Dance Class and Forgetting about a Member

City of Seoul High School

 

 

 

 

XIUMIN

 

 

 

“Chanyeol! Please, reserve yourself from looking like a monkey with that step.”

Ma’am BoA shouted at Chanyeol who pouted in response but we all know that when it comes to dance practices, aegyos won’t work on Ma’am BoA and she’s serious for the meantime, so we only held back our chuckles.

“Okay! One, two, three, go!” She counted and we all continued with the dance choreo she’s teaching us, it’s a hip hop one and one of my fave dance types.

Typically, my 100% attention are on my moves but having Hyoyeon in front of me, swaying her body to the steps effortlessly but with power and oozes her y character, makes me lose focus.

“Hey Xiumin, look at me as I instruct the next steps not on Hyoyoen.” Ma’am BoA called to me as I comprehend that all of them are looking at me as I stare at Hyo’s back but now her confused expression is facing me.

I gasped and Hyo just gave me a smile and turned back.

“Xiumin, please, don’t add to my list.” I heard Baekhyun whisper behind me, I just rolled my eyes on him and ‘tsked’.

 

“Okay, 3 minutes water break!” Ma’am BoA shouted and we all settled down on the floor with sweats forming on our bodies.

 

 

“Are you okay Xiumin?” Hyoyeon asked me while leaning down, extending a water bottle.

I nodded and grabbed the water bottle then she asked me if she could sit beside me since there are no spaces anymore because the equipment of the Drum and Lyre Club is temporarily placed here, I agreed and she sat down.

I blush a little when her shoulder touched mine since she’s wearing a sleeveless shirt.

 

 

“Umn, Xiumin, may I ask?” She turned to my side and my heart beated louder as her angelic face is pretty close to mine, I can feel piercing glares at me but I just ignored them since I’m not doing anything wrong… maybe not yet.

I nodded, tearing my eyes from hers. Then she continued,

“Did you train some sports? Because your moves looks like it exerts force because of being too precise, like every moves are calculated.” She asked and I was quite astonished that she can tell that just from judging my moves for a short time and she’s even in front of me. And it’s true, since I trained in Taekwondo.

“Yes! I was a Taekwondo student before. That’s really amazing Hyo, to point it out with just seeing me dance for a while and you’re even in front of me, how can you tell?” I asked with full of incredulity of her observement.

“Ah.. It’s just that you reminded me of other dancers who’ve also undergone some sports before turning to dancing.” She said and I smiled at that. She’s really amazing.

Woah Xiumin, get a hold of yourself before Lay, Sehun and Chanyeol choke you with their glares, and thanks that Baek is now talking to Kyungsoo so the number of your future murderers will be lessened.

Then Ma’am BoA went back in the center of the Dancing Room and we resumed the practice.

After another hour of dance practice, Ma’am BoA gave us individual evaluation. We’re all lined up in two rows with GG in front of us.

“You guys just seat down, I know you’re all tired, and as usual, I’m sorry for being too hard on you again.” Ma’am BoA said and let out a smile. When she smiles, that means that we can joke around her already.

 

Then she took out her Black Ribbon.

 

 

The Black Ribbon is only available for Special Classes, when it’s given to a student, it means he/she stood out the most for that session.

 

 

She walks by our line and scans down each of us then she halted infront of Hyoyeon.

I can tell that Hyoyeon still doesn’t know the Black Ribbon’s meaning, when she only has a blank face turned to confusion when Ma’am BoA handed her the ribbon and we all clapped.

“From your reaction, I guess you still don’t know what Black Ribbon means.” Ma’m BoA said and she explained its meaning,

“Black Ribbon, when given to a student means that their performance in the allotted time for the session only in Special Classes was highly appreciated by the teacher.” Ma’m BoA said as she picks her papers from the table.

“You’re the new one right? But you already gave me a great start with your moves and techniques, it’s like you already trained 5 types of dances and trained for them in 7 years. Did you have any special dance training? Or something?” Ma’am asked kindly.

But Hyo shook her head gently and smiled with her answer,

“I didn’t have any formal dance training but Hyochun, my brother, is a fan of locking, I’m sure you know it’s a dance type. So whenever we don’t have school classes, him and I would go watch videos in the internet and try to copy the moves we see and we also click the ‘how to’s’ with connections to locking.” She said with full of honesty. This girl has the professionalism spreading in her dance but she didn’t even train? Wow. Just, wow.

Ma’am BoA smiled really wide and patted Hyo’s head.

“You’re born to be a Dancing Queen, Kim Hyoyeon. I’ll keep your name scrolled in my head from now on.”

Then the girls tried to pinch her cheeks but Ma’am cleared and we sat straight.

“Kyungsoo, keep your smooth moves, you’ll have ‘A’ for today.” Kyungsoo raised his hands on a fist.

“Sehun, please, get rid of that poker face, btw, your dance is still great and you’re using the techniques well. ‘A’ for you too.” And Sehun high-fived with Kyungsoo, not minding too much about Ma’am’s first comment.

“Xiumin, you still have the ‘perfect little dancer’ title for me. ‘A’ for you.” Yes! I shouted and everyone laughed.

“Tiffany, your effort to improve makes me be more proud of you. B for you girl.” And Tiffany gave her an eyesmile.

“Yuri, just add more flexibility in your stomach, you’ve been working out for abs, right?” Yuri nodded.

“B+ for you today.” And Yuri smiled.

 

Then all of us got our evaluations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But the question that all left our minds for 2 days, intruded when Ma’am BoA brought it back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Where is Kai?” She asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Only Taeyeon spoken,

“OMG. We forgot about him.”

 

 

 

 

YURI

 

 

 

I can’t believe we, except Hyo since she hasn’t met him, totally forgot about Kai, EXO’s y Dancing Machine (as how his fans call him).

 

As soon as the bell rung indicating that the Special is now half over for today, Suho and Taeyeon made us form into a circle to discuss about Kai’s whereabouts.

“Okay, all of us are at fault for completely forgetting about Kai.” Suho started but Jessica said,

“Well not Hyo, since she hasn’t seen him yet.” Jessica said and everyone agreed.

“So.. What plan do we have here guys? It’s not like we can just wait for him to pop out when it’s been almost 2 days already that he’s been missing.” Taeyeon asked.

 

 

 

 

There was a moment of silence since all of us don’t have a clue to know where the hell he is.

 

 

 

 

“Why don’t you call him first? Don’t you have his cellphone number? Or his parents or other close friends.” Hyoyeon suggested and we are about to hit our heads on the wall for not thinking about that. How st*pid.

Then all of the EXO guys brought out their cellphones and called Kai, though it was only Kris that got an answer.

“Kai! Where have you been all this time?” He asked and then muttered silence for the next seconds before nodding and ending the call.

“What did he say?” Sunny asked.

“He told me that he was still on vacation until yesterday and rested today but he’s attending school tomorrow.” Kris explained.

“Let’s get ready for his fans tomorrow, since he’s also a dancer outside school, I bet his loud fans will also come and flood the gates.” Luhan said and everyone sighed except Hyoyeon who instead asked,

“Why? Is he a celebrity or something?” And it was Tao who answered her,

“Well, Kai already has a good number of fans here in CSHS but he’s also a member of a popular dance crew who joins competitions outside school so he also gained other fans from different places, we said they will flood the gates because his fans loves screaming and Kai so much.” He explained and patted Hyo’s head gently as she nodded in understanding.

“Though he can be an air-head sometimes, I think he’ll be amaze by your dancing Hyo, who knows you’ll be partners?” Sooyoung said but Sehun interrupted,

“Excuse me, but I’m good enough for Hyo.” He said but Sooyoung just rolled her eyes.

“But I can imagine, I’m rapping while Hyo is waving her body and does cool steps.” Chanyeol said in a dreamy stare in the ceiling. Lay scoffed and said,

“Come one guys, we’re going to be partners who’ll dance samba, cha-cha and more, dances with many physical interaction, but I’ll be careful, I promise.”

“Na ah, I’m ready to teach her precision and other techniques using taekwondo, both teaching and impressing her.” Xiumin surprisingly said, making the other guys has unreadable expressions on their faces making I and the girls laugh,

“Hey Xiumin you’re caught on her too? I already told you right? I’ll sing and she’ll dance, in rhythm.” Baekhyun said with arms crossed.

“Calm down you geckos, I think Hyoyeon is not getting what you all mean until you all tell her directly, right Hyo?” Tiffany asked but Hyoyeon is not on her side anymore and so are Tao and Sunny.

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s my Dancing Queen?” Baekhyun asked with scrunched eyebrows breaking the silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s not yours.” I interrupted.

 

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON

 

 

 

 

When Tao answered my question earlier, Sunny asked me to go with her in the Library to borrow a book and I granted her request but Tao said he has to meet his Teacher in Wushu class so he went out from the room with us.

 We didn’t get the chance to tell them because they’re so busy to hear us calling to them.

 

 

We parted ways with Tao when we got in the Library.

 

 

Amazement filled my eyes when I saw the Library, though Sunny told me it’s not the biggest one yet in CSHS, it still looks luxurious. Sunny told me to just meet at table #4 as she go find the book, I said ‘yes’ and she searched off.

I went to the fictional books since I’m pretty into them because my Dad used to be a fictional writer, well, when he’s still alive. As I scan the first row of the books, something caught my attention at the above, a book with silver borders that shines perfectly, I tried to reach it, but thanks for my petite body, I need to jump just to get it, but not still enough. When I finally gave up but to search for a ladder, someone picked the book and gave it to me.

I smiled to him, my nicest one and gave a bow as I thank him. He has a good face structures like Chen and has a tall and body with good-size muscles and he also has a blonde hair but dirty blonde one.

“Hello, I’m Eunhyuk, the Librarian here, are you new here?” He asked, I nodded and he smiled back,

“I saw you going to this section, I got interested since only few students goes here and I want to show you this book and it’s exactly what you’ve been reaching out, coincidence, isn’t it?” He said with a smile again.

“Ah.. it’s because my father used to be a fictional writer so I’ve gotten close to this genre.” I told him and he nodded in understanding but paused for a while to ask,

“Used to be? Why? Did he changed his occupation?” He asked and my heart sunk a bit.

“The truth is, he’s…gone.. to the heavens.” I chuckled to ease the awkward silence.

He was about to say sorry but I stopped him immediately,

“It’s okay, you didn’t mean it anyways.” I said and I heard Sunny calling to me in a little bit softer voice because we’re in the library.

I looked at the direction of Sunny’s voice and turned back to Eunhyuk.

“Thanks again for reaching the book for me Eunhyuk, I hope to see you again.” I said and took my bow.

But he held my wrists and I turned back on him,

“Eunhyuk?” I asked.

“Just want to know your name.” He said and let go of my wrists.

“Hyoyeon, Kim Hyoyeon at your service.” I said and bowed again.

“Bye, Eunhyuk!” I finally said and went to Table #4.

 

 

 

 

“Woah, what’s that book?” Sunny said as I was handling the Book earlier with silver borders that Eunhyuk helped me reach.

“Let me see!” She said while grasping the book from me, I let her get it and she smiled and let out an ‘oh’ with .

“Dancing with my eyes.” She read the title and flipped some pages.

“The title is a bit off since you dance with your feet more than sight because some dancers close their eyes feeling the dance.” She said and looked at the prologue.

“A tale of a woman whose dream is to be someone who can emphasize the beauty of using steps of feet and flow of arms and be recognize as who she is and what she can do but along the way, she also grabbed the hearts of men that only shows and disappears from the dark. What will she catch first? Love or Desire?” She read and she has this grin on her face when she glinted at me.

“This book is perfect for you Hyo.” Sunny imparted an eye-smile and we went back to our special class’ room.

 

 

 

I saw Lay and Baekhyun walking towards me with scrunched up eyebrows and crossed arms.

“Where did you go?” Lay asked and I don’t know what to do so I just stood frozen on my spot.

“I thought Tao kidnapped you or something.” Baekhyun said with a snort.

Then Luhan grabbed the two’s by their ears suddenly,

“You know, it’s not like you’re Hyoyeon’s boyfriends to glue all over her and asking her stuffs she has the rights to keep on her own.”  He said and all nodded.

 And we all headed out to eat lunch on the cafeteria. By the way, there are 3 cafeterias in school, located in between the buildings and the one closest in the Diamond building is the farthest one for the other 4 buildings so most of the students who go there are Diamonds.

“Where do you want to eat girls?” Kris asked GG and the girls gave each other a look.

“You’re coming with us, again?” Sooyoung said with a click on her fingers, she looked like she’s joking so I laughed.

She pinched my cheeks asking ‘what’s funny?’ and while she’s doing it, I heard EXO and GG talking,

“Well, I think it’s a good thing, also starting next week, different contests and performances will be given by the School and since we’re partners in Special Classes and both of our groups are currently on top on the ‘CSHS Group Chart Rankings’, we need to fix our bondings, but we’re not saying such as relationships, just pure friendship and school-work-mates.” Suho explained thoroughly.

Taeyeon signaled something to Sooyoung who stopped pinching my cheeks and grabbed me to the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

DOUBLE UPDATE~!

YAY! Here are your rainbows~!! :D

I'm very sorry for those who were waiting for Kai here..

It's my real plan, but soon, he'll have a tremendous entrance here! :D

Just wait.

 

 

Sorry for not updating earlier.

I got into a fight with my Sis and she didn't help me bring back the internet in my laptop so I have to find the way myself.

 

Thanks guys~!

 

 

MUWAH! <3 :D