Storage Room

What do you see?

Sun Woo POV: 

A week has passed since graduation. Most of my days were spent lazing around and not doing much of anything. My mom entered my room. "Sun Woo-ah, you need to go out. A young man needs fresh air once in awhile." She said. I rolled my eyes. Like always, I follow my mom's orders. 

I don't know where to go. I don't even know what I want to do. I went to the park where I was with Na Na during the graduation party. I sat down on the same bench and stared at the swings across from me. I smile, rememebering what happened after the fireworks...

*flashback

The fireworks had just ended and Na Na was still looking up at the sky expecting more. She was in a complete daze. "Na Na?" I said waving my hand in front of her. She smiled coming back to reality. At times I wonder what she thinks. It's frustrating not knowing or being able to read her. Sae Yi was basically and open book, as was Seol Chan, but Na Na wasn't. She stood up and walked over to the swing set in front of us. She sat down and started swinging. I watched as she flew higher and higher, slowly picking up the pace. I decide to join her. I sat right next to her and I began swinging. It felt... liberating. I forgot all my troubles and just enjoyed the breeze. 

Minutes later we had another awkward silence. Eun Ha came out of the party. "Na Na, Sun Woo, there's still some fireworks left." At that moment Kyu Dong and Do Nam come out with lighters. I chuckle and we begin to set the fireworks. Eun Ha turns towards Na Na, "Here, you have to light this one." Eun Ha said smiling. Na Na just nodded. 

We lighted all of them and waited for them to go off. Do Nam's rocket was a beautiful green spiral. Kyu Dong's was a red spider. Eun Ha's rocket was a rainbow explosion. My rocket was a typical one but it changed colors constantly. Na Na's rocket was the loudest and definitely the most beautiful firework. It was also in the shape of a heart. I turn to look at Na Na but she had a poker face so I couldn't read her. 

After we emptied all of the fireworks I look for Na Na and asked her which one she liked the most. She looked at me in the eyes and smiled. "The heart shaped one is the best. I wonder if it was coincidence or not." She mummbled the last part, but I heard pretty clearly. I smiled at her and turned around. I swore I saw someone behind the trees. Then again it was dark and the noise from the fireworks temporarily damaged my hearing. I turn back again and I saw that guy from earlier. The one with the Yankees cap and hoodie. I ignored it... for now. 

 

Na Na POV:

I was on my way to the storage room when I saw Sae Yi walking in a daze. I approached her. "You're going to get into a car accident if you continue walking like that." I told her. She gave me a blank look. I sighed, "Something on your mind?" She looked at me and nodded. 

"I'm afraid that I'll forget about Seol Chan. I miss him less each day." She said with sincerity. "Sae Yi, you'll never forget him. He'll always be your first love. It hurts now because we're young and new at this, but one day you'll fall in love again, and if it doesn't work out then someone new will come." I told her. I then remembered that day when I sang my heart out at the salon thinking of Sun Woo. Na Na, it hurts now but it'll get better, I told myself. 

We turned the corner when I saw Joon Hee oppa walking our way with a huge smile on his face. "Oppa, why are you so happy?" I asked him. Sae Yi gave me a look. If I didn't know Sae Yi any better I'd say it was a look of jealousy. Joon Hee oppa looked at me, "I got accepted into that elite orchestra I told you about earlier." He said practically beaming, he added, "All the hours spent practicing had finally paid off." I couldn't help but smile at his giddiness. "Want to celebrate?" He asked us. I shook my head no, "Oppa, go celebrate with Sae Yi. She's been down lately and treat her nice. I'm going to see the storage room." I answer him. Sae Yi gave me a look of fear of leaving her alone with Joon Hee. "He won't do anything to hurt you. I promise." I whispered to her. She was a little bit relieved but still alert. Joon Hee oppa nodded," Have fun, Sae Yi, let's go celebrate. I need to tell the world just how happy I am. Lets go." He said while grabbing her arm and taking her away. 

After ten minutes I finally found the storage room. It looked like a garage door. I use the key to open the door. The lights were off. Once I found the light switched I turned it on. There I saw a sleek navy blue motorcycle. I stood frozen. 

*flashback

My father wanted to take me, Kang Woo, and Joon Hee to Seoul for a day of adventure. Joon Hee couldn't make it last minute so it was me and Kang Woo. On the long car ride there we played various games. "Na Na, One day I will own that car right there." He pointed at a pearl white Lexus. I look at my car window and I saw the most beautiful motorcycle ever, It was a scorching red with the chinese character for rain. "Na Na, do you like that motorcycle?" Kang Woo asked. I nodded, "If only the color was blue, then it'd be perfect. I stare at it once more before suggesting we play another game. 

I approached the motorcycle slowly. I look at the front and instead of the chinese character for rain, it was a bunny paw. The tears started to come faster and faster each time I cried. I quickly wipe them away and look around the storage room. I walk towards a cabinet and open it. There I found a scrap book. I sat down and opened it. There were several picture of me, Kang Woo, and Joon Hee. The three musketeers, The three power rangers, the three samurais,the three blind mice. I smiled as I looked at our past costumes for costume parties. I flip each page, each memory, that was captured. Once I got to the last page, it had a picture of Kang Woo and Joon Hee by my side. It was the last day we officially hung out together. It was also the day when Kang Woo and Joon Hee both lost their tempers with eachother and physically fought after some words were said. On the bottom of the scrapbook was an inscription: Without the moon the sun will be fine but without the sun the moon will not shine. Reading that I began to cry. I never knew what Kang Woo meant to me, but to him, I was a very special person. I cried even harder after knowing his feelings after all these years. How could he be able to make me feel this way when he's not here. 

My phone began to ring: Sun Woo. I quickly clear my voice, "Yes?" Was that too vague? Oh well can't change my greeting now. 

"Na Na! Come to the hospital. Hye Rim-ah is getting worse."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My birthday's tomorrow so I'm very excited!!! ^-^ I want to write another story but I don't know over which drama I should write about or who I should pair up with who. If you have any suggestions it'll be greatly appreciated :) Also this story will have a total of 15 chapters. Have a great day my readers. \(^o^)/