Danger Zone

Where I Belong
The screams were deafening as they finished the song and bowed, microphones hanging from their fingers. It was their final appearance on music shows. The promotions for their debut were over, which meant the boys would further their skills and start preparing for another album. Their manager had mentioned something about variety shows, as well, but nothing was set in stone yet.
 
Hyunseung straightened from his bow, panting a little bit. The accessories he wore jingled a little bit as he brought the hand holding his mic up to his face so he could tuck his hair out of his eyes. 
 
What happened next he would later claim happened in slow motion, his fear so great that he couldn’t make himself move.
 
As the members started to leave the main stage, the fans’ screams grew wild and panicked. Confused by the sudden change, Hyunseung turned to look back out at them, frowning uncertainly. Sparks up above caught his attention, and as his eyes slowly turned upward to find the source, Hyunseung felt his stomach lurch sickeningly.
 
 One of the massive stage lights was dangling, sending sparks showering down as the lights flickered and popped. 
 
“Hyunseung, move!” Yoseob screamed.
 
The dancer barely heard him past the panicked roaring in his ears. He couldn’t seem to make his feet move, unable to pull his eyes away from the lighting equipment swinging threateningly. It dropped a couple of feet and several loud pops were heard, wrenching terrified screams from those in the studio.
 
“Seungie!”
 
The cord attaching the light to the ceiling ripped free with a fiery shower, and the light went out instantly as it plummeted toward the frozen boy.
 
"Hyung!"
 
Hyunseung felt a hard body slam into his, sending him to the stage floor with a painful jolt. The fixture hit the stage with a resounding crash mere feet away, but he couldn’t see it through the person on top of him, still holding onto him so tightly it was starting to hurt almost as much as his fall.
 
Through vision that was already beginning to blur, he recognized a familiar cloth band holding up an even more familiar head of hair. As the person turned his face toward Hyunseung, his features came into sharp focus moments before everything went black.
 
---
 
“Hyung, you almost got hit too. Why didn’t you go to the hospital with Seungie?”
 
Junhyung looked up at the maknae’s worried face and inwardly cursed at himself for scaring the kid so bad. It had taken twenty minutes after Hyunseung had been carried out of the building for the rest of them to calm Dongwoon down. 
 
While the others finished changing out of their stage outfits, Junhyung sat down and hunched forward, resting his elbows on his knees. Running a hand through his hair, he shook his head and looked at the floor between his feet. “I’m not the one who fainted, Dongwoon. I’ll wait and go with the rest of you.”
 
“I can’t believe something like that actually happened,” Yoseob said quietly as he dropped down beside the rapper. He wasn’t smiling or pulling off any of his usual antics, too shaken up by the incident to attempt anything cheerful. He leaned back and stared blankly at the opposite wall. “He didn’t even move… Why didn’t he move?”
 
“Fear does strange things to people. You don’t know what you’ll do in any situation until it happens, Yoseob.” Doojoon shoved his arms through the sleeves of his jacket. “For now, let’s not wonder why and focus on getting home. They don’t want us at the hospital.”
 
“What?” Junhyung looked up sharply as Yoseob protested loudly beside him.
 
Doojoon’s eyes met Junhyung’s for a moment before he looked down and zipped up his jacket. “He already woke up again and they’re going to release him in a little while anyway. Manager says its best if we wait for him at home and don’t overwhelm him too much.”
 
There was nothing to be said against it at that point. Once Kikwang was ready the five remaining members trouped out of their dressing room to head home. Doojoon had an arm around Dongwoon’s shoulders and lead the way down the corridors, murmuring to him until the worry on the maknae’s face lessened a little. Yoseob was serious, barely restraining a pout. Kikwang walked beside him and looked over his shoulder at Junhyung every so often. He wasn’t the only one, either. The entire group was receiving some very worried and sympathetic looks from the staff and other artists they passed.
 
Junhyung brought up the rear, walking in a bit of a daze behind the other members until they got to the van outside. He didn’t talk on the way home, ignoring Kikwang’s attempts to bring him into conversation by staring out the window at the night sky. Despite what it may look like to the others, it wasn’t the sky he was seeing.
 
It was the look of relief on Hyunseung’s face just before he’d fainted.