Only a Dream

What do you see?

Sun Woo POV:

I was by Na Na's side waiting for her to wake up. The doctor told me she had a shock and temporarily fainted. I wonder what shock she could have recieved to make her this way. I looked down at the sleeping beauty. I debated whether or not to hold her hand. I cautiously went for it. It felt good to have her hand in mine. I wanted to protect her. I stared at Na Na sleeping. She was so beautiful. How can a girl be so beautiful? I looked at her peaceful expression. After awhile I drifted off to sleep. 

 

Na Na POV: 

I woke up only to see a sleeping Sun Woo by my side. I smiled at the sight of him. Then I remembered what happened before the blackout. The way the guy looked at Hye Rim-ah, the way he sang, his eyes... or was it all in my head? Did I make him up because of the timing of things? The heart shaped firework, the motorcycle, yes Na Na, you're just hallucinating. I tried to tell myself that, but I felt that wasn't entirely true. I turn to look at Sun Woo. He looked like a little kid sleeping, so peaceful and undisturbed by life. I then see our hands intertwined with one another. It felt... right. I look at Sun Woo once more before waking him up. "Yah, Sun Woo-ah, Irona." I wake him up gently. He stirred before he opened his eyes. "Yah Na Na, are you okay?! What happened? Why did you faint?" Sun Woo fired questions right away before he called for the nurse. The nurse came in and told me I was good to leave. I got up and went to Hye Rim's room. Sun Woo followed me with a worried expression. I stopped at the door. I turn towards Sun Woo, "Can you get me food? I'm starving." I tell him. He nodded and left. I opened the door only to see Hye Rim sleeping. I took a step into the room, then the images I saw in my head earlier came back feeling more real. I remember his voice, his gaze, and his eyes. I shook my head to rid myself of illogical thoughts. Hye Rim began to wake up. When she saw me she smiled and began to cry. I approached her. "Wae? Why are you crying Hye Rim-ah?" I ask her. She looked at me with wet eyes and began, "I had a beautiful dream. I saw an angel. He was very good looking and had such a beautiful voice. Hyung was right in front of me. Singing the song we made him. Unnie, it was such a beautiful dream, I didn't want it to end." Hye Rim started to cry even harder. I hugged her but it unnerved me how we both had that same dream. 

 

Sun Woo POV: 

I came into Hye Rim's room with a chocolate cake and her present. I started to sing Happy Birthday when I saw her crying. I continued to sing to her until she smiled brightly at me. I turned off the lights and lit the candle approaching her. She closed her eyes and blew. Na Na smiled. I handed Hye Rim her present. She opened her present and practically screamed with glee when she saw what it was. It was a handwritten letter from Seol Chan, a song he recorded for her specifically, and his new album with Men in Black that hadn't hit the stores yet. Seol Chan didn't hand these items for free though, so now I am in a huge debt with him. I grimaced at the idea of Seol Chan practically owning me, but the look on Hye Rim's face was worth it all. I look at Na Na who seemed a bit out of it. 

Once Hye Rim's bedtime came, me and Na Na left to walk outside in the garden behind the hospital. We sat down on a bench when I finally asked her what was wrong. She hesitated, but she told that she thought Kang Woo was alive and explained what happened to her. I didn't know what to say to her. I was angry at first because Kang Woo held a special place in her heart, but what she said made sense. That would explain several coincidences. I sighed. "Na Na, it was only a dream." I don't know why I said that. It can be due to the fact that I am a selfish person and I don't want Na Na to linger on to a hope. 

*flashback

I ran towards the hospital. I went to Hye Rim's room expecting to see Na Na but she wasn't there. I called her cell, but instead of her picking up it was a male voice on the other end. "She's in room 112." He simply said and hung up. I ran towards that room thinking a million possibilities. When I finally got there I saw a guy around my age looking at Na Na intently as if wondering if she was really in front of him. He then turned around to face me. I recognized him right away. He was the guy who handed me my phone earlier. He just acknowledged me with a nod. She fainted, the doctor said it was due to a shock. I'll leave her in your hands now." He said and began walking away. I called out to him before he left. "Who are you?" I asked him. He turned around and weakly smiled at me and responded, "Just someone who did a good deed." He turned and left. I stared at his back as he left. He looked very familiar. That's when I realized he was the guy with the Yankees cap.

 

Kang Woo POV: 

Na Na saw me. I sighed knowing she will think it was a dream. I was walking in an abandoned road when I suddenly heard cars screech by and stop in front of me. Two burly guys came out and approached me. I sigh not wanting to go with them. One of them began to speak. "Yah Kang Woo, don't make it difficult for us. Please come with us. If not the boss will surely teach us a good lesson." I look down at the burly dude. I liked his method of persuasion, so I gave in and went with them. I got in the black sedan and looked out the window. I tried to remember what had happened to me on the day I supposably died. I looked down at my necklace. Memories came up of a girl smiling, laughing, teaching me her ways. Then came the painful memories of that girl crying, screaming.... dying. I rid my thoughts of those images and looked forward. We finally reached our destination: My father's house.