Good Life

Righteousness & Honesty

 

Well, here is the final chapter people! I want to say thank you for all of you who read, subscribed, commented, and especially to chevielledewiayu who voted this story. it's overwhelming :') basically, thank you for taking some time to read this~ 

 

Thank you very much! ♥♥♥

 

 

p.s. : next story will be sunbyung ;) 

 


 

 

 

Yuri’s

            I was looking around, trying to find her in a sea of people at the airport. She decided to spend some time with me in Japan before going back to her family for summer break.

            I finally spot her in a distance, struggling to drag her luggage. My breath got hitched. She’s here, my baby was here. I smiled and jogged my way to her.

            Just like in the movies, she looked up and met my gaze. You know in romantic movies, the couple would drop everything and ran to each other.

            Well...... it didn’t happen like that. She obviously wanted to do that, but she couldn’t seem to drop her luggage. Which was a smart move. Somebody could steal it if she did. I smiled even wider seeing her struggling to get to me with her excessive luggage.

            I stopped right in front of her.

            “Hello.” I said breathlessly due to the jog I just did.

            Her cheeks turned pink and her eyes got moist.

            We stood there, looked at each other and just lost in each other stare. Everything else around her was a blur and I swore I was deaf for a couple of seconds. 

            She took a step closer and I couldn’t help to just engulf her in a big hug. She hugged me back in an instant and whisper in my ear, “Hi, baby.”

            It felt so damn right. I pulled away a little bit and stared through her eyes. I wanted to kiss her right there and then, but we’re in a public place, and I still have my manner.

            “I love you.” I didn’t know why I just blurted that.

            She smiled, “I love you.”

            I grabbed her hand and her luggage with my other hand. We started to walk to the parking lot toward the car I rented.

            “You rented a car?” she asked when I open the car door and started to put her luggage inside.

            “Yep.”

            “But I told you I want to explore the city by public transportation, Yul. This must cost you-”

            “I have an income now and it doesn’t cost me much.” I winked and proceed to get inside the driver’s seat. She followed and sat in the passenger’s seat.

            “Still, you have to save money for more important things.”

            “Like what?” I started the engine.

            “Our future.” She grinned at me.   

            I looked at her and smiled, “That is important. But renting a car right now is also important.”

            “Nuh-uh. We could ride a train or a bus. From what I heard, public transportation in Japan is excellent.”

            “Baby, trust me, with your luggage, it is way more logical to rent a car.” 

            I chuckled at my own joke and she just glared at me.

            I started to drive. “Besides, I’d like to have more privacy with my girlfriend. So I can do this.” I stole a peck on her cheek.

            “Yul! Eyes on the road!”

            I laughed and looked to the front again. I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers, but she let go and put my hand back on the steering wheel.

            “Hands on the wheel, Yuri-ah.”

            I pouted at her restricted way of driving.

            “Don’t pout, babe. You don’t look y when you do.” She laughed at me and I pouted even more.

            When we stopped because of the traffic light, she took my hand and intertwined our fingers, “There, we can hold hands when there’s a red light.”

            I looked at her and smiled contently. She looked back at me with such a loving and soft gaze. Just by a stare like that she could make butterflies in my stomach flying everywhere.

            Suddenly she leaned closer and kissed my lips. Those butterflies were jumping and dancing crazily now. 

            It was heaven, to feel her lips on mine again. I momentary forgot that we’re inside the car until I heard honking of cars behind ours.

            I concentrated back on driving, but as I stole glances at her, I saw that she was looking outside the window, trying to hide her red cheeks.   

            I couldn’t help to smile like an idiot. She’s really the most adorable person I have ever met.

 

 

Jessica’s

            “Welcome to my humble home, princess~”

            She said jokingly when we entered her apartment. I giggled at her.

            “Nice home, peasant.” I said back to her. Her living space was smaller than mine in the US, since she was living by herself here. But it was cozy.

            I plopped down on the couch and looked around. Really simple, but homey. She went inside a room which I think was her bedroom to put my luggage and after that she sat at the other end of the couch.

            “Mmm, Yuri-ah? Where will I be sleeping?” I asked unsurely. I could tell there’s only 1 bedroom here.

            “My bedroom, of course.” she answered nonchalantly.

            “Oh, okay.” I could feel warmth clawed back to my cheeks. Gosh, I blushed easily lately.   

            “Are you tired?”

            Honestly I was tired due to the long flight and the jet-lagged. But here I was, finally beside my girlfriend that I was longing for the past months. I didn’t want to waste any minute by being unconscious.

            “Nope.” I shook my head.

            “Pfftt, liar. You almost dozed off in the car many times.” She scooted closer to me and put her arms around my shoulder, I wrapped my arms around her waist and snuggle to her shoulder.

            “The car is too comfy.” I lied again. She snickered.

            “Just sleep, will you?” she rubbed her hand on my upper arm. I felt so comfortable being in her hold like this.

            “I don’t want to. I want to spend every waking moment with you.”

            “Well you do realize, we as human beings need to sleep too, right?”

            “You know what I mean.” She laughed and I bit her shoulder playfully.

            We stayed in each other embrace and I loved every minute of it. But then I yawned and it didn’t go unnoticed by her.

            “Baby, take a nap. I’ll wake you up when it’s dinner time.”

            I tried to keep my eyes open stubbornly and shook my head again.

            I felt her lips on my temple and felt it moving, “I promise I’ll still be here when you’re awake.”

            I didn’t reply to her, instead I snuggled closer. In no time, I was fast asleep in her arms. 

           

 

            There’s something on my cheek. It’s warm. Slowly I woke up from my deep slumber and I realize it’s a thumb caressing my cheek, her thumb. I opened my eyes slowly and greeted by the most beautiful thing ever. A pair of loving eyes stared right to me.

            “Wakey wakey, baby.” It came out so gentle.

            “You’re here.” I put my hand on top of hers that was still on my cheek.

            “Of course. I promise, didn’t I?” she smiled that oh-so-loving smile at me.

            I hummed back to respond and I just noticed I was lying on the couch with a blanket and she was sitting on a coffee table in front of the couch. She must’ve shifted me while I was asleep.

            “Let’s eat? I made dinner.” She stood up slowly and held out her hand. I sat up and took her hand in mine.   

            She’s definitely a great cook. Not being biased or anything, but really her food was delicious! Back when we’re in college, she rarely cooked. Usually Taeyeon or sometimes Sooyoung would cook for us. So this was really the first time she cooked full set menu for me. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

            “Do you like the food?”

            I nodded and swallowed the food on my mouth before I answer her, “I love it! It’s so delicious, babe. I didn’t know you could cook this good.”

            She grinned, “I never really cooked back then, did I? I guess living here by myself made me a good cook.”

            I just nodded again because my mouth was full with food.

            She chuckled seeing me eagerly eating, “Looks like my baby is turning into a gluttonous monster.”

            I swallowed hard before I replied to her, “I’m not!”

            She laughed, “It’s okay, I’d still love you no matter what.”

            There I went blushing again, “Well.... maybe living with one turn you into one. Yoona’s food addiction rubbed on me, I suppose.”

            “Your roommate? Seems like whenever you go, you would find a food-addict to be your roommate.” She’s referring to my old roommate in college, Sooyoung of course.

            I laughed at that, “Yeah. Both of them are really nice roommates though.”

            “Glad to hear it. Oh! Speaking of. Should we tell our friends?”

            “About what?”

            “About... us.”

            I thought for a while. I just realize I haven’t told any of my friends back home about us getting back together. We rarely chat anymore and even when we did, I just seem to forget telling them.

            “Maybe we should tell them on the reunion.”

            “Ah, okay then.”

            Ever since I announced that I was going back to my home country for the summer break, Hyomin contacted the others and set a date to meet. Fortunately, Yuri also had a plan to come home to visit her family.

            We had finished our dinner and Yuri was washing the plates. I looked at her back contently. This was life, a good life.

            “Baby, how’s your mom doing?” I asked her, while still sitting on the dining chair and staring at her y back~

            “She’s doing great. It was almost like she never had cancer.” She answered cheerfully without looking back at me.

            “That’s great news! She’s really a nice person, Yul.”

            “She told me she really likes you.”

            “She does?” I couldn’t help to feel happy. She would’ve hated me before. God blessed her.

            “Yep.”

            She finished washing the utensils and turned to me.

            “So, are you still tired, babe?” she walked towards me. I stood up and she cupped my cheeks.           

            “Nope. I had a good nap and still in jet-lagged mode.”

            “Mmm. That’s good.” Her arms dropped to my waist and she held me tightly.

            “Why is that good? I hate jet-lagged.” I pouted. 

            “Because we won’t be sleeping tonight.” She smiled mischievously. 

            “What do you mean?”   

            She answered me with a kiss.

            I got what she meant when she led me to her bedroom.