A new beginning

What do you see?

Na Na POV:

Kang Woo is alive. He is standing before me. I continue to stare not believing my eyes. He was calm and answered the lawyer's question. "Why wait a year to accuse my client?" Lawyer Soon asked. Kang Woo didn't even bat an eyelash, "because you would not have done anything without evidence." He replied. His voice changed. It was deeper and it lost its warmness. In my mind, the Kang Woo before me had changed completely. His eyes aren't as bright as they once were. He suffered a lot. Once I heard what had happened to Kang Woo over the past three years, I felt that a part of his distress was my fault. I look at my dad. He showed no remorse, or emotion for that matter. He just zoned out. I know my dad loves me and I love him, but he has taken many lives for the sake of his reputation. The fact that he made an attempt for Kang Woo's life angered me, but I always knew he was like this. Cunning and precise in getting what he wants. The recess began.

"Kang Woo-ah." I barely whispered. He turned around and smiled at me. I did a double take, his smile was still the same. We sat down at the cafe across the street. "Mian Na Na. For letting you suffer." Kang Woo said breaking the ice. "I forgave you the minute you released me." I said. It was quiet for a couple of minutes. "What are you doing after this whole thing blows over?"I ask him. "I want to travel the world."He replied. I immediately look up. He was dead serious. "You just came back to life." I reply. He stays silent. "After three years of thinking you were dead, and then you suddenly come back to life, and you're leaving?"I said wondering what was the point of him entering my life again. "Na Na-ah, I completeld my promise of giving my family justice." Kang Woo said. "How are they YOUR family?" I asked getting angrier by the second. "Because I loved them more than my own!" Kang Woo yelled. I didn't know what to think. I've never offended Kang Woo. He sighed. "Joon Hee knew I was alive two years ago. We ran into eachother. When he saw me, he ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug ever, saying he was sorry for everything that he did to upset me. Then Ha Ni came to my rescue and convinced Joon Hee hyung that I wasn't the same person. I think he always knew what happened to me. That bastard always knows the truth." He said with a smile on his face, reminicing the past. I also noticed how his eyes immediately brightened when he spoke of Ha Ni. "She must be someone special... Ha Ni." I tell him. He weakly smiled, "Yea, she was." In a way, I felt jealous that Kang Woo had fallen for someone else, but at least he had someone who loved him back. "What if I travel the world with you?" I asked him. Kang Woo chuckled. "Why would you come with me, and make a person wait here." Kang Woo said. The confused look on my face made him continue, "Sun Woo."He said. "What about Sun Woo?" I ask him, genuinely interested in what he had to say." "Don't make the guy wait like you did me Na Na. Sun Woo really likes you." Kang Woo said chuckling. "I have to go, and about your father...I'll make sure he doesn't get a harsh sentence." Kang Woo stood up and left, walking out of my life once again. I had no idea that he'd walk out forever.

Sun Woo POV:

The news of Na Na's father was all over the media. He was found guilty and sentenced to ten years and a bunch of community service. Next thing I knew I was in front of Na Na's house waiting anxiously for her to come home. An hour passed when I saw her walking. "Na Na! Are you okay. I heard it over the news. Are you alright?" I ask her feeling a bit ridiculous for acting like a lovesick puppy. Na Na approached me and stared into my eyes. My heart started beating like crazy. My palms started getting sweaty. Her eyes have captivated me once again. Instead of her breaking the trance like when I tried on her jacket, it was me who broke it. "Sun Woo. Do you like me?" She asked. I was startled. "If you don't then stop looking for me." She continued. She didn't give me a chance to respond and walked off. I ran after her, and pulled her into a hug. "You didn't give me a chance to answer. I like you. A lot. If I didn't, why would I be here." I tell her. I could here Na Na quietly sniffling. She then put her arms around me. I never wanted to let go. 

Na Na POV:

Sun Woo likes me. I don't know why I started crying. Maybe because I was too happy. Is that possible? Crying for happiness. I put my arms around his waist and hugged him back. Sun Woo then parted. He wiped my tears away and leaned slowly. I was frozen for a moment. This moment is real. My eyes were slowly closing. He then kissed me. His lips were warm and soft against mine. It was sweet and gentle. He pulled back and smiled at me. I smiled back. 

Sun Woo POV: 

When Na Na smiled at me, I felt giddy inside. I leaned in one more time and gave her a quick peck. I was super ecstatic. I left with a big smile on my face. I passed the park when I heard my name. I turned around only to see Yankee cap. "Kang Woo." He introduced himself and held his hand out. I cautiously took it. "Let's have a chat." He said leading me toward the park bench. We sat right next to eachother. "Take good care of her. She deserves happiness." He said. I look at him. He cared for Na Na. "I will make her happy." I reply. He smiled, "I know." That was all he said. We sat in silence for a long time. Not a word was said but we knew what was going to happen next. We both stood up, gave one last smile, and walked away from eachother without looking back. 

 

*3 years later

You are coordinally invited to Sae Yi and Joon Hee's engagement party. 

Na Na and Sun Woo gave the invitation to the bodyguard and walked into the party. Sun Woo held Na Na's hand tightly. Joon Hee and Sae Yi greeted everyone that entered. "Who would've thought those two would end up together." Sun Woo whispered into Na Na's ear. "Who would've thought that we'd end up together." Na Na replied, smiling. Sun Woo then saw Seol Chan and greeted him. Seol Chan introduced his date, Ari. Na Na then pulled Sun Woo away from Seol Chan. Sae Yi came and thanked Na Na for being the maid of honor. Eun Ha then interrupted, "Was the reason I wasn't chosen because I didn't call you last week." She whined. Sae Yi smiled, "She was the reason Joon Hee and I had our first date." Eun Ha sent jealous daggers to Na Na. "Where's Kyu Dong? Do Nam?" She asked. "Kyu Dong can't make it. He has too much on his schedule. Do Nam should be here after his judo class ends." Sae Yi says. "Do Nam, Judo class?" Eun Ha asks confused. Na Na steps in, "He teaches little kids." "Ohhhh, gotcha."Eun Ha snapped her fingers and winked. 

"There's my beautiful fiancee." Sun Woo said as he hugged Na Na from behind. "Don't worry, our engagement party will be bigger and better than theirs." He whispered. Na Na smiled. "I don't care, as long as it's you I'm marrying." Sun Woo leaned in and kissed her just as the fireworks lit up the sky. Sun Woo then hugged her from behind, watching the fireworks display. One particular firework caught Na Na's eyes though. It was the big red heart. She held onto Sun Woo's hand and smiled. Letting go of the past, she was ready to start a new beginning by Sun Woo's side. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for reading!!!!!! I delayed writing this chapter for soo long. Thank you suscribers and commenters for following this story and for not being too harsh on me. As for my next project, I will start three: Dream High 2, my OTP being Rian and Jin Yoojin AND Dream High with Hye Sung and Jin Gook AND 49 Days with Ji Hyun and Schueduler. Thank you all again for your support.