Graduation

What do you see?

Na Na POV: 

I spent the rest of the week immersing myself in studies and attending night classes to make up some absences. The day finally came. The day when I will start my life away from home. Graduating has always been my dream and now that it's about to come true, I need to search for a new one. I entered the school for the last time and walked down the empty halls to my homeroom. I smiled at the memories I've made this year. I fell in love, I began to sing again, and I made valuable friends. I sat down at my chair for the last time. I rested my head and drifted off to sleep, 

"Kim Na Na," a voice whispered in my ear. I woke up only to see Kang Woo. 

"I am definitely dreaming." I said.

"Yes you are," he continued,"the day has finally come Na Na-ah. Congratulations." He grinned. 

I stood in front of him, dazed at seeing him once again, even if it was a dream. He stayed his 14 year old self but he seemed at peace. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I froze. I didn't want the moment to end. I wanted my best friend back. I began to cry to which Kang Woo hugs me tightly. 

"Na Na-ah, I am always with you in your memories and heart. All you have to do is tell me the name of that nappeum nom and I'll make his life miserable." Kang Woo smiled. 

"Irona Na Na-ah, its time to live." 

-------------------------------

Joon Hee POV:

"Yah, Na Na, irona!" I yelled trying to wake her. She woke up but she had tears streaming down her face. I bent down and wiped them for her,"Yah what kind of person cries on their graduation!" I tell her. 

"Oppa, I saw Kang Woo-ah in my dream."She whispered. I stood still for a moment. 

"Remember when I told you I had business around the area of Kang Woo's memorial?" I told her. She nodded. 

"On the day Kang Woo died he came to see me before he left with you......

*flashback

"Joon Hee-ah, there's someone at the door for you." My mother told me while I was in the middle of piano practice. I open the door to see Kang Woo.

"It's been awhile Kang Woo-ah." I greet him with a smile. He looked like a ghost, "Yah, Kang Woo, are you okay?" I asked suddenly worried.

"Hyung, please help me." Kang Woo said with a sadness behind his eyes. He continued, "I had a dream last night about 2 bunnies in the middle of a field with a group of hunters. One was so helpless and I couldn't bear the sight of her like that. Next thing I knew the hunters were aiming at her. She grew scared and didn't know what to do. The only thing the other bunny with her could do was to distract the hunters so she could escape even if it meant that bunny's death. I think my dream is a sign that I won't have long to live." 

"Don't joke about dying this time Kang Woo, you know I hate jokes like that."I told him. 

"Hyung, if I do die soon will you do me 3 favors?" Kang Woo asked seriously. 

I was getting concerned, but I nodded. My best friend looked at me with eyes full of fear and sorrow. He smiled.

"Favor number one: check Hye Rim-ah into a hospital, I think she's sick. She's been in pain for a couple of weeks, make sure she gets the best medical attention there is and look after her from afar. I don't want you to be close to her because you'll remind her of me which will make her grieving process more difficult. Favor number two: Continue living the life you have after you joined All For One. I don't want you to feel any guilt whatsoever. I want you to become the best without cheating." He said. I look at him with a confused look as to what he meant by cheating. He caught on, "I know you cheat at card games nappeum nom, I lost so many bets because of your cheating, I hope it doesn't transfer to your musical abilities. He said jokingly. 

"What's the third favor?" I ask him. 

"When Na Na graduates I want you to take her to a storage room I have. Tell her she can have whatever she wants from my storage room and that its my graduation gift for her . I also have a storage room for Hye Rim when she graduates also. Here are the keys to each storage, their number, and address." Kang Woo said handing me a peice of paper and two keys. "You can go in whenever you want and make sure dust doesn't collect."He added. 

"What if you don't die soon?" I doubted him. 

He sighed, "If I don't die, I'll be appreciative and do all those things that I left for you to do. This is just a precaution hyung, I just have a feeling that I won't be seeing you anymore, but if it doesn't come to that then its better."He said and smiled. 

If it truly was the last time I saw Kang Woo I couldn't let him leave. I gave him a brotherly hug. 

"Ah before I forget, here's your birthday present. Happy fifthteenth birthday hyung." Kang Woo said handing me a box. With that he left, but he turned around one last time to smile and wave before he walked out. I look at the box before me. I slowly opened it not wanting to ruin Kang Woo's crappy wrapping skills. I open it to see his birthmother's wedding ring. Under it was a note, "Give it to your future wife. I just saved you hundreds of dollars hyung! ^^ P.S. pass it down to your son and so one." I smiled at the note and hid it in a drawer. My best friend wanted me to keep his traditon going into my family and as his friend I'll help him. 

Overtime I met Sun Woo. He reminded me of Kang Woo in a way but he was always too cool to take responsibility. After I investigated him, I found out he lost a little sister and Hye Rim-ah lost an older brother. I thought they could balance eachother out. So I pulled some strings and Sun Woo started doing charitiy at that hospital. Kang Woo would've been proud of what I've done for Hye RIm. He'd also be proud of me for not cheating in any of our competitons with Color Bar. I wish he could see just how much he influenced my life.

Na Na just stood there listening to me. I kneeled and wiped her tears away one more time. "Stop crying Na Na-ah. Today is a happy day for all of us." I smiled at her. 

 

Na Na POV: 

I listened to Joon Hee oppa. He always knew how to make me stop crying. When I saw his smile, it reminded me of all the times I was bullied and with just his smile I'd feel comforted. 

"Kim Na Na, graduation's starting."Sun Woo  came in, "Let's go." He said to me, but he kept looking at Joon Hee. I nodded and thanked Joon Hee. He continued to smile at me and he whispered, "Hwaiting." 

 

Sun Woo POV: 

I came to look for Na Na. When I finally found her, I saw her with Joon Hee. I had this ugly feeling in my stomach and it angered me so much. I collected myself and made my presence known. 

She got up but Joon Hee whispered something in her ear. It annoyed me to no extent. Na Na was already at the door when she asked me if I was coming or not. I turned towards her. "I need to discuss something with Joon Hee." She shrugged and walked off.

I turned towards Joon Hee. "I don't like you getting near Kim Na Na." 

Joon Hee just smiled. "Chill dude, Na Na is like a sister to me. In fact I should be the one telling you to stay away from her. She's been through a lot. More than you know."

I felt angry at him for being so protective of her. "If it makes you feel any better. Na Na likes me." I was starting to get pissed off before he added, "as a brother." Joon Hee started laughing, "It's fun messing with you. You shouldn't worry about me, you should worry about everyone else." I look at him with a blank stare. 

"Look at Na Na. She's gorgeous, she can sing, she can dance, she lives on the dangerous side. She's a total catch. You're not the only one who has noticed her. There are a lot more guys who are attracted to her before and after you. I think there's line. Want me to give you a number?" Joon Hee smiled. Looks like he's having fun. 

"Shut up." I told him rolling my eyes. But he wasn't wrong. Kim Na Na is very popular amongst the guys because she can defend herself and she's hard to get. 

Joon Hee came by my side, "Let's go, the graduation ceremony is starting." 

I followed him to the front of the building. We took our rightful places in line. When Kim Na Na was called I looked at her. She was happy, truly happy. I've never seen her show so much emotion. I'm glad I witnessed it. At the corner of my eye I saw someone suspicious. He had a hoodie and a Yankees hat. He was about my height and left right away before I had a look, but I could've sworn he had his eyes on Na Na the whole time.