So it was an effort for me to wake up early and sleep late. But it was all worth it.

            It was Friday and I just got home after Yoona dragged me to have dinner with our other friends. It’s not like I didn’t like them. They were great friends. But I had something I want to do at home. Which was video chatting with Yuri.

            As soon I got to my room, I turned my laptop on. If I was not mistaken, it was afternoon in Japan on Saturday. She didn’t work on the weekend, so hopefully she was online. I grabbed my cell phone to text her if she want to video chat while I log in. But to my delight, she was already online.

            In just a couple of minutes, my laptop screen was showing her waving happily at me.

            “Hello there~”

            “Hi, Yul.” I waved back at her.

            “Did you just got home?”

            “Yeah. I went to dinner with some of my friends.”

            “That was nice.”

            “It was. What are you doing at home on Saturday? Don’t you have any plans?”

            She just grinned and shook her head. Well I guess I was not the only one who’s looking forward to do this video chat. I smiled widely.

            We started to talk about general things and at this point, I couldn’t care less if she had a boyfriend/girlfriend. Even if she asked me to be her mistress I would say yes in a heartbeat. Wait, maybe I could ask her.

            “Jessica? Hey, are you okay?”

            Uh-oh I think I zoned out a little bit.

            “Huh? Oh yeah, I’m fine.” I smiled at her.

            “So what’s your plan for the weekend?”

            “Um.. nothing. Well actually...” be brave, be brave! “I want to video chat with you this weekend.” I felt my cheeks got warm after I said it.

            I could see she was blushing also, “That’s.... a nice plan.”

            We both laughed after that. I felt like a teenager again.

            Suddenly my door burst open and Yoona came inside.

            “Why are you laughing by yourself?” she plopped on my bed. I was sitting on my chair and the laptop was on my desk facing the bed.

            “I was video chatting with my friend.” I moved a little bit so she could see the laptop screen. She sat up and waved to Yuri.

            “Oh hello, Jessica’s friend~”

            Yuri’s face tensed a bit but she waved back, “Hi.”

            “Yuri-ah, this is my roommate, Yoona. Yoong, this is Yuri, my....... my old housemate.” Ugh, how I wished I could change that title of her to ‘my girlfriend’.

            I couldn’t comprehend the look on Yuri’s face now. Relieve? Glad? She just seemed happy when I introduce her to Yoona.

            “Jessica told me a lot about you.” Yoona smirked at me.

            “Ah, she did?” she was smiling widely now. Yoona was standing and moving closer to the laptop.

            “Yep, she told me that she misses you a lot.”

            I widen my eyes. Oh no, she didn’t stop at that.

            “And that one time she went dead drunk just because-“

            “OKAY! That’s enough!” I got up and pushed her out from my room. She just laughed and still trying to said some stuff. I closed my door and locked it. I sat back on the chair and faced my laptop again.

            “Sorry about that. She was kinda crazy.”

            Yuri was grinning, “It’s okay. She said you were dead drunk? You’re a mess when you’re drunk, Sica-ah.” She chuckled.

            I was so going to kill that stupid girl, “I was.”

            “And usually you won’t get drunk unless there’s something bothering you. What happened?” she sounded concern now.

            I got drunk because of you.

            “It happened a long time ago and it was a stupid mistake. Nothing to worry about.” I smiled to assure her.

            She looked disappointed a little bit, but how could I tell her that I got drunk because I thought she didn’t love me anymore? It would be too embarrassing.

            “Oh... okay. But... you know you can tell me anything, right?”

            I smiled hearing her response, “I know. Thank you, Yuri-ah.”

            She smiled back at me. “Um.... Sica-ah?”

            “Yes?”

            She looked hesitant, “She also said that you miss me. Is that true?”

            Yoona was DEAD! But before I could kill her, I was now dying from embarrassment. I bet my whole face was red.

            I couldn’t look straight at her when I answered, “That’s true.”

            There was no sound at all. I finally looked at her and she was looking back at me intently with a broad smile and a hint of pink on her cheeks.

            “I miss you too...... a lot.”

            Yoona just got her life back.         

 

 

Yuri’s

            Monday. I groaned to myself when I heard the alarm on my cell phone kept on ringing. I sat up and put it off. Did I really have to go to work? I spent my whole weekend video chatting with Jessica. Yes, I meant it by saying the WHOLE WEEKEND. I didn’t go out from my apartment at all. If I could, I would do it today too, because it was still Sunday in the States. But unfortunately, it was Monday here and I had this thing to do called ‘work’. I got up and went to shower lazily. It was going to be a boring Monday.

            As I went to my office building with still feeling reluctant, my cell phone buzzed. I took it and the text I got instantly made my day. It was from a girl who could make my stomach flipped with just the mention of her name.

“Good morning! Did you go to work already? Have a nice day, Yuri-ah :) can’t wait for our next video chat~”

            I stopped my track to reply to her. I remembered our conversation and how she laughed at my silliest attempt to joke.

            “Hey, you’re blocking the way!” somebody was yelling right behind me.

            I moved to the side a little bit and looked up to see the person and mumble, “Sorry.”

            Turned out, it was Taewoo with a stupid grin on his face.

            I pouted at him, “Ugh, you don’t need to yell, Oppa.”

            He chuckled and put his arm around my shoulder, “I’m just kidding! But you did kind of blocking the way there, Yuri-ah.”

            We walked together to the office building and I was back concentrating on my cell phone to reply to Jessica. Taewoo was leading the way anyway.

            “Who are you texting to?” he tried to peek, but I managed to sent my reply and chucked my cell phone back to my bag.   

            I just smiled widely at him.

            “What’s with that smile?”

            “Your guessing was right, Oppa.”

            “What guessing?”

            “That girl is her roommate. Nothing more than that.”

            “Aaah, we’re talking about your ex here! How did you know? Did you ask her directly?”

            “No, we were video chatting when suddenly her roommate appeared and she introduced me to her.”

            “Told you she was just a roommate! You’re going to be fine.” he boasted and I just scoffed at him.

            “I’m more than fine. She slipped out that she actually missed me a lot.” I was smiling foolishly now.

            “Well well well, someone is happy~” He poked my cheek.

            I just smiled more. I hadn’t felt like this in quite some time. It felt really good.