Long Distance Relationship

Righteousness & Honesty

 

Wow, I just realized this story is going to an end but it only took a little bit past a month. Nevertheless, I had a nice time writing it :D hopefully you guys had a nice time reading it too.

 

 

Thank you for reading this! 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Jessica’s

            I MISSED HER SO MUCH! I was beginning to regret my decision to study here and I also blamed her for not working in the same country as me. I was getting unreasonable because this long distance relationship started to get its toll on me.

            Things went well at first, I would stay up late or wake up early and she would do the same so we could video chat. But slowly I missed my long hour sleep and because of it, I got really grouchy. We even got in a silly fight because of it.

            I guessed being in a long distance relationship was not that easy.

            I was eating breakfast on a Saturday sulkily.

            “Good morning, lovebird.” Yoona sat in front of me and poured cereal on a bowl.

            “Morning.” I greeted her back flatly.

            “It’s pretty unusual to find you here. You rarely come out from your room and even if you do, you have your laptop with you.”

            “She goes on a stupid outing with her colleagues.” I answered grumpily.

            An outing outside the city, which meant no Internet connection and furthermore, Taewoo was there. Yes, she told me about him. He’s just a friend of her and he’s happily married. But it kind of irked me the way she called him ‘Oppa’ and with the state of mine now, everything’s just seemed to get on my nerve.  

            “Aaaaaaand... you’re getting mad at her because of it?” she asked while eating her breakfast.

            “I can’t help it, Yoong! I really miss her!! But it seems to me that I’m the only one who does.”

            I sounded like a spoiled selfish brat, but seriously, I couldn’t help it! I wished technology were more advanced than they’re already has, because I missed her presence beside me.

            Yoona just chuckled at my outburst, “Listen to yourself. People can get really crazy when they’re in love.”

            “Well I am. I’m missing her like crazy while she’s having fun with her friends!”

            She shook her head at my statement, “It’s her way to deal with this long distance relationship you two are having. I bet she misses you as much as you miss her. Both of you can’t do anything about it. Since you have your classes and she has her job there. So you just have to deal with it.”

            I knew what she said was right. I JUST MISSED HER TOO DAMN MUCH! I heaved a sigh and played with my food.  

            “Since you don’t have anything to do today, why don’t we go out? You know, we haven’t spent quality time together since you got back with her.”

            I looked up at her, feeling guilty. It’s true, I haven’t spent time with my best friend/roommate lately.

            “You’re right. I’m sorry for neglecting you, Yoong. I’m just-” she cut me off sentence.

            “You’re just in love~” she said teasingly.

            I blushed and she laughed.

            “No need to apologize, silly. You’re like a depressed old lady before. So it’s really nice seeing you all happy now. I’m happy when you’re happy, Jessie.” She smiled.

            “Aaaaawh. That’s so sweet. Are you sure you don’t have any feelings for me?” I back.

            Suddenly she turned serious, “What if I do have feelings for you?”

            I froze. WHAT THE?! This.was.so.damn.awkward.

            Before I could react, she burst out laughing.

            “Oh my God, your expression is priceless!” she was still laughing and I just realized she’s just teasing me.

            I slapped her arm, “That’s not funny!”

            She just kept on laughing and I couldn’t help to laugh too.

            She wiped her tears because she laughed too hard and resumed eating her breakfast with still a grin on her face. 

            We finished our breakfast and talked a little bit more.

            “Okay, be ready in 5!” she stood up and went to her room to get ready.

            I was so lucky to have her as my roommate.

 

 

Later that night.....

            I got home and went straight to my room. It was a great day, spending time with Yoona made me forget about missing Yuri that much. I flopped on my bed. It was fun but also tiring. I hadn’t walked around a mall for that long.

            Suddenly I heard a buzz and I looked at the source. It was my cell phone. Goodness God! I forgot to bring my cell phone all day. I picked it up and there were 25 missed calls and 18 text messages. It was all from Yuri!

            I sat up and dialed her number. Instantly she picked up.

            “Sica-ah, I’m so sorry. It’s not that I don’t miss you. It was actually the opposite of it, I miss you so much, it’s killing me. I went to this outing because I thought it could lessen the pain of missing you. Please don’t be mad at me?”

            Just like what Yoona said.

            “Yuri-ah, I’m the one who’s at fault here. I’m so childish and selfish. I just... I miss you very much too. I guess this long distance relationship starts to get to me....”

            “Yeah...... So, you’re not mad at me?”

            “At first I did... but then as I said, it was really childish and stupid of me.”

            “Then why didn’t you pick up your cell phone?” I could tell she was frowning. 

            “I’m so sorry, I went out with Yoona and I forgot to bring my cell phone.”

            “Oh so that’s why......... but you’re really not mad at me, Sica-ah?”

            She’s just as insecure as me.

            “No.. I just miss you badly, Yul.”

            “I miss you too, baby~ So so so so so so so so so so so much. I miss holding hands with you, I miss hugging you, and I miss kissing you.”

            Unconsciously I blushed at her last statement. We kissed a lot of times before, so why did it make me feel shy now?

            “Hey, you okay? Why are you so quite?”

            I didn’t even realize I spaced out, “Uh.. no-nothing. I miss.... doing all of that..... with you too.”

            “You miss holding hands with me?”

            “Yes.”

            “You miss hugging me?”

            “Yes.”

            “You miss kissing me?”

            “......ye-yes.” WHY WAS I STUTTERING?!

            I heard her chuckled, “Why are you stuttering? Are you blushing right now?”

            “No. We.. we did it a lot of times before.” Urgh, I could feel my cheeks warm up.

            “Exactly! So why are you so shy by the thought of us kissing?”

            I couldn’t answer that question even to myself. I heard her laugh again and then she started to make kissing sound.

            “Yul! Stop it.”

            Her laughter died down, “I’m sorry, babe. You’re just too adorable, don’t you know that?”

            I felt giddy hearing her called me ‘babe’ and the compliment that came with it. Gaaaaaaaah, Kwon Yuri! How could you made me feel like this so easily?                     

            “You’re pretty adorable too, Yuri-ah.”

            She chuckled, “I miss you! And I can’t wait to see you.”

            “I can’t wait to see you too~”

            I listened to her voice and hoped for summer break to come sooner.