Progress

Where I Belong
The next two weeks passed in what felt to some of the members like a flash. The days seemed to blur together, their schedules packed with performances and appearances on radio shows. Their popularity grew with each day, and with it, the number of pictures posted on their fan sites. Fans seemed to be keenly interested in the relationships between the members, pairing them up in what they thought would be perfect matches. Everyone seemed to have their own opinions on which members fit together more.
 
One of the favorite couples was Doojoon and Yoseob, which Hyunseung teased the latter about on an almost daily basis. It was a rare opportunity for payback from all the teasing Yoseob always did to him, and he took it.
 
Of course, those in favor of a pairing between himself and Junhyung seemed to grow just as much as those who loved Doojoon and Yoseob. Hyunseung did his best to ignore it, but it wasn’t easy when Yoseob seemed to find great pleasure in shoving him and Junhyung together any time they were on stage.
 
Junhyung didn’t seem to mind. Then again, he didn’t seem to have an opinion on the couplings at all. He’d browse the fan sites with mild interest, but seemed to leave the couple sections for the other members. Once he knew how the fans had enjoyed their performances or, in some rare cases, critiqued them, he would let the computer pass to someone else. 
 
Hyunseung’s ease with Yoseob came a little faster than the others, primarily because he’d known him for a little bit before joining the company. Dongwoon’s friendship with the dancer grew almost as quickly. Hyunseung felt comfortable around the maknae, and enjoyed the discussions they would occasionally have. It still felt strange to be living in a dorm with five other guys, but he was getting used to it. 
 
If only he wasn’t such a wreck around Junhyung.
 
Anytime the rapper took part in a conversation, Hyunseung seemed to have a difficult time thinking of anything to say. He’d stammer and fall silent, trying so hard to think of a reply that conversation would end up moving on around him and Junhyung’s eyes would narrow at him. The others seemed inclined to just ignore his behavior, accepting it as normal and allowing Hyunseung time to recover before attempting to bring him into discussions again. By the time he was able to formulate some sort of coherent thought and blurted it out, the conversation had moved on so far that everyone would look at him as if he’d sprouted another head and started singing show tunes. 
 
That wasn’t embarrassing at all.
 
The revelation that Junhyung had been watching him was really unnerving. Mostly because he couldn’t figure out why
 
He wasn’t his friend. In fact, Junhyung seemed to tolerate him most days, rather than actually get along with him. If he really was watching Hyunseung, it was impossible to catch him at it. Hyunseung had certainly tried to. If anything, it had only served to embarrass himself. Rather than catch Junhyung looking at him, it always seemed to be the other way around.
 
The only time that changed was on stage, when Hyunseung himself was at his most comfortable and carefree. On stage, he would laugh at Yoseob’s antics and Junhyung didn’t make him tongue-tied. Kikwang was always nearby, steady as a rock and readily playing around just as much as Yoseob when the opportunity arose.
 
Hyunseung couldn’t imagine being on stage without either of them. They made up for his shyness with their wild displays of hyperactivity and affection. 
 
He didn’t see himself the way they did, completely oblivious to his own charisma and the effect it had on fans and s alike.
 
 
 
~~~~**~~~~
 
"Progress" and the next chapter will be short, since they are both going to essentially be told from Hyunseung and Junhyung's point of view, respectively. 
 
^^ I know Junhyung is coming off as creepy because of his 'watching'. I promise it will be explained soon.