Epilogue

Righteousness & Honesty

 

Yuri’s

            I sat on the dining chair and stared at the food I just prepared for her. I started to think that this was a bad idea. I was about to take back what I hid inside the scramble egg when she suddenly appeared, looking all smart and y in her office attire.

            “Morning, baby~” she pecked my cheek before she sat in front of me.

            “Morning.” I tried to smile, hiding the fact that I was super nervous. Oh well, what’s done is done. She’s going to find that special something I foolishly hid inside her food.

            She sipped her coffee and looked at her scramble egg.

            “Thank you for making breakfast.” She smiled oh-so-very-adorably at me. After all these years, I always cook for her and she would always said ‘thank you’. She never took it for granted. I smiled back, admiring the woman in front of me and forgetting a little while about my anxiety.

            “It’s my pleasure.”

            She started to hold the fork and I felt jittery again. She scooped a little bit of the scramble egg and put it in . Still with a smile and eyes on me, “Taste delicious. Like usual.”

            I just smiled and gulped. I could feel my heart thumping hard inside my ribcage.

            She giggled, “Yul, are you okay? You look a little bit off.”

            She looked down at the scramble egg as she was about to scoop another forkful of it, and she froze.

            I froze too. I bet she saw it. Well how discreetly I could hide a ring inside a scramble egg? I started to curse my choice of food. HOW COULD I BE MORE STUPID AND UNROMANTIC TO PUT A RING ON A SCRAMBLE EGG?!

            She finally looked up and she had a wide smile that turned into a ......... fits of laughter. My whole face turned red from embarrassment. Nevertheless, I couldn’t help to laugh along.

            “You know I’m not that romantic kind of girl.” I took the ring and wiped it clean. She finally stopped laughing but still had that smile on her face.    

            “So? What do you think?”

            She giggled again, “Seriously, babe? You’re not even going to do a speech or even ask more suitable question?”

            That’s a good point. What was I doing here?! I was going to propose to her, but instead, I said ‘So? What do you think?’ That was such an epic fail.

            “Uh.. sorry. I’m nervous, this is hard.”

            It was like her lips were made to always smile, “It’s fine. I understand. I-”

            “No. Wait. Let me just start over.” I took a deep breath and reached for her hand while my other hand held tightly on the ring.

            I looked at her confidently, “Forever can never be long enough for me to feel like I’ve had long enough with you. Together can never be close enough for me to feel like I am close enough to you. Forget the world now, we won’t let them see, but there’s one thing left to do. Marry me, today and every day.” I took a breather before I said it again, “Will you marry me, Jung Jessica?”

            I know that was not original and really cliché. But at least I said it without stuttering. I patted myself on my mind for delivering the lines I practiced since last night successfully.

            Her eyes tear a little bit, but then she chuckled, “Isn’t that a line from a song?”

            I smiled sheepishly, “Yes. But that doesn’t mean I don’t mean it.”

            She smiled and nodded, “I’ll marry you, Kwon Yuri. Today and every day. Until your hair turned gray, until I had wrinkles on my face. Until the day I die. I will love you. Forever and always.”    

            My eyes got moist and I slid the ring on her finger and it fitted snugly. “You’re so much better than me with words. Maybe you’re the one who should do the proposal instead.”

            “No. You’re perfect. This was all perfect.”

            She cupped my cheeks and kissed me tenderly.

            Who says a happy ending is such a cliché ending? It’s the perfect ending to every story.  

 

 

 

 


 

 

I know it's waaaay long overdue after I put the complete mark, but better late than never, right? hehehe hope you like the really short epilogue~ 

And...... (shamelessly advertising my own story here hohoho), the next story of Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia is out!

it's sunbyung time everybody! check it out if you're interested~