Drunk

Righteousness & Honesty

 

 

 

Jessica’s

         I heard faint knock on my door. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the time on my cell phone. It’s almost 10 in the morning.

            “Jess? Are you up? Don’t you have classes today?” I heard Yoona’s voice from behind the door.

            I got up from my bed and unlocked my bedroom door. I didn’t bother to open it and went back to sit on the edge of my bed groggily. Yoona swung the door open immediately.

            “Goodness God! You cried yourself to sleep, didn’t you? Your eyes are swollen, Jessie.” she exclaimed as her eyes widen looking at me.

            I looked straight at her eyes and ignored her comment, “Yoong, set a date for me tonight.”

            “What?” She was taken aback from my request because usually she would offer me, rather than I asked her. 

            “I want to go out. I want to go on a date. Tonight.” I repeated myself.

            “Wow. This was the first time you asked me to set you up on a date.”

            “Are you going to do it or not?” I asked her impatiently.

            “Okay, okay. I’ll find someone to go out with you, tonight. But you need to do something with your eyes. It’s really really swollen.”

            I heaved a sigh, “Thank you, Yoona-ah.”

            “No biggies. You’re lucky you’re pretty and there’s a bunch of single ladies out there.” She grinned.

            I smiled a little and stood up in front of the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. Hell, just like what Yoona said, they were really really swollen. I guess I cried an ocean last night. I swore I wouldn’t cry over her again. Last night was the last time. I needed to move on.

            Yoona sat on my bed as I still look at the mirror, “Hey, do you want to talk about it?”

            I turned my body to face her, “What’s there to talk about, Yoong? She moves on. I need to move on too.”

            I was sure I shed my last tears for her last night, but why my eyes turned moist again now?

            She nodded her head slowly, “Okay then, I’ll find the best girl to be your date tonight.”

 

 

Later that night...

            I fumbled with my keys, trying to open the stupid door. Why couldn’t I open this damn door?! I dropped the keys and started banging the door with my fist.

            “OPEN UP! Open up you stupid door!!” I kept on banging the door before it finally opened by itself. I lost my balance but pair of hands quickly wrapped around my torso so I didn’t fall to the ground. 

            “What the hell?!”            

            I looked up to see Yoona’s fuming face.

            “Hi there.” I grinned at her.

            “Are you drunk?!” She pulled up my body so I could stand properly, but I think my legs had gone to sleep already.

            I chuckled, “Maybe~ .... a little bit?” I giggled to myself and encircled my arms around her neck.

            “Goodness, Jessica!” she dragged me who was still clutching on her. She made me sit on the couch. She was about to leave but I hold her wrist and pulled it, making her sit on the couch. I lie down and put my head on her lap.

            “Don’t go. Stay.” I looked up at her.

            “I was just going to get water for you.” She looked at me worriedly.

            I looked straight at her eyes and admired her pretty face. She looked so much like Yuri. I put my hand on her cheek.

            “You look like her.” I caressed her cheek.

            I sat up and cupped her cheeks.

            “Je-Jessica? What are you doing?”

            “You really look like her, don’t you know that?” I studied her similar feature to my ex-girlfriend.

            “Ye-yes you told me before.” Was she stuttering? I giggled again.

            I traced her forehead, eyes, nose with my fingertips and stopped at her lips. I leaned my head closer to her, both of my hands were still cupping her face.

            “Jes-” I silenced her with my lips.

            It was different. It’s nothing like Yuri’s lips. She tried to pull away but I kept kissing her and trapped her with my hands on her face. She finally pushed me by my shoulder and hold me in place, prevented me from kissing her again.

            “Yoona.. please.. let me just...” I moved my hands to her waist and tried to move closer, but her gripped on my shoulder tighten.

            “Jessica, stop it. You’re drunk.”

            I didn’t know why but tears started to stream down my cheeks. I covered my face with my hands and cried harder.

            “I miss her. I miss her so much. I don’t want her to move on. I just want her to be mine again.”

            I kept crying and I felt her hugging me, calming me down.

 

 

Morning after that....

            I stirred from my sleep and my head hurt like hell. Ugh, I didn’t feel good at all. I looked at my surrounding and I just realized I was in my bed, still wearing the same clothes I wore yesterday.

            I remembered I went on a date with a girl last night. She was fun and we went to a club. We danced and drank. I guess I drank a lot and the last thing I remember was she dropped me off outside my apartment building. But how did I end up on my bed? Argh, stupid hangover! 

            Suddenly my bedroom door was open and Yoona went inside my room with a glass of water.

            “Hey, you’re up! Good morning, drunkard.” She handed me the water and I sat up to take it.

            “What happened last night?” I drank the water.

            “You don’t remember?”

            I shook my head and put the empty glass on my bedside table.

            “You almost me last night.” She chuckled.

            “WHAT?!”

            She laughed and sat on the edge of my bed.

            “You really don’t remember?”

            “No. Did I really almost you?”   

            She laughed again, “What’s the last thing you remember?”

            Ugh, why couldn’t she just answer me? “My date dropped me off in front of the building.”

            “Do you remember her name?”

            Damn! What the hell was that girl name?

            She laughed again, seeing me spaced out, trying to remember my date’s name from last night.

            “Stop laughing at me! Just tell me what happened last night.”

            “You really a messed when you’re drunk, Jessie.” She chuckled but stopped immediately when I glared at her.

            “Okay, okay. Hmmm where should I start? Well...... I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing somebody shouting and hitting the poor door senselessly. When I unlocked the door, you’re almost fell down because.. well, you’re drunk. I put you on the couch and then you started to roam your hands on my face, telling me how I look like your ex. Suddenly you just kissed me and thank God I was sane enough to push you away. Then you cried and fell asleep. I, being a good roommate, dragged your-fortunately-petite-body to your room. End of story.” She clasped her hands, as if she finished telling a story to a child.

            I KISSED HER! Memories from last night came back as she told me the story.

            “Oh God, I’m so sorry, Yoong. I didn’t know what I was doing last night.”

            She patted my hand and smiled, “It’s okay. It’s actually a new experience for me, got kissed by a girl.” She chuckled.   

            I exhaled, “I shouldn’t drink too much. I promise you it won’t happen again.”

            “I won’t let it happen again too. Who knows what you would do to me next time.” She laughed again.

            I smile at her, “Thanks for taking care of me, Yoong.”

            “Hey, you would do the same to me.” She winked and stood up, “Breakfast on the table. Eat up, okay. I’ll go to class now.”

            “Okay. Thank you again, Yoona-ah.”

            “Don’t mention it.” She closed the door gently.

            What the hell was I thinking? I kissed her because she looked like Yuri. I was so stupid. Thank God Yoona was cool about it.

            I felt nauseous and my skull was throbbing. Urgh, I really hate hangovers.

            I sat on the edge of my bed before slowly stood up. But then my cell phone rang. I picked it up from my bedside table and looked at the caller ID. My heart stopped beating. I couldn’t believe my eyes as I stare at the screen:

Yulbaby~

            In case you guys wondered, I haven’t change her name on my cell phone. It was not a crime not to change your ex-lovers name on your cell when you already broke up, right?

            I stared my screen cell phone and I wondered what should I do? Should I pick it up or not? Why was she calling me? What she wanted to say?

            I pushed the answer button uncertainly and put the receiver on my ear.

            “Hello?” it’s really her. That voice I longed to hear.

            “H-Hi.” That’s all I managed to say.

            “Hey.” Just a simple ‘hello’ and ‘hey’ were enough to make my heart fluttered. Say something again. I want to hear her voice.

            “Jessica.... how are you?”

            I clutched tighter on my cell phone, I wanted to tell her that I was NOT fine. I was in pain from missing her too much. But my mouth had its own mind, “I’m fine. How are you?”

            “I’m... okay. Umm... Jessica... there’s someone who wants to talk to you.”

            Huh? So she called me not because she wanted to talk to me? “Who is it?”

            “Umm... it’s my mom.”

            Her mom? Was this some kind of sick joke? Again, my mouth had its own mind, “O-Okay.”

            I heard shuffling voices and not long after that,

            “Hello, Jessica-ssi. This is Yuri’s mom speaking.”